Back in the PC Game (kinda), what have I missed?

I caved and bought a laptop on a back to school sale. I've been trying to get back into online poker as a hobby/side hustle and needed something reliable and powerful enough to multitable + run HUDs and analytics. 

Unfortunately, I don't really have room right now for a desktop. Hopefully within the next couple years I will, so this is a bit of a stop gap in the meantime, but I'm pretty happy with the deal/specs. Supposed to show up Tuesday (which is conveniently the launch of classic WoW).

Definitely gonna be jumping back into some CS, and I've been itching to replay Witcher 3 (which I originally played at 20fps on PS4), other than that I'm open to suggestions. Either things that are exclusive to PC (by that I mean not available on Switch or PS4...stuff that's on Xbox is fair game) , or substantially better experiences. 

Also been meaning to check out Forza Horizon..is the newest one the one to go with?

Specs:

Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 cores, 12MB Cache)

16GB (8GB +8GB) DDR4 2666MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

Edited by Casual

Nothing but Xbox pity ports at lower resolution.

PC hasn't had an exclusive for a damn near decade now, defunct tech. Consoles have taken pretty much all their rts/fps and those are pretty much the only genres PC's limited input method can do.

Is it too late to return your PC parts? The local dumpster accepts all in terms of PC gaming. Try to get back as much as you can and invest into a PS4 and Switch for exclusive titles.

Just now, Casual said:

i tried getting into dota2 a bunch of times but i just accepted that ill never be good at it. 

I've been playing it for 10 years. For some reason it never gets old

Just now, Cookester15 said:

I've been playing it for 10 years. For some reason it never gets old

yeah. it's a game i 100% understand the appeal of. i even watch TI most years. 

i think for me it's just daunting. i feel like it'll be 1000 hours before i even understand whats going on at a surface level. unfortunately it's one of those games that i just won't enjoy unless i'm good at it. i wish i had started playing back in the day and kept up as it evolved...seems like something that's just too hard to get into at this point if you're not already acclimated. 

14 minutes ago, Casual said:

yeah. it's a game i 100% understand the appeal of. i even watch TI most years. 

i think for me it's just daunting. i feel like it'll be 1000 hours before i even understand whats going on at a surface level. unfortunately it's one of those games that i just won't enjoy unless i'm good at it. i wish i had started playing back in the day and kept up as it evolved...seems like something that's just too hard to get into at this point if you're not already acclimated. 

Well I suck with 90% of the heroes, I focused on learning 5 quite well and just stuck to that. 

Abaddon, Lich, Witch Doctor, Wraith King and sometimes Viper. Maybe just try again and start with one easy hero and focus on him. 

Now you can preset what lane you want before the match que starts so if you're only comfortable playing offlane support it will only put you into that role. 

if you spent 1k hours playing dota you know how the game works and know all characters and items.

Around that time you could be mechanically good (last hitting/farming/team fights) but lack map awareness/tactics and vice versa. It's not harder to get into dota than it was years ago. 

You will never be TI Pro level good if you don't make the game your job so just play it for fun. I think people are missing out, its the best team based game ever made.

CSGO is amazing, closer to 1.6 than CSS ever was but they changed a lot of stuff. 

And I recommend path of exile and hunt: showdown (game just got 1.0 patch, early access is finished and it releases in a week).

and of course all the great hardcore FPS (bodycunt is not able to play with his wrinkled controller fingers)

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, kaz said:

if you spent 1k hours playing dota you know how the game works and know all characters and items.

Around that time you could be mechanically good (last hitting/farming/team fights) but lack map awareness/tactics and vice versa. It's not harder to get into dota than it was years ago. 

You will never be TI Pro level good if you don't make the game your job so just play it for fun. I think people are missing out, its the best team based game ever made.

CSGO is amazing, closer to 1.6 than CSS ever was but they changed a lot of stuff. 

And I recommend path of exile and hunt: showdown (game just got 1.0 patch, early access is finished and it releases in a week).

and of course all the great hardcore FPS (bodycunt is not able to play with his wrinkled controller fingers)

Why do we never play together? 

Add me to steam you fuck. Cooke15 (automated United 3947) 

53 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Why do we never play together? 

Add me to steam you fuck. Cooke15 (automated United 3947) 

maybe because you live in canada and i live in europe and our ping will be shitty :mjgrin:

There have been some indie PC games that I would like to catch up on.

For example, Her Story is a cool game to knock out during 2-3 hours. I played that already.  I've also been wanting to play Contradiction, Spot the Liar.

The person who made Her Story actually has an upcoming game coming out this month, Telling Lies. I remember seeing a trailer for that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

There have been some indie PC games that I would like to catch up on.

For example, Her Story is a cool game to knock out during 2-3 hours. I played that already.  I've also been wanting to play Contradiction, Spot the Liar.

The person who made Her Story actually has an upcoming game coming out this month, Telling Lies. I remember seeing a trailer for that.

Cool. I'll look into those!

Has anyone here played Anno 1800?

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Cool. I'll look into those!

Has anyone here played Anno 1800?

I have not yet played it, but it's doing really well, both in terms of reviews and sales for Ubisoft.

It's a city builder, but focused on the Victorian era of industry, trade, monopolies and if needed; war to maintain your supremacy. You start as a small village, and it gets more and more complex as your society advances.

Also check your PM's regarding Gamepass:face: 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I have not yet played it, but it's doing really well, both in terms of reviews and sales for Ubisoft.

It's a city builder, but focused on the Victorian era of industry, trade, monopolies and if needed; war to maintain your supremacy. You start as a small village, and it gets more and more complex as your society advances.

Also check your PM's regarding Gamepass:face: 

Appreciate that dude! 

And yeah, it looks pretty awesome. I was wondering why I didn't see it on Steam (the older ones appear to be there), but I guess it's a Ubi store thing!

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Appreciate that dude! 

And yeah, it looks pretty awesome. I was wondering why I didn't see it on Steam (the older ones appear to be there), but I guess it's a Ubi store thing!

Ubistore, and Epic Games Store (88% of revenue instead of 65% on STEAM) and it's currently on sale at the Epic Store for $40.19.

• Like 1