NPD - Switch forecasted to have the highest US Hardware sales than any manufacturer since 2010.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who gives a shit you fucking fgt 

Highest unit market share isn't necessarily highest units sold in a year since 2010 though and most certainly won't be the case this year.    Just saying out of all hardware sold this year,

I’m considering selling my switch for that $199 model. It looks so sweet, and apparently has a much better battery life and feel to it.

Posted Images

Pretty impressive... if you forget the global market exists and the competition's legs are getting tired; even so, PS4 is still outselling Switch in hardware and software globally at nearly 6 years old this year. Now that's impressive.

Is Switch finally going to outsell PS4 this year? Pretty sure they're like over a million plus units behind, and that's with Japan's console market having been completely collapsed this entire generation... which is quite remarkable. Switch is relying completely on the console and handheld market to make their sales. Nintendo has already killed off their dedicated handhelds especially when watered down Switch launches.

Xbox One is fuckin' dead as door nail (since 2014).

Edited by lynux3
9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Pretty impressive... if you forget the global market exists and the competition's legs are getting tired; even so, PS4 is still outselling Switch in hardware and software globally at nearly 6 years old this year. Now that's impressive.

Is Switch finally going to outsell PS4 this year? Pretty sure they're like over a million plus units behind, and that's with Japan's console market having been completely collapsed this entire generation... which is quite remarkable. Switch is relying completely on the console and handheld market to make their sales. Nintendo has already killed off their dedicated handhelds especially when watered down Switch launches.

Xbox One is fuckin' dead as door nail (since 2014).

Re read it.  It will be the highest this ENTIRE Gen.... higher than PS4's peak years. 

It's a comparison to ALL YEARS not just this year alone. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Re read it.  It will be the highest this ENTIRE Gen.... higher than PS4's peak years. 

It's a comparison to ALL YEARS not just this year alone. 

Since 2010, yeah I get it. It's one market... it'd be more impressive if they sold as many units as Wii did in 2009 (not going to happen) or even 2010 (unlikely ever going to happen) globally. These cherry picked wins don't really mean much outside of the US, but it does mean that Switch will have to sell over ~7.07 million units in the US alone. Mat must be counting on watered down Switch to have a huge launch; which it should being that it's only $200.

Do we have numbers for other consoles in the US between 2010 and now annually?

Wait a second, I had to re-read it again.

Forecasting Nintendo to finish 2019 with the highest U.S. Video Game Hardware unit sales market share of any manufacturer since... Nintendo back in 2010.

This is even more cherry picked than I previously thought... "highest U.S. Video Game Hardware unit sales market share of any manufacturer". This isn't even about having the highest sales in the US since 2010, it's about having the highest sales market share 2010. :mj: 

What a useless piece of information. Who gives a fuck. We can thank the Xflop dOne's abysmal performance for that. :rofls: Congrats... I guess. :woo: 

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Since 2010, yeah I get it. It's one market... it'd be more impressive if they sold as many units as Wii did in 2009 (not going to happen) or even 2010 (unlikely ever going to happen) globally. These cherry picked wins don't really mean much outside of the US, but it does mean that Switch will have to sell over ~7.07 million units in the US alone. Mat must be counting on watered down Switch to have a huge launch; which it should being that it's only $200.

Do we have numbers for other consoles in the US between 2010 and now annually?

It's NPD, why would NPD talk global sales? They're not cherry picking lol

As far as US sales Annually, the numbers are out there somewhere. I'm sure Matt from NPD has it. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's NPD, why would NPD talk global sales? They're not cherry picking lol

As far as US sales Annually, the numbers are out there somewhere. I'm sure Matt from NPD has it. 

Read my post above. It most certainly is cherry picking. :D 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Wait a second, I had to re-read it again.

This is even more cherry picked than I previously thought... "highest U.S. Video Game Hardware unit sales market share of any manufacturer". This isn't even about having the highest sales, it's about having the highest sales market share. :mj: 

"Unit sales Market share" as in amount sold not to be confused market share percentage (percentage of the hardware market you hold) 

If you read his 2019 forecasts from the beginning of the year you would see that he has maintained that Switch would a record year unit sales wise. 

Lmfao at you accusing the NPD of cheery picking a stat and cheery picking US only data.... :rofls:

MU Ha Ha Ha Ha Mu Ha Ha Ha Ha Like who the fuck has that wack ass Switch836FE83A-B0CE-4B54-B81F-CE26F030F541.gif.65ab49f336f29bb047647f8e56388c59.gif

There is no way a grown man is walking around with a switch unless he is a complete lame. If you are 17 or older with a Switch then you ain’t got no hoes. 1FFF9854-5D61-4522-B754-DAFCCB1608B2.gif.1951a123472b546b939e06538f8c27f2.gif

Bruh that article is so cherrypicked you sheep should be ashamed. You sheep stay getting the wool shaved off your backs 

Edited by Cityboy
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"Unit sales Market share" as in amount sold not to be confused market share percentage (percentage of the hardware market you hold) 

If you read his 2019 forecasts from the beginning of the year you would see that he has maintained that Switch would a record year unit sales wise. 

Lmfao at you accusing the NPD of cheery picking a stat and cheery picking US only data.... :rofls:

You're confused. It means exactly what it says. Unit sales market share. Why are you warping it into something it's not? :wonder:

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You're confused. It means exactly what it says. Unit sales market share. Why are you warping it into something it's not? :wonder:

Yes it says exactly what it means highest unit sales market share since 2010... as in the highest unit sales since then.  Why are you accusing the NPD of cheery picking? :tophat2:

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Damn you getting OWNED like a pair of dirty socks C905F281-B915-4AFE-8318-1EEDC82C209B.gif.bf554d93c46ce4fe9e40f7be901d926e.gif

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes it says exactly what it means highest unit sales market share since 2010... as in the highest unit sales since then.  Why are you accusing the NPD of cheery picking? :tophat2:

Once again, you're warping it into something it's not. What's so difficult about understanding "unit sales market share"? Market share, in and of itself, is a percentage... in this case, it's based on unit sales which isn't directly saying the highest unit sales since 2010. I doubt Mat from NPD would fuck up his wording this bad. Not even your title is accurately portraying his tweet.

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Bruh just leave the thread with the last bit of dignity you have. The Ownage is severe. And the thought that you thought this thread was a good idea isC905F281-B915-4AFE-8318-1EEDC82C209B.gif.bf554d93c46ce4fe9e40f7be901d926e.gif

Edited by Cityboy
16 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Once again, you're warping it into something it's not. What's so difficult about understanding "unit sales market share"? Market share, in and of itself, is a percentage... in this case, it's based on unit sales which isn't directly saying the highest unit sales since 2010. I doubt Mat from NPD would fuck up his wording this bad. Not even your title is accurately portraying his tweet.

Hey, the year is almost done... we will find out soon enough when NPD reports year end data etc :tophat2:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Hey, the year is almost done... we will find out soon enough when NPD reports year end data etc :tophat2:

I can see Switch outselling itself from the previous year, but like I said, Switch will have to sell over ~7m units in the US alone if it wants to beat Wii numbers from 2010. What's the total sales now? Didn't they sell 3m units alone last holiday or was it 2m? I can't remember.

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

I can see Switch outselling itself from the previous year, but like I said, Switch will have to sell over ~7m units in the US alone if it wants to beat Wii numbers from 2010. What's the total sales now? Didn't they sell 3m units alone last holiday or was it 2m? I can't remember.

I don't think he meant outsell Wii from 2010....he said "highest since 2010".  So it will probably be within that range. 

last holiday (NOV + Dec) it sold over 3 million.