The final nail in the coffin for MS fans

When xbox 2 flops MS will pull out and be completely 3rd party . They will probably buy a bunch more studios .

They are already prepping for it . Xbox 2 will flop.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your right , xbox isn't going anywhere . Its gonna stay on the store shelves and in the warehouses 

for "every platform", I hope they mean, for Linux and Mac OS too.  Not just Windows.   

a few minutes later     

4 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

I have read the thread and it's a bunch of people saying that Xbox is going down.. I'm just stating the obvious truths and looking beyond the SW closed minded debates.  This sheep and cows need to come back to reality.  bunch of babies.. :D You should be backing and love MS since you're a pc gamer.  If it wasn't for MS who knows if you'd even be playing the games you love on PC.  MS=PC

windows :bow:  

shit im a lemming :mjgrin: 

Just now, kaz said:

windows :bow:  

shit im a lemming :mjgrin: 

Yeah pretty much.  Thanks for supporting MS so they can continue on their Xbox projects.  The money they use to invest into Xbox (which is significant) is truly only a drop in the bucket for their total income.  

Bahbah Xbox gonna go out of business and MS gonna shut it down trolololol - sheep and cows

This shit is way too funny.  Watching a bunch of gamers who are devoted to sony and ninty and have no idea about how much power and money MS actually has at their disposal :D 

You should be licking MS's perineum.

9 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

When xbox 2 flops MS will pull out and be completely 3rd party . They will probably buy a bunch more studios .

Hardware is a net zero for Xbox, but it opens the door to Live and platform publishing fees which nets them great deals of profit.

It also allows them to sell their own games without publishing penalties. To add to this have a very lucrative peripheral market.

Xbox isn't going anywhere.

17 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

That's fine if the hardware "flops". Like previously mentioned, MS has a warchest. If Xcloud and Gamepass end up being successful enough I'm sure they'll keep some kind of hardware just to say they have their own.  The hardware doesn't make much money. MS knows it's software that brings in the cash.  So their other endeavors into game streaming will keep the incentive to have their own box.. Hell even Sony and Nintendo have jumped on the Xcloud bandwagon because they know it's the future.  Why would MS stop producing the hardware that their services run on?

4 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

First of all Bill Gates, Steve Balmer and Satya Nadella are still currenlty 3 of the 5 top shareholders for Microsoft. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/122215/top-4-microsoft-shareholders.asp

Bill Gates original vision for MS was to have some type of computer in every living room.  

"You know, even when we wrote down at Microsoft in 1975, 'a computer on every desk and in every home,' we didn't realize, Oh, we'll have to be a big company. Every time, I thought, 'Oh, God, can we double in size?'" 

Sony's TV and movie divisions are nothing compared to Microsoft's businesses. lmao.  Educate yourself and look it up before you reply back to me.

You're trying to tell me that if Sony's playstation completely failed that Sony as a company would not be in trouble?  MS can ditch Xbox at any time and it wouldn't hurt them at all.  The fact that they are sticking with it and are trying different approaches only proves that they believe that there is a huge market income to be had in the gaming industry and that they are continuing to move forward. 

They're not going anywhere. They aren't losing much money in their overall total yearly income since Xbox is simply a pet project which jives with their original vision of having connectivity in every living room and household.  

They will continue on and when one of their gaming projects takes full traction then the other two, ninty and playstation may end up being in trouble.  These are just facts.

Doesn't matter. Microsoft is a publicly traded corporation.

They have a fiduciary responsibility to ALL shareholders to not waste money and to have the biggest return possible.

It does not run on the whims of just 3 people.

42 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Doesn't matter. Microsoft is a publicly traded corporation.

They have a fiduciary responsibility to ALL shareholders to not waste money and to have the biggest return possible.

It does not run on the whims of just 3 people.

What you don't understand is that Microsoft's primary business is now focused on cloud computing.  Before being CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella led major projects that included the company's move to cloud computing and the development of one of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world.  Microsoft as a company believes in this technology and they are leading the pack.  Just like Windows leads the pack for being the most popular desktop operating system in the world.  The company has dedicated themselves to this technology.

They have now decided to implement games and Xbox into that infrastructure and the other major gaming consoles, Sony and Ninty are "jumping in" and decided that's a good idea.  I wonder if the shareholders are against that?  Hmmmm.  No, I think they're all okay with it.

And the hardware? It doesn't make money like software does.  But yeah, if "the box" eventually fails or costs them too much money for whatever reason (like defects and losses in that way) then they might discontinue it.  But Xbox One's have always worked flawlessly and the craftsmanship is on point.  I think it would be prudent for them to at least keep their hardware in the game.  Even if they spend a ton per console and sell it for what it costs to make it, it's an overall investment to the software side of their industry.  Me too says MS.. woop woop.

The profits from game development and studio acquisitions and cloud based gaming will be tremendous.  If not, then they might eventually drop the hardware and go back to PC Windows cloud computing.

All I'm saying is that MS ain't going nowhere with Xbox.  They want to prove to everyone that their cloud based technology works.  Sony and Nintendo engineers seem to think so.  So if you want to argue tell me where MS is going to fail with Xbox and die a horrible death within the next 10 years?

/thread

Edited by Spicalicious
12 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

What you don't understand is that Microsoft's business is in now focused on cloud computing and for good reason.  Before being CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella led major projects that included the company's move to cloud computing and the development of one of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world.  Microsoft as a company believes in this technology and they are leading the pack.  Just like Windows leads the pack for being the most popular desktop operating system in the world.  The company has dedicated themselves to this technology.

They have now decided to implement games and Xbox into that infrastructure and the other major gaming consoles, Sony and Ninty are "jumping in" and decided that's a good idea.  I wonder if the shareholders are against that?  Hmmmm.  No, I think they're all okay with it.

And the hardware? It doesn't make money like software does.  But yeah, if "the box" eventually fails then they might discontinue it much later in the future.  I think it would be prudent for them to at least keep their hardware in the game.  Even if they spend a tonne per console and sell it for what it costs to make it, it's an overall investment to the software side of their industry.  Me too says MS.. woop woop.

The profits from game development and studio acquisitions and cloud based gaming will be tremendous.  If not, then they might eventually drop the hardware and go back to PC Windows cloud computing.

All I'm saying is that MS ain't going nowhere with Xbox.  They want to prove to everyone that their cloud based technology works.  Sony and Nintendo engineers seem to think so.  So if you want to argue tell me where MS is going to fail with Xbox and die a horrible death within the next 10 years?

/thread

So they're rolling in gaming into another division.

Some we all predicted quote a while ago

....because Xbox IS failing

This is putting the Xbox division on the "shortbus". You should already see that they are not putting any real effort because they're rolling out the servers with repackaged Xbox One S motherboards to save money.

If it doesn't generate as much business, they will just let those servers sit and fade out.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So they're rolling in gaming into another division.

Some we all predicted quote a while ago

....because Xbox IS failing

This is putting the Xbox division on the "shortbus". You should already see that they are not putting any real effort because they're rolling out the servers with repackaged Xbox One S motherboards to save money.

If it doesn't generate as much business, they will just let those servers sit and fade out.

Did you read that on Vice? :D   They will use re purposed One S motherboards? For real?  * reputable Link

Edited by Spicalicious
3 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Did you read that on Vice? :D   They will use re purposed One S motherboards? For real?  * reputable Link

Sure..........the source is.............Microsoft when they announced xCloud.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66701/8-xbox-one-boards-power-xcloud-game-servers-2u-rack/index.html

Their own visual animation shows an Xbox One S opening up and having its mainboard come out, and then 8 of them lay into a server blade.

Nadella is literally forcing Phil Spencer to take the unsold Xboxes, open them up, and use them for the servers.

That's like something a cheap-ass car manufacturer would do back in the 80's.

I understand what they are trying to do and it makes sense.  They are trying to provide the base xbox experience to lower end devices like smarphones and tablets.  It's actually ingenious and simplifies things.  The cloud technology which will be running on different hardware will manage the inter-connectivity  between sessions whether it's Samsung phone and an iPad.  The Xbox's are just acting as hosts for the other device (aka phone or tablet), but they aren't powering the actual cloud technology.

Non technical people like you are funny.

LOL, this guy is not ret-conning his excuses after realizing a new piece of information

15 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

I understand what they are trying to do and it makes sense.  They are trying to provide the base xbox experience to lower end devices like smarphones and tablets.  It's actually ingenious and simplifies things.  The cloud technology which will be running on different hardware will manage the inter-connectivity  between sessions whether it's Samsung phone and an iPad.  The Xbox's are just acting as hosts for the other device (aka phone or tablet), but they aren't powering the actual cloud technology.

Non technical people like you are funny.

What does the "cloud technology" have to do with the fact that the video games will look like base Xbox quality?

Microsoft had already built Azure BEFORE making their decision with the Xbox division.

Xbox isn't responsible for Azure existing.

Azure's existence is quite possibly going to be the ONLY reason why the Xbox may be able to limp on. Life support vessel.

You seem to be giving Xbox credit for Azure..........when they don't deserve any.

You got your ass handed to you. Good to see you bolt the thread.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, this guy is not ret-conning his excuses after realizing a new piece of information

What does the "cloud technology" have to do with the fact that the video games will look like base Xbox quality?

Microsoft had already built Azure BEFORE making their decision with the Xbox division.

Xbox isn't responsible for Azure existing.

Azure's existence is quite possibly going to be the ONLY reason why the Xbox may be able to limp on. Life support vessel.

You seem to be giving Xbox credit for Azure..........when they don't deserve any.

You got your ass handed to you. Good to see you bolt the thread.

Sorry, I don't argue with non technical people. I sometimes have to do it at work but I won't do it here :D 

But I read a little of what you said and they are just showing this as an example.  As newer more powerful hardware becomes available they will also upgrade those Xbox's with the newest versions.. They aren't doing it with Xbox One X because no portable devices are yet powerful enough to run higher quality games than base Xbox at this time.  Why put more powerful host hardware if it actually isn't needed.  And yes, the cloud technology runs on Xeon processors and not Xbox hardware.

Begone with you. 

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Hardware is a net zero for Xbox, but it opens the door to Live and platform publishing fees which nets them great deals of profit.

It also allows them to sell their own games without publishing penalties. To add to this have a very lucrative peripheral market.

Xbox isn't going anywhere.

Your right , xbox isn't going anywhere . Its gonna stay on the store shelves and in the warehouses 

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Sorry, I don't argue with non technical people. I sometimes have to do it at work but I won't do it here :D 

But I read a little of what you said and they are just showing this as an example.  As newer more powerful hardware becomes available they will also upgrade those Xbox's with the newest versions.. They aren't doing it with Xbox One X because no portable devices are yet powerful enough to run higher quality games than base Xbox at this time.  Why put more powerful host hardware if it actually isn't needed.  And yes, the cloud technology runs on Xeon processors and not Xbox hardware.

Begone with you. 

For a technical person..........you apparently didn't even know the basics about xCloud.

I'm sure Microsoft will crease more powerful Xbox server blades for Azure.

..........when their new Xbox console fails to sell..........Nadella will tell Phil Spencer to take the unused stock, open them up, and put those mainboards on server blades.:tom:

1 hour ago, Spicalicious said:

a few minutes later 

1 hour ago, Spicalicious said:

I understand what they are trying to do and it makes sense.

:mroff:

• Haha 1