DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

It has the best HDR  out there. Its a good looking game without it, but going from my pc to xbox, the xbox looks miles ahead on a HDR display.

Sorry to who played this without HDR. 

With that, its the best looking 60fps console game FACT. And imo the best overall.

11 minutes ago, Vini said:

Not at 60fps tho

doesn't matter. i'll take mindblowing at 30 fps over great at 60 fps. the animations are chunky af, and some interiors looks generic and dull. the water and fire look flat too. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

It has the best HDR  out there. Its a good looking game without it, but going from my pc to xbox, the xbox looks miles ahead on a HDR display.

Sorry to who played this without HDR. 

With that, its the best looking 60fps console game FACT. And imo the best overall.

i'll agree with this 

21 minutes ago, -GD- said:

doesn't matter. i'll take mindblowing at 30 fps over great at 60 fps. the animations are chunky af, and some interiors looks generic and dull. the water and fire look flat too. 

It's debatable but that's DF's claim. 

If Gears 5 is a new standard for the 1x we all know what the best version of RDR2 was, so that means they're saying Gears 5 is a step above RDR2. 

Edited by Vini
10 minutes ago, Vini said:

It's debatable but that's DF's claim. 

If Gears 5 is a new standard for the 1x we all know what the best version of RDR2 was, so that means they're saying Gears 5 is a step above RDR2. 

new standard for 4k/60 fps? sure. however, rdr2 looks a lot better, with a much larger scale. i'll take 30 fps any day, if it means improved visuals. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

new standard for 4k/60 fps? sure. however, rdr2 looks a lot better, with a much larger scale. i'll take 30 fps any day, if it means improved visuals. 

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.

It's partially what makes Control so outstanding.  A lot of shit in Gears just doesn't react to anything.  It can, at times, make it seem artificial.  I'd say though, Gears 5 at it's best looks a hair better than RDR2 at it's best.  And just for fun I tried Gears 5 in HDR on my TV at 8K Ultra and locked it to 30fps.  Needless to say... my jaw was on the fucking floor at how good it looks.

For the next game, they basically need to change how the game controls.  Make the characters feel different and more agile, ect..  as well as make the levels/areas more interactive and destructible.  Gears has tons of combat going on, how fucking cool would it be to have really interactive and destructible environments on the level of Control?? :whew: 

That said.. Gears 5 is easily among the best visuals of the generation.  MS should build The Coalition up into a 2 team powerhouse and have them creating new IPs as well.

• Upvote 1

Gears on next gen will probably be able to do destruction and physics like Control does now. But for now im glad they made it 60fps on console. Idc if I can shoot glass and old hats of of a counter top lmao.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Gears on next gen will probably be able to do destruction and physics like Control does now. But for now im glad they made it 60fps on console. Idc if I can shoot glass and old hats of of a counter top lmao.

lol yea, but it's not really about that though.. it's the feeling of destruction and making things have weight to them.  These weapons should be tearing through stuff, and causing all sorts of physics to happen.  It would take the immersion and visuals to another level.  Also, enemy hit reactions.  They should make it have more weight.

Basically what I would like them to do most though is change the gameplay feel and how it controls.  Get rid of the roadie run and make a proper dash.  Change up how getting into and out of cover feels, as well as change how the camera interacts with the player when shooting from cover.  Give us a the ability to go prone and roll between cover.

I dunno... shit like that.  Do a "Gears take" of those kinds of things.  Change the feel up.  I know they are supposed to be bulky soldiers and shit.. but it's time to give us better control over them.