DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

I like how he doesn't have a really answer, so he's trying his best to find bad screenshots.

..............that still manage to show off more terrain than Gears.

Love how there's always two hills in a Gears 5 open area that you have to navigate around to see what's behind it. Nice job of them having to hide the limitations in streaming, because the game is inherently gimped by having to have parity with the base Xbox One console.

That same base hardware parity probably explains crowbcat's video, as well.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I like how he doesn't have a really answer, so he's trying his best to find bad screenshots.

..............that still manage to show off more terrain than Gears.

Love how there's always two hills in a Gears 5 open area that you have to navigate around to see what's behind it. Nice job of them having to hide the limitations in streaming, because the game is inherently gimped by having to have parity with the base Xbox One console.

That same base hardware parity probably explains crowbcat's video, as well.

Glad you admit those screenshots are bad. 

Thank you.  You're done. 

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I said you tried.

And yeah, you are done.

I love how a game like Forza Horizon 4 completely SHITS on your premise...

4K 30fps native on X1X

Full day and night cycle

Full 4 season cycle

wcTUPIn.jpg

forzahorizon452c5eii.png

EtmFDrJ.jpg

kU2jzU4.jpg

10-6-2018_4-06-38_pmyfi2c.png

forzahorizon4167ubc2z.png

181013075541206651.png

jKGrsKw.png

43438080900_bd6697ed25_k.jpg

44535692244_48c003ddce_o.jpg

10-6-2018_4-04-39_pmzsfwh.png

45003730841_23619c62f8_k.jpg

45135894002_390c980f19_k.jpg

And yet the game still has micro detail that is unparalleled 

44551183424_8009e3d091_o.png

44551181544_7da9aaa340_o.png

Deformable snow

trees, fences, signs, ect ect all destructible...

So no... Xbox One hardware isn't holding open world games back.  Sorry bud.  You'll lose that argument every time.

Comparison should be to Lost Legacy since that is the latest ND game and all those still shots don't address everything else I mentioned about the scope of both open worlds. I've mentioned just how lacking Gears 5 open world is in actual implementation. It's just an empty bland map with doors in it's corners, while Lost Legacy's (and even UCIV's) have actual levels and enemies and quests built into the open world. Not to mention the interaction with the car and the environment (mud, water, etc) and the actual cinematic moments that happen seemlessly in the open world (like the car about to fall off the cliff, etc). Gears has absolutely none of that. It's Ice map is mostly flat and none of it's level design is layered (going up a hill isn't level design) and the second one is like a race track where you need to go up specific ramps to cross bridges to reach higher ground, unlike lost legacy which is an open world in a forest with multiple routes in and out of every location, all intertwining and actually explorable. Gears is literally bouncing you from corner to corner.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I love how a game like Forza Horizon 4 completely SHITS on your premise...

4K 30fps native on X1X

Full day and night cycle

Full 4 season cycle

wcTUPIn.jpg

forzahorizon452c5eii.png

EtmFDrJ.jpg

kU2jzU4.jpg

10-6-2018_4-06-38_pmyfi2c.png

forzahorizon4167ubc2z.png

181013075541206651.png

jKGrsKw.png

43438080900_bd6697ed25_k.jpg

44535692244_48c003ddce_o.jpg

10-6-2018_4-04-39_pmzsfwh.png

45003730841_23619c62f8_k.jpg

45135894002_390c980f19_k.jpg

And yet the game still has micro detail that is unparalleled 

44551183424_8009e3d091_o.png

44551181544_7da9aaa340_o.png

Deformable snow

trees, fences, signs, ect ect all destructible...

So no... Xbox One hardware isn't holding open world games back.  Sorry bud.  You'll lose that argument every time.

LOL, yup you're definitely done.

Thank you :blessed:

uncharted-the-lost-legacy-chapter-4-coll

That is the open world map and it being actually used in gameplay. Every major building explorable with cinematic moments all seemlessly done into the world, then maps filled with side quests, hidden items, all found in hidden caves, tunnels and locations. All areas of the map accesible from multiple routes. Extremely vertical. Your character and truck interacting with all the foilage, water, mud, etc. There is literally none of that in Gears open maps. None. Locations are blocked by tiny entrances that trigger an arena mode of enemies finished with opening a safe for an upgrade. Then literally 1 side mission in each that pings you to 3 boring locations to fight enemies to get another upgrade. No exploration, nothing interesting in it's map, not interactivity. All the enemies are triggered by walking through the little opening or after you enter. None are present in the actual open world (Like even UCIV has). Could go on and on really.

But yes, Gears 5 in 2019 looks better in a still shot than a 2017 and 2016 game

4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

uncharted-the-lost-legacy-chapter-4-coll

That is the open world map and it being actually used in gameplay. Every major building explorable with cinematic moments all seemlessly done into the world, then maps filled with side quests, hidden items, all found in hidden caves, tunnels and locations. All areas of the map accesible from multiple routes. Extremely vertical. Your character and truck interacting with all the foilage, water, mud, etc. There is literally none of that in Gears open maps. None. Locations are blocked by tiny entrances that trigger an arena mode of enemies finished with opening a safe for an upgrade. Then literally 1 side mission in each that pings you to 3 boring locations to fight enemies to get another upgrade. No exploration, nothing interesting in it's map, not interactivity. All the enemies are triggered by walking through the little opening or after you enter. None are present in the actual open world (Like even UCIV has). Could go on and on really.

But yes, Gears 5 in 2019 looks better in a still shot than a 2017 and 2016 game

Looking back, I definitely think LL and god of war look better than gears 5. I had forgotten how gorgeous they are. 

I agree @Remij_  about fh4’s technical brilliance. I’m more impressed with it than any other msoft title. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ask DynamiteCop, he does it all the time... unless it doesn't fit his narrative... then they're hacks :jonb:

DF said new standard...... for Xbox1X.

That's not at all what I do, I dispute their opinions and personal thoughts, their reflections extrapolated on from the data found; not the data itself.

Case in point when a Switch game analysis is anything but impressive yet they call it impressive because "it's a handheld".

Whatever it is objectively looks like shit relative to every other platform around it running the same game. That's not impressive, that's making exceptions for a platform and removing objectivity.

19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's not at all what I do, I dispute their opinions and personal thoughts, their reflections extrapolated on from the data found; not the data itself.

Case in point when a Switch game analysis is anything but impressive yet they call it impressive because "it's a handheld".

Whatever it is objectively looks like shit relative to every other platform around it running the same game. That's not impressive, that's making exceptions for a platform and removing objectivity.

"That's not at all what I do".... then proceeds to do just that :sabu:

43 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There is no "data" that Gears 5 is the "best looking game on Xbox One"

That statement is, by definition, a subjective opinion.

And you don't dispute that, in fact you accepted it giddily.

Gouko is right, you are just a simple hypocrite.