DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don't see anything special about UC4's driving section either though.  In fact.. it's quite bland and ugly.

I would say the open world level in UCIV is far better looking than Gears 5, let alone Lost Legacy (which is the newest UC) which has an actual open world level with side missions and secrets and so on. Both of which have far more variety and detail in their environments. Not to mention the intractability of the environments. UC had numerous small and larger things to explore and discover, Gears 5 is the same thing 6 times basically and nearly all are seperated from the actual open world unlike both UCs where enemies, locations and quests where triggered in open world environments. Gears5 open world is basically just an empty hall with different doors in each corner.

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This game looks glorious, this is from a console at 60 FPS... Process that...

48709911221_7c1b134254_o.png

48709910086_fb84b8533b_o.png

48709910441_b30e5eb470_o.png

48710068957_05cec5e216_o.png

That seems easily believable.  Most of those scenes are rather simplistic with rather monotonous lighting.

And I guess that table in the middle of that lobby area has the magic ability to allow reflective light to pass through its left foot while casting no reflection of its own.

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I would say the open world level in UCIV is far better looking than Gears 5, let alone Lost Legacy (which is the newest UC) which has an actual open world level with side missions and secrets and so on. Both of which have far more variety and detail in their environments. Not to mention the intractability of the environments. UC had numerous small and larger things to explore and discover, Gears 5 is the same thing 6 times basically and nearly all are seperated from the actual open world unlike both UCs where enemies, locations and quests where triggered in open world environments. Gears5 open world is basically just an empty hall with different doors in each corner.

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.

I mean.. I'm trying to find good looking pics of the Madagascar area, but I'm not finding them.  Post some great ones, if you can.

pyZEynD.jpg

ikvAq2.jpg

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I was about to echo what Remij just posted, I literally just took this picture from my Pro. Memory is a hell of a thing and rarely accurate.

48710141447_01af96f671_o.png

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Guess you don't have a comment on the second pic.

I do...  I already said I was trying to find some good ones and couldn't find any.  What... you don't think I googled "Uncharted 4 madagascar" and saw all these images already? lmao

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I do...  I already said I was trying to find some good ones and couldn't find any.  What... you don't think I googled "Uncharted 4 madagascar" and saw all these images already? lmao

That photo is definitely good enough.

Quite frankly, you don't have photos of Gears 5 that remotely shows off as much terrain that good.

Flat ice and flat desert just doesn't cut it.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This isn't doing you any favors, all the problems present in both my and Remij's pic are here all the same.

Nope, you simply haven't shown ANY open world photo from Gears 5 that shows off that much terrain.

Not to mention, terrain with any real variety in it.

Sorry, but your attempts at to set your arbitrary conditions simply aren't going to work.

50 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That photo is definitely good enough.

Quite frankly, you don't have photos of Gears 5 that remotely shows off as much terrain that good.

Flat ice and flat desert just doesn't cut it.

gears1080.jpg

bu but mah flat terrain :cry: 

And this is at 2x the framerate :D 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

gears1080.jpg

bu but mah flat terrain :cry: 

And this is at 2x the framerate :D 

It better be, because its probably showing about a 1/6th of the terrain from my UC4 sample :drake:

I predicted this..........the base Xbox One hardware is limiting this game, there's always alot of rock structures covering up at least 1/3 of the screen, because they can't render larger terrain.

Holy shit, what's going on with that boulder on the left? LOL

Edited by jehurey
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It better be, because its probably showing about a 1/6th of the terrain from my UC4 sample :drake:

I predicted this..........the base Xbox One hardware is limiting this game, there's always alot of rock structures covering up at least 1/3 of the screen, because they can't render larger terrain.

Holy shit, what's going on with that boulder on the left? LOL

:mj: 

Those are textures that are probably 2x more detailed than anything in UC4's open world.