NPD - # of Physical releases in 2018/19 highest it's ever been in 8/9 years.

2019 is also on pace to surpass 2018.  Switch accounts for 34% presence at retail and will. increase this holiday. 

Overall according to NPD... retail presence by Platforms PS4 #1, Switch #2 and Xbox1 #3. 

Breakdown by Consoles

IMG_20190828_154842.jpg

IMG_20190828_154910.jpg

Breakdown by year 

IMG_20190828_154852.jpg

Edited by Goukosan

switch has been my top platform this year, followed by one x (superior versions of rdr2, re 2 and ass creed odyssey)........and ps4 pro is non-existent. ps4 flopped this year. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Upvote 1

I don't know where these numbers are from but I don't believe this. If it was true Ganestop and other gameshops wouldn't be literally on the brink of dying. I can't remember the last time I bought a physical and no one I know buys physical. But honestly I really don't know what difference it makes if it's true or not to even fight over

edit: ignore my post. I totally misread 

Edited by Delita

Switch games are also a better investment. you'll never see a bargain bin filled with switch titles, the switch and its games are simply a cut above and do not drop price or get fire-saled after a few weeks.

Feel free to go to your local walmart and sift through the tonnes of UbiJunk, EA, MS, and Sony crap software that litters the bins. :D Switch games won't be there.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Looks like Dynocrap is completely right............people don't buy physical anymore.....

.....for Xbox:reg:

This is already well known, Xbox has a larger digital sales attachment than the other two systems. People have warmed up to it far more especially with things like BC coming into the fray. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is already well known, Xbox has a larger digital sales attachment than the other two systems. People have warmed up to it far more especially with things like BC coming into the fray. 

Ah, so you're saying that digital sales are bigger on Xbox compared to the other two consoles, right?

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This isn't a sales thread.  It's a retail presence/retail release thread. 

Just now, jehurey said:

Ah, so you're saying that digital sales are bigger on Xbox compared to the other two consoles, right?

I didn't say that, no one has that kind of information. I'm talking about relative to each platform independently Xbox has a significantly larger digital purchasing share relative to its physical purchasing. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

This isn't a sales thread.  It's a retail presence/retail release thread. 

I'm aware, thank Jerry for the divergence. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I didn't say that, no one has that kind of information. I'm talking about relative to each platform independently Xbox has a significantly larger digital purchasing share relative to its physical purchasing. 

If you specifically don't have that kind of information, you are literally incapable of making that determination in your second sentence.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If you specifically don't have that kind of information, you are literally incapable of making that determination in your second sentence.

I didn't make that determination, it's verbatim from Benji. Stop trying to be a shit lord arguing about everything, it's annoying. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I didn't make that determination, it's verbatim from Benji. 

So, you're only talking about proportion.........and now raw sales data.

So the proportion of Xbox digital games can be really high.......yet still be selling less purely in regards of sales numbers on PS4 and Switch.

At which point......that boast would be completely irrelevant?

Just now, jehurey said:

So, you're only talking about proportion.........and now raw sales data.

So the proportion of Xbox digital games can be really high.......yet still be selling less purely in regards of sales numbers on PS4 and Switch.

At which point......that boast would be completely irrelevant?

Well it skews the retail market, sales, availability of software, purchase orders etc. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well it skews the retail market, sales, availability of software, purchase orders etc. 

Ah, suddenly found more excuses, I see.

What are the chances that there is limited availability of Xbox One physical games? I haven't heard of any such instances, have you? Maybe some sort of proof in the form of people complaining on a forum somewhere?

And let's follow that tangent, for a second because it is also related to your other excuse: purchase orders.

That would imply that the retailer is purposely choosing to NOT stock Xbox One physical games. Now why would they do that? Sheer ignorance? Or maybe their metrics would indicate that the demand is not there?

Just now, jehurey said:

Ah, suddenly found more excuses, I see.

What are the chances that there is limited availability of Xbox One physical games? I haven't heard of any such instances, have you? Maybe some sort of proof in the form of people complaining on a forum somewhere?

And let's follow that tangent, for a second because it is also related to your other excuse: purchase orders.

That would imply that the retailer is purposely choosing to NOT stock Xbox One physical games. Now why would they do that? Sheer ignorance? Or maybe their metrics would indicate that the demand is not there?

I'm really not interested in talking to you or having this conversation, you're a bonafide douche who can't just have a conversation. Everything with you has to be some long winding argument and fight.

Blow your brains out the back of your skull.