Zoe Quinn accuses dev of assault , dev kills himself

Just now, -GD- said:

I can’t comprehend how people let their self worth be determined by the internet. 

The generation below us is different. ITs like a science fiction story from 30 years ago, but real . ITs pathetic how internet clout has taken over the younger generation. They have been become so pussified.

• Sad 2
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This newer generation lives on it, and through it.   Where as I think those of us who were around in the early 2000's used the internet to fuck around, enjoyed the laughs, then logged-off an

Don't know the full story but people really need to start understanding the extent of the impact that this current internet mob has. I actually have no doubts this person was toxic and possibly abusiv

Posted Images

Just now, Voidler said:

Am I meant to sympathise with an abuser :yeshrug:

Are you a judge?

But no, I also don't think him killing himself should bring satisfaction to people in the stands.

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I can’t comprehend how people let their self worth be determined by the internet. 

This newer generation lives on it, and through it.

Where as I think those of us who were around in the early 2000's used the internet to fuck around, enjoyed the laughs, then logged-off and went back to the real world - but most importantly we had a healthy separation; we had AIM/MSN messenger, Napster/Kazaa and chat rooms.

These kids that grow up now, are in effect already in a Black Mirror episode, where how many people follow them, comment on their feed, and watch them live that determines their self worth - plus they have to be on Snapchat, Instagram, followed on Spotify, and Facebook just to be seen. Ultimately it's really fucked up, since most of these kids were never given a life lesson that "Hey, the internet is over there, and while it's fun, if it starts to become harmful, then log-off".

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

this is definitely not only the internet if someone accuses you of shit like that. you go out and complete paranoia sets in and you end up having a psychosis. doesn't help if you somewhat known too. 

it's just sad that people can say whatever they want and people believe it. if it was true or not it was clearly affecting this guys life. 

if someone accuses you the same way with pictures of you on the internet and it blows up I dont think you would take that lightly if people around treat you like shit for it.

just awful what this world has come to with the internet, so much crazy shit

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

This newer generation lives on it, and through it.

Where as I think those of us who were around in the early 2000's used the internet to fuck around, enjoyed the laughs, then logged-off and went back to the real world - but most importantly we had a healthy separation; we had AIM/MSN messenger, Napster/Kazaa and chat rooms.

These kids that grow up now, are in effect already in a Black Mirror episode, where how many people follow them, comment on their feed, and watch them live that determines their self worth - plus they have to be on Snapchat, Instagram, followed on Spotify, and Facebook just to be seen. Ultimately it's really fucked up, since most of these kids were never given a life lesson that "Hey, the internet is over there, and while it's fun, if it starts to become harmful, then log-off".

lol its also because they get taught its normal putting every shit on these platforms. and society gets entitled assholes like these influencer bitches and youtube stars that contribute nothing other than a picture of the fucking food they are going to eat :D 

11 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Are you a judge?

But no, I also don't think him killing himself should bring satisfaction to people in the stands.

Is anyone satisfied by this? Doesn’t mean we should take it out on the abused person

Just now, Voidler said:

Is anyone satisfied by this? Doesn’t mean we should take it out on the abused person

the guy was innocent and she admitted making all that up 

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

According to the era thread, yeah, a lot of people are happy.

Maybe take your issues to the police, and not the internet.  She knew exactly what she was doing. That's what she does.

This girl sucked dicks for jobs.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

According to the era thread, yeah, a lot of people are happy.

Maybe take your issues to the police, and not the internet.  She knew exactly what she was doing. That's what she does.

This girl sucked dicks for jobs.

Resetera is a cesspool and cancel culture is retarded. Doesn’t make an abuser right because he killed himself

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

Resetera is a cesspool and cancel culture is retarded. Doesn’t make an abuser right because he killed himself

But era and the other internet forums all follow that same bully the accused, innocent or not. It seemingly , that's what led up to it.

Im not saying the accused is right. But what pushed him to do it is those alt left mobs.

I don't think that is right, either.

I re-read the post she made.

He didn’t rape her, it was just a shitty toxic relationship. But she throws in some story of a rape she apparently had from somebody else to muddy the waters and it reads at first glance like he did it

Then people start thinking he raped her and he kills himself

She needs to answer for that shit

Don't know the full story but people really need to start understanding the extent of the impact that this current internet mob has. I actually have no doubts this person was toxic and possibly abusive, but by all accounts he has also seeked professional help, gotten therapy, made strides to improve as a person, apologised, etc. Mistakes are not life sentences that are decided by an internet forum or mob. At one point you need to support rehabilitation or just flatly come out and admit it has nothing to do with freeing yourself and everything to do with getting revenge. Sure there are times (especially if the person is continually abusing others) where maybe you do just need to blow the hatchet wide open, but there are also times to seek other avenues. In the end he had to live with his actions and no doubt ppl involved with this are going to have to live with the consequences of theirs. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Don't know the full story but people really need to start understanding the extent of the impact that this current internet mob has. I actually have no doubts this person was toxic and possibly abusive, but by all accounts he has also seeked professional help, gotten therapy, made strides to improve as a person, apologised, etc. Mistakes are not life sentences that are decided by an internet forum or mob. At one point you need to support rehabilitation or just flatly come out and admit it has nothing to do with freeing yourself and everything to do with getting revenge. Sure there are times (especially if the person is continually abusing others) where maybe you do just need to blow the hatchet wide open, but there are also times to seek other avenues. In the end he had to live with his actions and no doubt ppl involved with this are going to have to live with the consequences of theirs. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Make the internet free for all American citizens, and in exchange for that free communication infrastructure, there has to be a mandatory identification system that shows your real name in any web service in which you are talking to other people online.

Your name and address on file.

Plain fact of the matter is that visiting a common website where many people congrefate should be considered "being in public"

And when you are in public, you don't get the benefit of anonymity. It should be known who you are.

And that will greatly diminish bad online behavior from many groups. The racists, the trolls.  We'll easily be able to find out who is an American posting a comment and who is a Russian bot or anybody from outside the country. That also means #MeToo can still exist because the people who are making those comments are already putting their real life names to their statements.

Your employer will see everything you type......so will your family and friends. And if you don't like it, then shut your fucking mouth online. You don't get the right to anonymity in public. You just don't.

I wish Blizzard had the balls to stick with their Real ID system a few years ago. Fuck those people, they don't deserve to be anonymous. They don't like it, they can fuck off.