Played Doom Eternal on Stadia

First off doom eternal seems really good. The demo is from the beginning of the game but the few weapons available were fun to use and the dashing is a good addition. 

Now for the stadia experience, I have to say it was a bit disappointing. Doom had obvious resolution issues and the image quality just wasn’t there. The controls were definitely smooth and responsive, so technically speaking it probably still offering a the best streaming solution on the market, but there’s no chance that it’ll be a threat to consoles or any or other traditional gaming platform.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Do you take the ferry to/from brainridge? Apparently that’s a really nice & scenic route, but I’m not sure if I can fit into into my schedule.

I take a ferry just not the Bainbridge one. I take one out of west Seattle everyday for work. I’m actually on the ferry right now heading home. :ben: 

Edited by Ike

Other quick thoughts

-Nintendo keeps on killing it. They must have the most dedicated fans in the business, people were waiting for hours to play Luigi’s Mansion 3 and the link’s awakening remake. 

-played the medieval remake. Meh. Combat did not feel good and it seems unforgiving. I died near the end of the first level and it made me do it all over again. 

-played trials of mana. Seems alright, combat feels like a mashup of tales and star ocean. 

-The FF8 remaster looks sharp, including even the CG cutscenes 

- I didn’t win any swag 😒

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1