Active shooter situation in texas

UPDATE: Authorities said two separate shooters are believed to be firing at random people. _________ BREAKING: There is reportedly an active shooter situation in Odessa, Texas. Police said multiple people have been shot. We'll have updates as they come in on 11 News at 6.

My brother runs the only major restaurant in Midland, the next town over.

CNN has shown a police tweet saying they last saw the shooters on the Odessa side, so I would imagine that he's somewhat safe being on the other side of town, working at his restaurant. He won't be answering the phone during busy hours right now, so hopefully he'll text me soon.

He ended up killing 5 people, 21 injured (we don't know if those injured were specifically shot).

And it seems to have stemmed from a traffic stop.

White male in mid-30's.

Dynocrap is absolutely right................we need to start removing guns from certain people.

And, as a side story,Oregon's red flag laws worked beautifully. A former marine was making threats to kill ANTIFA members at a demonstration in Portland, and the FBI used the red flag law to go to his residence and confiscate ALL of his weapons:

FBI uses 'red flag' law to seize weapons from former Marine who threatened to 'slaughter' antifa

| August 31, 2019 11:24 AM

The FBI exercised Oregon's new "red flag" law to confiscate firearms from a former Marine who allegedly said he would "slaughter" antifa protesters at a demonstration in Portland earlier this month, according to the Oregonian.

In July, Shane Kohfield threatened to kill antifa members who he feared would take up arms against right-wing activists. He made the threats on a loudspeaker while donning a "Make America Great Again" baseball cap with a knife and a copy of his concealed carry permit strapped to both shoulders.

"If antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield said outside of Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler's home. "I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out antifa."

FBI's Joint Terrorism Task responded within days to seize all of Kohfield's weapons. Agents cited the red flag law to temporarily confiscate the guns, though Kohfield had not committed a crime.

The law allows law enforcement and family members to ask a judge to issue an "extreme risk protection order" that prohibits certain individuals from owning weapons. The statute's intent is to be proactive to inhibit violence before it can occur, and many states are enacting similar laws as a way to combat the increasing number of mass shootings in the U.S.

Phil Lemman, Oregon’s acting deputy state court administrator, said Kohfield gave up five guns, including an AR-15.

Kohfield was also admitted to a veterans hospital in Portland and spent 20 days there.

Now that's just good policy at work.

Make no mistake................if I see anybody from that part of the country making thinly-veiled threats at using their weapons in a threatening manner, and making threats to other people, best be assured that information should definitely be sent to the proper authorities so that they can start hunting after them.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Threatening to kill someone is already a crime. 

:grimaceleft:

But now we take your guns from your residence, automatically.:blessed:

That did not exist before.

That should automatically trigger for any domestic violence incident in which police can determine that somebody in the household was physically assaulted by a gun owner. Take the guns.

And that sends the message that you can't touch the other person, or else you risk having your gun taken away. Turn your ass around and walk away.

27 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But now we take your guns from your residence, automatically.:blessed:

That did not exist before.

That should automatically trigger for any domestic violence incident in which police can determine that somebody in the household was physically assaulted by a gun owner. Take the guns.

And that sends the message that you can't touch the other person, or else you risk having your gun taken away. Turn your ass around and walk away.

Totally unconstitutional. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Totally unconstitutional. 

Nope. It looks like you just failed to read the last few posts.

You tried to pretend to play stupid and not understand what we were talking about in the first place?????????:grimaceleft: