The final nail in the coffin for MS fans

The Xbox Game Pass subscription model has been a hit for Microsoft so far, as the company has been offering access to tons of games and even providing day-one launches for their upcoming exclusive games. During an interview which will soon arrive on Gamereactor's site, we asked head of gaming services Ben Decker about what the future would hold for the service in an ideal world, to which he said:

“ you know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal. We don't have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere."

Now let's just see whether Nintendo and Sony are willing to follow Microsoft's hopes for the future of gaming. As for the full interview, also including Xbox Live business lead Matt Percy, you can expect to see that very soon.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your right , xbox isn't going anywhere . Its gonna stay on the store shelves and in the warehouses 

for "every platform", I hope they mean, for Linux and Mac OS too.  Not just Windows.   

a few minutes later     

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

5c2.jpg

“ you know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal. We don't have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere."

:mroff:

Told your dumbass. 

15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

“ you know, we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal. We don't have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere."

:mroff:

Told your dumbass. 

You obviously didn't read it very closely

"In an ideal world"

"We don't have any specific plans"

"I think that is a long term goal"

These things are way above this dudes pay grade. 

:deadsuge:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
18 minutes ago, Ike said:

Gamepass for Switch was the part of the original Ori/Cuphead rumor. Coupled with Deeno’s repeated denials, it’s coming. :hest:

Exactly.... and the games came in the EXACT SAME ORDER they said it would. 

DynamiteCop denied anything would come.... all the games have come so far.... last on the list is gamepass :fella:

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You obviously didn't read it very closely

"In an ideal world"

"We don't have any specific plans"

"I think that is a long term goal"

These things are way above this dudes pay grade. 

:deadsuge:

Your constant denials are hilarious because you ended being wrong AT EVER TURN :sabu:

"No way Cuphead comes to the Switch" 

"XBL on Switch... you guys are stupid to believe that" 

"Super Lucky's Tale?  Ha... that's how you know it's fake news... who would waste time porting this? " 

"Ori? no way... that's an Xbox game Studios game... those other games had nothing to do with MS"

Back to back to back to back 

:gun::deadkoolaid:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Your constant denials are hilarious because you ended being wrong AT EVER TURN :sabu:

"Super Lucky's Tale?  Ha... that's how you know it's fake news... who would waste time porting this? " 

"Ori? no way... that's an Xbox game Studios game... those other games had nothing to do with MS"

nKkGdmx.png

What's happening here is a guy with no power of dictation flapping his gums about something as I said is well beyond his pay grade.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

nKkGdmx.png

What's happening here is a guy with no power of dictation flapping his gums about something as I said is well beyond his pay grade.

You were wrong on every turn.... you went from "they are never coming!!!!! " to "no more are coming" :sabu:

Just now, Goukosan said:

You were wrong on every turn.... you went from "they are never coming!!!!! " to "no more are coming" :sabu:

You're not getting games, what's the difference? Your Xbox everywhere fantasy got taken behind the shed, raped and then shot to death. 

Get a new schtick, this one is over. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're not getting games, what's the difference? Your Xbox everywhere fantasy got taken behind the shed, raped and then shot to death. 

Get a new schtick, this one is over. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Still can't see Sony ever approving GP on a Playstation. They want ppl to buy the 3rd party games on Playstation. Not give MS a sub to play them on the playstation where Sony gets next to nothing. 

Sony would never entertain the idea and Microsoft isn't going to waste a bunch of money porting games to Switch, especially not considering how high the ceiling for development is going to become not only cost wise but also graphically. 

The most, and I mean the absolute most that MAY ever happen is Switch will get an xCloud app, and even that Phil Spencer said isn't on the radar. 

There's no reason for them to port their game outside of their ecosystem, shove it into the cloud and call it a day. They develop for Xbox and subsequently PC, there's no logical sense for the porting of their games when they can just be shoved into a server blade with zero additional cost or work. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!