DF - Navi RDNA Vs GCN architectures

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

RDOA :mj: 

RTX. IT'S ON. :majestic:

$1199 vs $449    

You already know you made a bad investment. 

what do you think of Gears 5 ?    I forgot I had bought Gears 4 on Xbox One years ago and played like 10% and never finished the game.     I finally activated my Xbox Game Pass for PC,  Gears 5 looks dope, but I'm noticing at times the FPS counter goes away, did they neatly embed CG in the game with the real-time shots?

Edited by The Mother Fucker
Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

$1199 vs $449    

You already know you made a bad investment. 

what do you think of Gears 5 ?    I forgot I had bought Gears 4 on Xbox One years ago and played like 10% and never finished the game.     I finally activated my Xbox Game Pass for PC,  Gears 5 looks dope, but I'm noticing at times the FPS counter goes away, did they neatly embed CG in the game with the real-time shots?

:cosby2: 

I have the best GPU available and the best RT GPU available.  If I don't want to upgrade, I don't have to.  Anyone who buys a 5700XT is going to have to spend another $500+ for a RT capable GPU if they want RT in a year when the new consoles come out.

That 5700 series GPU is actually what's a bad investment.  It's last gen tech.  It's going to be useless in the near future. :shrug: 

Anyway, Gears 5 is great.  I'm really enjoying the game... but just like most other games, it's got some issues.  I'll make a post when I finally finish it.  

And nah.. everything is real time.  The only thing that isn't is the opening credits scene before the game starts.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

I have the best GPU available and the best RT GPU available.  If I don't want to upgrade, I don't have to.  Anyone who buys a 5700XT is going to have to spend another $500+ for a RT capable GPU if they want RT in a year when the new consoles come out.

That 5700 series GPU is actually what's a bad investment.  It's last gen tech.  It's going to be useless in the near future. :shrug: 

Anyway, Gears 5 is great.  I'm really enjoying the game... but just like most other games, it's got some issues.  I'll make a post when I finally finish it.  

And nah.. everything is real time.  The only thing that isn't is the opening credits scene before the game starts.

oh then, this game is dope, that scene with JD Fenix sparing with Fahz the quality looked next GEN.  I'm running everything on ULTRA quality, AMD Freesync 144Hz, Enhanced Sync enabled. 

5700 XT series is not last gen, it's the future for next gen consoles.  

5 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

oh then, this game is dope, that scene with JD Fenix sparing with Fahz the quality looked next GEN.  I'm running everything on ULTRA quality, AMD Freesync 144Hz, Enhanced Sync enabled. 

5700 XT series is not last gen, it's the future for next gen consoles.  

If only it had them RT cores :face: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If only it had them RT cores :face: 

It don't need it.  I saw the screenshots of Control and you got to admit they overdone the reflections, it looks unrealistic.  Look around you, and then look at Control, do you see everything reflecting like it does in a pro-Ray-Traycing enabled game like Control.  

It's not like non-ray traycing games don't already use some form of reflections.   I was playing The DIvision 2 and I noticed there's nice normal amount of light reflection and mirroring.    I think Nvidia has stumbled on a slight nitch which AMD is going to easily get around through software.  MMW

Edited by The Mother Fucker
Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

It don't need it.  I saw the screenshots of Control and you got to admit they overdone the reflections, it looks unrealistic.  Look around you, and then look at Control, do you see everything reflecting like it does in a pro-Ray-Traycing enabled game like Control.  

It's not like non-ray traycing don't already use some form of reflections.   I was playing The DIvision 2 and I noticed there's nice normal amount of light reflection and mirroring.    I think Nvidia has stumbled on a slight nitch which AMD is going to easily get around through software.  MMW

lol nah man.