Songs in games that gave you chills

2 hours ago, kaz said:

bro thats what I said. I think BF3 had a really cool story and even though I played it once I remember the moment where the story flipped with the betrayal scene. And im sure that one played.

the others were meh. BF3 stood out for me the plot twist was unexpected. such a good game.

Yeah but i enjoyed BF4's campaign too (Michael K williams' character was entertaining). 1 and V have their moments but i don't think the small vignettes work that well for this type of game, they should back to a single fully featured campaign.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah but i enjoyed BF4's campaign too (Michael K williams' character was entertaining). 1 and V have their moments but i don't think the small vignettes work that well for this type of game, they should back to a single fully featured campaign.

Yea I wish they could go back to a classic campaign design.

The biggest thing that pisses me off about DICE now though is that they just use shit compressed pre-rendered video for their cutscenes.  There's nothing worse than going from a beautiful 4K 100fps gameplay into a 30fps cutscene low res video with horrible compression artifacts.

Hopefully with the advent of the next gen consoles and their super fast SSDs, there wont be the need to hide background loading behind pre-rendered video cutscenes, and games will use real-time cutscenes instead.  That would not only improve the consistency of the experience, but also reduce filesize.

At the VERY least, the quality and fps of the video needs to be consistent with the target FPS of the game.  BF5 was absolutely terrible in that regard.

2 hours ago, Optimus Jim said:

This song gave me the chills: 

one of the best tracks and my favourite parts in the game. start of cd 2 after aerith's death. the little town and then snowboarding down into the white. best game ever.

winter/snowy themes are always amazing:

fucking squaresoft games :bow:  absolute pinnacle of gaming :bow: 

2 hours ago, roflpwnedz said:

I play that for my guildmates in FF14 and sometimes random people join in to listen. ez to play too  :downs: 

my fav is chocobo song though, i can play it on drums or bongos and people still recognise it :downs: 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

i remember this one played in the main menu and while loading a game too. such a soothing and amazing track. i just realized now i never looked the soundtrack up.

Edited by kaz