Dreamcast turns 20!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breh, it's still the 8th, why you fucking up my 9/9/99 commemoration thread at midnight! Fucking 19 posts in 13 years and you just come in out of left field with this...      

Soul Calibur Jet Grind Radio Shenmue Crazy Taxi Resident Evil CV Skies of Arcadia Grandia II Countless fighters, Capcom games, arcade games (MvC2, DOA2, Third Strike

some of the best gaming memories I got from this godly machine, I only wish I had online back then to fully experience its greatness 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well given how you talk about the Sega CD and old games it is kind of a shock.

Not really,  SEGA CD is two generation back, at a time when they were leading technology in gaming.   

A majority of 16-bit SEGA owners after getting burned with the SEGA CD, 32X add-ons.  Ditched SEGA to curb and helped established SONY new PlayStation fanbase.  I welcomed PlayStation with opened arms not wanting to mess with anything that was SEGA.  

If you stuck around with SEGA you got burned by Saturn, 

and if you still was a die hard or noob and bought a Dreamcast you got burned again.  

Soul Calibur

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue

Crazy Taxi

Resident Evil CV

Skies of Arcadia

Grandia II

Countless fighters, Capcom games, arcade games (MvC2, DOA2, Third Strike, Garou, Ikaruga)

Best version of PS1 ports

One of the best first party ever

Best graphics at the time, first online console, cheap as fuck pricing. Wow, I sure got burned by the Dreamcast.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Soul Calibur

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue

Crazy Taxi

Resident Evil CV

Skies of Arcadia

Grandia II

Countless fighters, Capcom games, arcade games (MvC2, DOA2, Third Strike, Garou, Ikaruga)

Best version of PS1 ports

One of the best first party ever

Best graphics at the time, first online console, cheap as fuck pricing. Wow, I sure got burned by the Dreamcast.

It was a great console for its time but it's legacy isn't really all that special anymore since almost every game of worth was eventually ported elsewhere

2 hours ago, Delita said:

It was a great console for its time but it's legacy isn't really all that special anymore since almost every game of worth was eventually ported elsewhere

True, and the lack of a second analog stick makes it feel very antiquated. I can barely go back to any old console anyway, even my beloved PS1. 

I bought the PS1 mini and I barely played it. Granted it's trash, has a mediocre selection of games and no dualshock. lol

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

True, and the lack of a second analog stick makes it feel very antiquated. I can barely go back to any old console anyway, even my beloved PS1. 

I bought the PS1 mini and I barely played it. Granted it's trash, has a mediocre selection of games and no dualshock. lol

Weren't some of the games on it even the pal versions in the us? Who the fuck was in charge of that shit haha. Hope he got fired

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Delita said:

Weren't some of the games on it even the pal versions in the us? Who the fuck was in charge of that shit haha. Hope he got fired

It's a fucking mess. Tekken 3 is the pal version so it runs like shit and has FPS drops. You can fix this with a G7 keyboard though apparently since it gives access to the debug menu... Which should have been accessible to anyone with the system.

Shit is garbo, even at $30 CAD I still feel somewhat ripped off. PS1 deserved a better mini version than this. 

32 minutes ago, Delita said:

ouch