DF: Gears 5. Best looking console game ever

39 minutes ago, jehurey said:

At 60fps on base Xbox One hardware?

You do know that if it isn't 60fps.............you just completely undermined your OWN argument, and bolstered mines, right?

I just saw some footage of FH4 in a Scotland level with gravel roads, and there appeared to be absolutely no change in the gravel road texture as multiple cars drove over it while kicking up alot of dust.

Is that the physics and destructible environments you are describing?

No.. 1080p at 30... you know.. the same as UC4 on PS4.  

You claimed the OG XO was the reason for Gears 5's open world apparently hiding detail that UC4 abundantly has because it has to stream in the level.  I destroyed that premise because FH4 does it... all while looking better than UC4... and actually moving faster than UC4... with more physics than UC4... and more everything.  So no.. the XO wasn't holding anything back in Gears.

Oh, you just saw some footage did you?

:rofls: 

ZanyHelplessBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

DamagedPersonalBalloonfish-size_restrict

LavishMistyFawn-max-14mb.gif

MiserlyFaroffCrocodile-size_restricted.g

LMAO Jerry :smilecry: 

And no... that's not the destruction I meant... you can destroy trees, fences, rocks and all sorts of other props decorating the landscape. 

Try again :glad: 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh.  Gears looks amazing.  RDR2 does too though.  IMO the thing that holds Gears back is just how interactive it's world is (isn't) compared to other games.   It's partially what makes Contr

Go look at Uncharted 4's multiplayer at 60 FPS, who cares about the resolution, go look at the game. Gears 5 has made from what I can tell zero graphical concessions from Gears 4, and in many ways loo

Eh.  I think you're thinking UC4 looks better than it actually does in those sections.  Sorry, but foliage doesn't impress me.  UC4's open area is bland.   I mean.. I'm trying to find good l

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

No.. 1080p at 30... you know.. the same as UC4 on PS4.  

You claimed the OG XO was the reason for Gears 5's open world apparently hiding detail that UC4 abundantly has because it has to stream in the level.  I destroyed that premise because FH4 does it... all while looking better than UC4... and actually moving faster than UC4... with more physics than UC4... and more everything.  So no.. the XO wasn't holding anything back in Gears.

Oh, you just saw some footage did you?

:rofls: 

ZanyHelplessBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

DamagedPersonalBalloonfish-size_restrict

LavishMistyFawn-max-14mb.gif

MiserlyFaroffCrocodile-size_restricted.g

LMAO Jerry :smilecry: 

No, I saw footage of crappy physics when running over street signs and stone walls in Scotland, it didn't look like very good physics at all.

And since you are omitting footage from the Scotland level, I take it that you do know that there are no physics on that gravel road. These levels also feature alot of repeatable object, I saw so many houses that looked the same in the Edinburgh level.

And there's no actual characters with A.I. , in Uncharted there's multiple people sitting in the main vehicle.

And that snow/swamp marsh/mud looks really rudimentary compared to UC4.

Look how much more precise the tires are creating formations into the mud and compare it to low poly formations in Forza Horizon.

And also notice how the entire visual just looks much more cinematic and cohesive.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, I saw footage of crappy physics when running over street signs and stone walls in Scotland, it didn't look like very good physics at all.

And since you are omitting footage from the Scotland level, I take it that you do know that there are no physics on that gravel road. These levels also feature alot of repeatable object, I saw so many houses that looked the same in the Edinburgh level.

And there's no actual characters with A.I. , in Uncharted there's multiple people sitting in the main vehicle.

There's only up to 72 players online in that world at any given time... and races with 12 cars... all deforming and impacting the terrain and causing destruction.  :tom: 

oh yea... Playground Games just turned off all the physics and everything for that Scotland area... sure thing Jer :roll: 

You're trying so hard... and failing.  Keep it up.. participation awards are just as meaningful as winning. :fblike: 

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Look how much more precise the tires are creating formations into the mud and compare it to low poly formations in Forza Horizon.

And also notice how the entire visual just looks much more cinematic and cohesive.

:cruise: 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

There's only up to 72 players online in that world at any given time... and races with 12 cars... all deforming and impacting the terrain and causing destruction.  :tom: 

oh yea... Playground Games just turned off all the physics and everything for that Scotland area... sure thing Jer :roll: 

You're trying so hard... and failing.  Keep it up.. participation awards are just as meaningful as winning. :fblike: 

You can see it for yourself right here after the 5:00 mark.

Also notice at 7:20 they drive over a perfect Scottish field and there's absolutely nothing going on in that grass.

Seems like they only put deformity in certain elements and not others.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Gears 5 finally looks like a top tier current gen game so lemmings are overreacting and finally happy. Has a lot to do with Gears 4 being nowhere as impressive for its time as the OG trilogy for the 36o for its time.

Seems like its the haters overreacting 

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

I always forget how amazing Uncharted 4 looks. :bow: The game came out over three years and still blows away most games released today.