Gears 5 arguably the best looking game of all time

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah Act 1 is superb. Curious to hear how you feel the switch to Act 2 is for yous. Cause they really couldn’t have made it any more jarring. Epic, fast paced, action packed, classic linear Gears and then a giant hand brake stop in pacing and switch to hub world then open world. 

I’ve just went with what the recommended settings for my pc were. Reckon I should try pushing it to ultra with a 1080ti Remij?

I'm sure you could yea.  Depends on the resolution of course.  I'd put it on Ultra, then set the min fps to 60 and just let the resolution scaling do it's thing.  It does an amazing job at keeping 60fps.. and you likely wont notice any res drops.

• Like 1
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

didn't bite

Arguably?  It's not even close.

+

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I do have them , the bench said only used 4gb , msi says about 5.5. My vram never maxed .

It does seem like vsync stutters. I'll uninstall them tomo and try . Seems lots of people are having issues with it . No surprise pc gaming after all LOL

Yea people are saying their VRAM isn't maxed, but then they set them to high and the issue goes away.  It's likely capping at a certain amount and then thrashing the bandwidth trying to swap textures in and out.

You don't have to uninstall them.  Just turn the setting to high in the options menu.

Yeah I'll try that.  I assumed that might be the case as the stutters felt the same as forza horizon 4 on my 1060 3gb .

But damn , xbox is 4x the resolution and hdr so ima play on xbox . I'll try PC for mp .

Xbox is not a locked 60fps tho.  After cut scenes or loading it stutters a bit. 

11 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Yeah I'll try that.  I assumed that might be the case as the stutters felt the same as forza horizon 4 on my 1060 3gb .

But damn , xbox is 4x the resolution and hdr so ima play on xbox . I'll try PC for mp .

Xbox is not a locked 60fps tho.  After cut scenes or loading it stutters a bit. 

Is it installed on the internal HDD or an external?

I wonder if the framerate issues are from the game constantly trying to reach the servers that don't seem to be stable at the moment.

It's been an issue before in other games.

Edited by lynux3
17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Just checked the era thread, a lot of ppl having issues online. Not sure what that says considering this is still early access, not even the full launch yet. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon enough. I’m personally not touching anything outside of campaign till that’s done

Well it's probably a pretty huge launch as well, it's the top seller on Steam, it's no doubt selling a metric fuck ton on Xbox and there's GamePass to consider on both sides.

The amount of accessibility to something like this is considerably higher than there was for Gears 4, also the Ultimate Edition is $20 less than it was for 4. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
25 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well it's probably a pretty huge launch as well, it's the top seller on Steam, it's no doubt selling a metric fuck ton on Xbox and there's GamePass to consider on both sides.

The amount of accessibility to something like this is considerably higher than there was for Gears 4, also the Ultimate Edition is $20 less than it was for 4. 

Xbox, Win Store + Steam, and the barrier to entry is GP Ultimate...

Yea, It's safe to say they are getting fucking hammered.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

43 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Xbox, Win Store + Steam, and the barrier to entry is GP Ultimate...

Yea, It's safe to say they are getting fucking hammered.

Still crazy just how often this happens, even on games from huge publishers. MS is even a whole new level regarding online capabilities and it still happens.

• Upvote 1