DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Digital Foundry said that its the best looking game on Xbox.........for a reason.

I didn't force them to say it that way.........don't blame it on me. Take it up with DF.

Probably so that PS fanboys would go a little easier on them for saying that it looks better than Sony FP games.  I mean... have you seen how the Sony PS fanboys have been attacking them about that video regardless?? :tom: 

That tells you all you need to know about why they say Xbox.  PS fans can't accept that Sony games might not having the best graphics.  You're on your way to proving the point for them ITT. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

Just now, Remij_ said:

Probably so that PS fanboys would go a little easier on them for saying that it looks better than Sony FP games.  I mean... have you seen how the Sony PS fanboys have been attacking them about that video regardless?? :tom: 

That tells you all you need to know about why they say Xbox.  PS fans can't accept that Sony games might not having the best graphics.  You're on your way to proving the point for them ITT. 

Nah.......that sounds like some mighty subjective shit you're talking about.

We don't accept any of that 'round here.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nah.......that sounds like some mighty subjective shit you're talking about.

We don't accept any of that 'round here.

Interesting DF says it's the best looking game on Xbox... when RDR2 is also on Xbox... in native 4K.

Who in the WORLD is going to say UC4 looks better than RDR2? 

Yea you lost this one Jer. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Interesting DF says it's the best looking game on Xbox... when RDR2 is also on Xbox... in native 4K.

Who in the WORLD is going to say UC4 looks better than RDR2? 

Yea you lost this one Jer. Sorry.

Trying to change to another strategy Sounds like an admission of failure on the original strategy.

There are people saying that Gears doesn't even look better than RDR2 in this very thread.:drake:

You lost that one before you typed it.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Trying to change to another strategy Sounds like an admission of failure on the original strategy.

There are people saying that Gears doesn't even look better than RDR2 in this very thread.:drake:

You lost that one before you typed it.

Too bad we're talking about DF here and what they said... not what anyone in this thread (at fanboywars.com) is saying....

Damn... so you really tried to change your story from what DF said to what people in this thread have said? 

Hilarious you're trying to do this right after YOU were the one saying that it didn't matter what people said here and that the importance lies in what DF said.

Looks like your plan backfired and now you're running away from it. :mickey: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Too bad we're talking about DF here and what they said... not what anyone in this thread (at fanboywars.com) is saying....

Damn... so you really tried to change your story from what DF said to what people in this thread have said? 

Hilarious you're trying to do this right after YOU were the one saying that it didn't matter what people said here and that the importance lies in what DF said.

Looks like your plan backfired and now you're running away from it. :mickey: 

Little too late to try and copy me. LOL

Don't need to run away from the simple fact that DF said its the best looking game on "Xbox" do I?

You're attempt at logic association with RDR2 didn't work.

Gears 5 is not the best looking console game. You're just going to have to deal with that.

Edited by jehurey
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Little too late to try and copy me. LOL

Don't need to run away from the simple fact that DF said its the best looking game on "Xbox" do I?

You're attempt at logic association with RDR2 didn't work.

Gears 5 is not the best looking console game. You're just going to have to deal with that.

Not copying you.  I'm using your own logic against you.  YOU were the one who said what DF said was the only important thing and that it didn't matter what people here said.  You said there was a reason they said what they said.

So now I pointed out what that means, and now you want to run from that and state "bubut people here are saying differently!!"...   You're now running.

You didn't seriously think I was going to let you get away with that, right?  I mean... I lead you straight into it.

And you're just going to have to deal with the fact that Gears 5 looks better than UC4... and since DF thinks it's the best looking Xbox game... that it just might be better than RDR2... on Xbox.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Not copying you.  I'm using your own logic against you.  YOU were the one who said what DF said was the only important thing and that it didn't matter what people here said.  You said there was a reason they said what they said.

So now I pointed out what that means, and now you want to run from that and state "bubut people here are saying differently!!"...   You're now running.

You didn't seriously think I was going to let you get away with that, right?  I mean... I lead you straight into it.

And you're just going to have to deal with the fact that Gears 5 looks better than UC4... and since DF thinks it's the best looking Xbox game... that it just might be better than RDR2... on Xbox.

Yeah you were.

I said that Digital Foundry specifically used the words "best looking game on Xbox".

You decided to "speculate" on a whole bunch of things that exist outside of Digital Foundry: "fanboy feelings" LOL

Sorry......you're not obfuscating it, you're not clever enough to do it against me.

My argument is very simple........and you don't want to get close to it.  And I notice.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah you were.

I said that Digital Foundry specifically used the words "best looking game on Xbox".

You decided to "speculate" on a whole bunch of things that exist outside of Digital Foundry: "fanboy feelings" LOL

Sorry......you're not obfuscating it, you're not clever enough to do it against me.

My argument is very simple........and you don't want to get close to it.  And I notice.

Sorry.  DF said it... and that implies certain things.  RDR2 is widely considered the best looking game on consoles... the Xbox version that is... and DF says that this is also the best looking game on Xbox.... so it puts it right up there.

And both are considered better than UC4 :mj: 

Your argument was simple... that's why it was easy to defeat.  Naughty Dog is going to have to wait to take the crown back with TLOU2.  Relax.. it's coming soon. :shrug: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Sorry.  DF said it... and that implies certain things.  RDR2 is widely considered the best looking game... on Xbox... and DF says that this is also the best looking game on Xbox.... so it puts it right up there.

........and yet they still only used the term "Xbox"

You're not changing any of that. 

Sorry.........until you have hard confirmation from them that proves otherwise........their WORDS are concrete.

Just now, jehurey said:

........and yet they still only used the term "Xbox"

You're not changing any of that. 

Sorry.........until you have hard confirmation from them that proves otherwise........their WORDS are concrete.

Yea... sorry but RDR2 is also on Xbox.  And it was considered the best looking console game period.

That puts this right up there with RDR2.  Far ahead of UC4. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea... sorry but RDR2 is also on Xbox.  And it was considered the best looking console game period.

Nope.

[taps the sign]

Just now, Remij_ said:

Would you rate UCIV ahead of GoW?

I've spoken before how imo GoW is prob the best looking game imo based purely on how well in conveyed emotion through facial animations. It's Mo cap is unlike anything made so far (I'm sure TLoU2 will destroy it). Unlike any other game it has scenes of silence that are as powerful as anything ever made in games. 

For scope though RDR2 is insane.

Gears5 looks pretty in static environments but it's open landscape for eg is pretty ugly when travelling around compared to what some other games have achieved in the open world scale. Not just RDR2 but ACO. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

I've spoken before how imo GoW is prob the best looking game imo based purely on how well in conveyed emotion through facial animations. It's Mo cap is unlike anything made so far (I'm sure TLoU2 will destroy it). Unlike any other game it has scenes of silence that are as powerful as anything ever made in games. 

Gears5 looks pretty in static environments but it's open landscape for eg is pretty ugly when travelling around compared to what some other games have achieved in the open world scale. Not just RDR2 but ACO. 

I actually might rate UC4 ahead of God of War, because God of War's outlandish design sorta helps compensate if there is no interactive objects, no physics to interact with.

Like that Dark Elf kingdom looks like really nice Stone and Bronze Metal material, but, there's nothing to interact there. Eventually I notice the static-ness of it all.

Nothing looks as good as Kratos and the boy.

UC4 allocates its graphics more evenly all over.

RDR2 has like 6 years of graphics artist making as many unique textures and character models as they can.  I'm sure if you gave Naughty Dog those same conditions, they would meet or exceed that.

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

No.  GoW looks better than UC4, imo.  Not only the little details and animation, but also the fact that there's no camera cuts.  It's technically a superior game in almost every way.  More interesting visuals and vistas too... by far.

ACO sets the standard for just insane amounts of rendering and geometry.  It looks insane at times.  However, I think as far as open world goes, it's hard to beat RDR2 though.  Both games are really beautiful.

Gears 5 looks it's best when you're playing in HDR in a really detailed colorful environment and Jack is zapping enemies and you're up close and personal with them.  Sometimes the amount of shit happening is just surprising.  HDR makes that image pop like crazy... and on PC you have the Ultra textures which in my opinion is the first time an Ultra texture pack as ever made a truly noticeably superior quality.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I actually might rate UC4 ahead of God of War, because God of War's outlandish design sorta helps compensate if there is no interactive objects, no physics to interact with.

Like that Dark Elf kingdom looks like really nice Stone and Bronze Metal material, but, there's nothing to interact there. Eventually I notice the static-ness of it all.

Nothing looks as good as Kratos and the boy.

UC4 allocates its graphics more evenly all over.

RDR2 has like 6 years of graphics artist making as many unique textures and character models as they can.  I'm sure if you gave Naughty Dog those same conditions, they would meet or exceed that.

Oh there is no doubt that Rockstar has the resource advantage over any other studio in the world. RDR2 at one point had a reported 1000 devs working on it across multiple Rockstar studios. No one else can ever match that. But I guess that stuff doesn't really matter when discussing best graphics. It is what it is. 

UCIV definitely has a bit more evenness and a lot more set pieces which look ridiculous but GoW then also has the one shot technique which would've been a crazy restraint. They all do different things well. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.  GoW looks better than UC4, imo.  Not only the little details and animation, but also the fact that there's no camera cuts.  It's technically a superior game in almost every way.  More interesting visuals and vistas too... by far.

ACO sets the standard for just insane amounts of rendering and geometry.  It looks insane at times.  However, I think as far as open world goes, it's hard to beat RDR2 though.  Both games are really beautiful.

Gears 5 looks it's best when you're playing in HDR in a really detailed colorful environment and Jack is zapping enemies and you're up close and personal with them.  Sometimes the amount of shit happening is just surprising.  HDR makes that image pop like crazy... and on PC you have the Ultra textures which in my opinion is the first time an Ultra texture pack as ever made a truly noticeably superior quality.

That is sort of why I don't rate Gears 5 quite as highly as the others tbh. Same with The Order back in the day. Sure it was near photorealitic at the time but the scope and the very specific scenarios where it would be 'the best looking game ever' don't match others which just do it far more consistently and on a larger scale. 

Like for open sections Gears 5 is miles behind others graphically and for big set pieces (say Act 4) it is still significantly behind GoW and even UCIV imo in terms of cinematic gameplay and just how much is happening and the direction of those scenes. Gears has it's moments in those specific scenes you described or when you're just walking through a new environment peacefully.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

That is sort of why I don't rate Gears 5 quite as highly as the others tbh. Same with The Order back in the day. Sure it was near photorealitic at the time but the scope and the very specific scenarios where it would be 'the best looking game ever' don't match others which just do it far more consistently and on a larger scale. 

Like for open sections Gears 5 is miles behind others graphically and for big set pieces (say Act 4) it is still significantly behind GoW and even UCIV imo in terms of cinematic gameplay and just how much is happening and the direction of those scenes. Gears has it's moments in those specific scenes you described or when you're just walking through a new environment peacefully.

I don't see anything special about UC4's driving section either though.  In fact.. it's quite bland and ugly.