DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What is a better looking 60 FPS game on consoles?

There isn't one.

So you are saying that ARE better looking games, once we remove your arbitrary conditions.

Thank you. That's what we were saying, as well.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So you are saying that ARE better looking games, once we remove your arbitrary conditions.

Thank you. That's what we were saying, as well.

Of course there are better looking games, but they're few and far between, and to make matters worse they operate at half the refresh rate.

It's not arbitrary, 30 and 60 FPS games have traditionally been quite graphically separated, Gears 5 has closed this gap. Had the game been 30 FPS no one would have questioned the way it looks.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Of course there are better looking games, but they're few and far between, and to make matters worse they operate at half the refresh rate.

It's not arbitrary, 30 and FPS games have traditionally been quite graphically separated, Gears 5 has closed this gap. Had the game been 30 FPS no one would have questioned the way it looks.

We weren't saying that were a whole bunch of better looking games.

Sorry, but your ARBITRARY decision to make framerate a supreme factor............is irrelevant.

We're talking about pure looks.

They are better looking games than Gears 5.

It is arbitrary. I'm pretty sure that if Naughty Dog removes animations and a whole bunch of physics and environmental destruction in their games, they can get it to run at 60fps  57-59fpsas well.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

We weren't saying that were a whole bunch of better looking games.

Sorry, but your ARBITRARY decision to make framerate a supreme factor............is irrelevant.

We're talking about pure looks.

They are better looking games than Gears 5.

It is arbitrary. I'm pretty sure that if Naughty Dog removes animations and a whole bunch of physics and environmental destruction in their games, they can get it to run at 60fps  57-59fpsas well.

Nothing has been removed from Gears 5, it's the same as, better than and more advanced than Gears 4 which was 30 FPS.

19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nothing has been removed from Gears 5, it's the same as, better than and more advanced than Gears 4 which was 30 FPS.

No, it has.

Its been proven.

Let me know when you have evidence to refute it.

39 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it has.

Its been proven.

Let me know when you have evidence to refute it.

You're making the claim that it's lesser than Gears 4 because this is 60 FPS and that was 30 FPS.

That's simply not true, there's no demonstrative difference between the two games with the exception of graphical improvements in 5. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're making the claim that it's lesser than Gears 4 because this is 60 FPS and that was 30 FPS.

That's simply not true, there's no demonstrative difference between the two games with the exception of graphical improvements in 5. 

Sorry, I never said Gears 4.

You already know what I'm talking about, there's no point in you trying to play stupid.

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, I never said Gears 4.

You already know what I'm talking about, there's no point in you trying to play stupid.

Which is weird because none of this "criticism" was ever leveraged at Gears 4 and it's been out for 3 years and functioned the same.. 

Funny how people like you get bent out of shape when a game is good and pushes the envelope from a technical perspective.

"Must nitpick this game, enjoyment level too high, it looks too good to have that framerates on a console, must shit on it!"

:npc:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Which is weird because none of this "criticism" was ever leveraged at Gears 4 and it's been out for 3 years and functioned the same.. 

Funny how people like you get bent out of shape when a game is good and pushes the envelope from a technical perspective.

"Must nitpick this game, enjoyment level too high, it looks too good to have that framerates on a console, must shit on it!"

:npc:

That's probably because Gears 4 was a disappointment in both gameplay and graphics.

Funny how that's IRRELEVANT to the discussion at hand.

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's probably because Gears 4 was a disappointment in both gameplay and graphics.

Funny how that's IRRELEVANT to the discussion at hand.

It was neither actually, being a true to form but safe Gears game doesn't equate to disappointment, also it looked great.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It was neither actually, being a true to form but safe Gears game doesn't equate to disappointment, also it looked great.

And still irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Stalling isn't going to help you.

Jehurey still crying because Gears 5 looks better than Uncharted 4 and runs at 2x the fps :mj: 

Bu but REM it's cause Xbox is holding it back... you can tell how they're hiding stuff so the weak XO can stream in the rest of the levelzz :cry: 

Then FH4 destroys his whole world.  Runs at 1080p on base XO.  You can drive in literally any direction... at speeds far greater than any 3rd person game, meaning the game has to actually stream in data much faster... ton's of physics and destructible elements to the environment, cars can be damaged... 4 completely different seasons... full day/night cycle... rain and snow weather effects... 

I mean holy fuck :D 

Sorry but UC4 is old news.  You PS fanboys wont have to wait long though... TLOU2 will soundly rape Gears 5 in visuals. :shrug:

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Then FH4 destroys his whole world.  Runs at 1080p on base XO.  You can drive in literally any direction... at speeds far greater than any 3rd person game, meaning the game has to actually stream in data much faster... ton's of physics and destructible elements to the environment, cars can be damaged... 4 completely different seasons... full day/night cycle... rain and snow weather effects... 

At 60fps on base Xbox One hardware?

You do know that if it isn't 60fps.............you just completely undermined your OWN argument, and bolstered mines, right?

I just saw some footage of FH4 in a Scotland level with gravel roads, and there appeared to be absolutely no change in the gravel road texture as multiple cars drove over it while kicking up alot of dust.

Is that the physics and destructible environments you are describing?