DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I'd be ok if they ditched the roadie run . I have a feeling the nedr gears will be fully open world . The hubs were just a test .

I can see it.  The open areas in Gears 5 were lacking a bit despite looking beautiful at times.  Proper open world hubs with the levels integrated and fleshed out would be the next step.

48708042443_f184a74bf4_o.gif

48708387866_a03c752dc7_o.gif

10 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I bet gears 6 will be the total refresh the series needs .

Then everyone will hate it because it's not like gears 1 . Damn if you do , damned if you dont .

you will be playing as a locust for diversity. 

what's so fucked up is they completely took JD Fenix out to the point he's replaced by a gay robot for the 3rd player if you play 3 person co-op on XBL.

And the robot can't even fire a fucking gun, he's there for support! :D Imagine getting stuck playing that POS?

So when they said 3-person co-op, they lied just to further their vendetta against white men. :rofl: Sick.

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

For a 60 FPS title nothing comes close, and even a lot of 30 FPS games are threading the needle of obsolescence. 

LOL, no they aren't.

The Uncharted games simply embarass it, and they were already doing  open world areas 2 years ago.

And they have actual physics for the characters and the environments.

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yup it is. Deal with it.

Nice try thinking you could try to push the boundry.

But there's a reason why Digital Foundry was specific with their words "best looking game on Xbox"

:blessed:

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways looks better while achieving double the framerate. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways looks better while achieving double the framerate. 

Sorry, you're not changing the conditions to "multiplayer graphics"

UC4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy straight up look better.

Deal with it.

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yup it is. Deal with it.

Nice try thinking you could try to push the boundry.

But there's a reason why Digital Foundry was specific with their words "best looking game on Xbox"

:blessed:

Nah.  This game looks better than UC4...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  This game looks better than UC4...

Nah, from the amount of interactive objects on screen, the design of the characters, the clothing, Uncharted already them beat.

And that's before I even get to the ARTISTIC design..............at which point this comparison becomes laughable because Uncharted straight-up laps them.

Gear's looks like its based on artistic decisions of people who make movies for the SyFy channel. LOL

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He can't even spell boundary. 

I like how you've run away. Thanks for playing.

Just now, jehurey said:

Nah, from the amount of interactive objects on screen, the design of the characters, the clothing, Uncharted already them beat.

And that's before I even get to the ARTISTIC design..............at which point this comparison becomes laughable because Uncharted straight-up laps them.

Gear's looks like its based on artistic decisions of people who make movies for the SyFy channel. LOL

I like how you've run away. Thanks for playing.

I disagree.  If Gears had more interactive objects, it would just make it that much further ahead than UC4.  

LMAO listing subjective shit like characters..  The Gears characters are way more detailed than Uncharted characters.  Their armor has way more detail.

There's no comparison... Sorry.  UC4 is old.

It's ok though, I forgive you... you haven't played Gears 5 :shrug: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

I disagree.  If Gears had more interactive objects, it would just make it that much further ahead than UC4.  

LMAO listing subjective shit like characters..  The Gears characters are way more detailed than Uncharted characters.  Their armor has way more detail.

There's no comparison... Sorry.  UC4 is old.

It's ok though, I forgive you... you haven't played Gears 5 :shrug: 

LOL, you try to laugh off "subjective shit" and then talk about armor detail.........which nobody gives a shit about the "advancements" of metal armor detail. That's subjective shit.

Your double-standard won't work.

You're trying to dismiss the MANY thing you know you couldn't argue against Uncharted......that won't work either.  In fact, that's a dead giveaway of an admission.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you try to laugh off "subjective shit" and then talk about armor detail.........which nobody gives a shit about the "advancements" of metal armor detail. That's subjective shit.

Your double-standard won't work.

You're trying to dismiss the MANY thing you know you couldn't argue against Uncharted......that won't work either.  In fact, that's a dead giveaway of an admission.

Sure thing Jer. :roll:

Gears 5 looks better... runs 2x as fast... and that's a FACT.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Sure thing Jer. :roll:

Gears 5 looks better... runs 2x as fast... and that's a FACT.

Digital Foundry said that its the best looking game on Xbox.........for a reason.

I didn't force them to say it that way.........don't blame it on me. Take it up with DF.