Astral Chain is already a success for Platinum games.

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Tbh I wouldn't know what an A tier platinum game is. I feel like they all have their sort of problems including Bayonetta. Like those shitty insta death QTE sections

:mj:

those two minor sections somehow makes it not A tier? 

Bayonetta 2 doesn't have those sections, what's your issue with that game? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game hasn't even been out for a full week as yet 

Something , something , 30 FPS

Me: Slowkosan, show me where you talk about games outside of relative success and sales?   Slowkosan: Uh uh... go look at ReefsetEra, NeoGAF or SystemWars @ GS. They're talking about it, I s

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

None of their games are flawless experiences. The closest would be Vanquish but even that has some issues, like it's short length and amount of content.

I enjoy most of their quality efforts, even seriously flawed games like Metal Gear Rising or Wonderful 101 were a blast. 

Vanquish was great... but you're right.. it was super short.  Couldn't believe it was over so quickly. 

W101 was such a fun game that not alot of people got to play.  Platinum should give it a second shot on the Switch with a sequel or something. 

Edited by Goukosan
37 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Vanquish was great... but you're right.. it was super short.  Couldn't believe it was over so quickly. 

W101 was such a fun game that not alot of people got to play.  Platinum should give it a second shot on the Switch with a sequel or something. 

Meh no, it has no market appeal value. Rather see another new IP from Kamiya.

24 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Meh no, it has no market appeal value. Rather see another new IP from Kamiya.

Man idk. I honestly think that dude is hella overrated. He's good but he's not top tier in my eyes. Dmc1 and re2 were dope but they're not legendary status to me. I think part of it had to do with other devs making better games in that series than him. RE4 is better than 2, and dmc3 is better than 1.

Bayonetta is just whatever to me. 

1 minute ago, Delita said:

Man idk. I honestly think that dude is hella overrated. He's good but he's not top tier in my eyes. Dmc1 and re2 were dope but they're not legendary status to me. I think part of it had to do with other devs making better games in that series than him. RE4 is better than 2, and dmc3 is better than 1.

RE2 is legendary. lol  Bayonetta 1 & 2 > DMC IV & V.

I liked all Kamiya directed games that I've played, even Okami which gets a lot of hate here. The only game I never really got into was Viewtiful Joe, only played it for like 20 mins. No doubt it's great as well.

What's remarkable about Kamiya is that he has never really made a bad game, everything he touches turns out great. You can't point out to anything and say ''that game was just terrible''. And he has made a lot of new IPs.

I think he should just be left to do whatever the fuck he wants.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Delita said:

Tbh I wouldn't know what an A tier platinum game is. I feel like they all have their sort of problems including Bayonetta. Like those shitty insta death QTE sections

i guess it is the bayonetta series at this point. i just didnt expect the level downtime and busy work astral chain seems to have, huge chunks of it look boring from the footage ive seen.

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I liked all Kamiya directed games that I've played, even Okami which gets a lot of hate here. The only game I never really got into was Viewtiful Joe, only played it for like 20 mins. No doubt it's great as well.

What's remarkable about Kamiya is that he has never really made a bad game, everything he touches turns out great. You can't point out to anything and say ''that game was just terrible''. And he has made a lot of new IPs.

dmc1 is also legendary, it created a sub-genre :ben:

5 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

dmc1 is also legendary, it created a sub-genre :ben:

Yeah trues. But it's not really relevant anymore. 3 is better. 5 is better. I'd say even 4 is better. So while it had its moment it's been far surpassed by other entries 

it's like Wolfebstein > Doom

SMT > Persona

Demons souls > Dark souls

etc

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Delita said:

Yeah trues. But it's not really relevant anymore. 3 is better. 5 is better. I'd say even 4 is better. So while it had its moment it's been far surpassed by other entries 

it's like Wolfebstein > Doom

SMT > Persona

Demons souls > Dark souls

etc

will never agree at all with that lol. subsequent entries do/will have better combat, but none of those games touch dmc1's dark gothic atmosphere/environment and lovingly crafted enemy design. i also dont care for how cringey and anime those games are in tone. i look at the current game and see some kylo ren mf in sandals, reading poetry in battle and all i can think is that series under itsuno has gotten so completely away from me that dmc is just a 1 game franchise to me.

then again im a purist that prefer the first entries in a lot of series, that people swear have been surpassed. i actually do prefer demons souls over all other subsequent entries. same for mgs1, re1, dmc1, pokemon red/blue, etc.

Edited by Quad Damage
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Ramza said:

yeah i agree. DMC1 is still the best action game in my opinion. dude really can work on anything, thats why i was legit sad that scalebound got cancelled, i was seriously interested in that game. :mjcry: 

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

will never agree at all with that lol. subsequent entries do/will have better combat, but none of those games touch dmc1's dark gothic atmosphere/environment and lovingly crafted enemy design. i also dont care for how cringey and anime those games are. i look at the current game and see some kylo ren mf in sandals, reading poetry in battle and all i can think is that series under itsuno has gotten so completely away from me that dmc is just a 1 game franchise to me.

then again im a purist that prefer the first entries in a lot of series, that people swear have been surpassed. i actually do prefer demons souls over all other subsequent entries. same for mgs1, re1, dmc1, pokemon red/blue, etc.

Hmm. Interesting point. Thinking about it I do agree that no entry matches dmc1 in terms of atmosphere or even comes close. But on a purely gameplay perspective what itsuno did with the series was brilliant. That even kamiya copied for Bayonetta. I remember a long time ago you mentioned that weapons in dmc1 had a feeling of weight to them that just isn't present in the sequels. Which I agree.

It's just all the dumb shit he did with the atmosphere, characters  and making it so cheesy that kills it. I hate all of it. It's still fun but it's not where I would have liked the series to go so I see your point

1 hour ago, Delita said:

He only made one game in each of those series and those games were genre defining at release, that's what you Judge it on. 

As another poster pointing out.. DMC1 created a genre....

Now if he made another DMC and it was worse than what other designers made before him... then you would have a point. 

The DMC sequels had the benefit of looking at what he made and building and expanding on top of that and even with all that DMC 1 is still timeless. 

Edited by Goukosan

If Nintendo has been able to resurrect projects like Bayo 2, and now Deadly Premonition 2, what else could they resurrect?

Possibly Clover games?  Tell Capcom that they will handle publishing costs and marketing, give Capcom a cut of the money, and then contract Kamiya to do the development of an Okami 2?

Or Viewtiful joe 3, or Killer7 sequel?