Gamespot's Gears 5 score is final - 7

7 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

:Dso people have to be 'strong' during this, the worst drought in gaming history? why would anyone do that instead of just gong where the games are? lmdfao

10 years isn’t long. It’s only a third of the time most of us have been alive :| 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 years isn’t long. It’s only a third of the time most of us have been alive  

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/gears-5-review-a-beneficial-mutation/1900-6417287/     i know deeno was praying for a miracle score bump

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Giantbomb's review still to go up (they haven't been too hot on it) and then the notoriously tough review of Edge. This could still end up at 84

They're not reviewing it, if they ever do a quick look they're not reviewing the game.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're not reviewing it

Right, because they don't do reviews anymore. They haven't reviewed a game since Anthem.

if they ever do a quick look they're not reviewing the game.

Where did you hear that? It takes two seconds to see it's wrong, but I'm just curious.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Have they completely stopped doing reviews?

I don't think so. They were talking about not getting a review copy of Borderlands 3 on their podcast.

I meant like they do fuck all for reviews rather than they officially stopped or anything. Easy to bet against a review when they've done two in the last ten months.

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Right, because they don't do reviews anymore. They haven't reviewed a game since Anthem.

Where did you hear that? It takes two seconds to see it's wrong, but I'm just curious.

For every game they've ever done a quick look (that I've seen) there's never been a review for it. 

For every game they've ever done a quick look (that I've seen) there's never been a review for it. 

lol that's easily untrue.

You already implying that you haven't seen the vast majority of quicklooks, but you figure you had enough knowledge to come to the conclusion that they've NEVER reviewed a game that they've done a quicklook for?

They review major games like the biggest shooters (that fall within Gerstmann's predictable taste), the biggest first-party exclusives. You don't think Giantbomb has done quick looks of those games?

Edited by jehurey
39 minutes ago, jehurey said:

lol that's easily untrue.

You already implying that you haven't seen the vast majority of quicklooks, but you figure you had enough knowledge to come to the conclusion that they've NEVER reviewed a game that they've done a quicklook for?

They review major games like the biggest shooters (that fall within Gerstmann's predictable taste), the biggest first-party exclusives. You don't think Giantbomb has done quick looks of those games?

I'm not seeing a lot of examples, did they review Gears 5? Nope, they did a quick look for it, did they review Control? Nope they did a quick look for it. I've seen this in like 20+ other instances checking their site to see where a game review was just to find a quick look in its place and a review never taking place. 

That seems to be exactly what they do, they still want to cover something but don't bother to put a review together so they do a quick look. 

IbmUlDZ.png

17ImR8B.png

8gt98dE.png

Bo0EMR8.png

aTVNSDm.png

mHbUbc3.png

Edited by DynamiteCop!
7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not seeing a lot of examples, did they review Gears 5? Nope, they did a quick look for it, did they review Control? Nope they did a quick look for it. I've seen this in like 20+ other instances checking their site to see where a game review was just to find a quick look in its place and a review never taking place. 

That seems to be exactly what they do, they still want to cover something but don't bother to put a review together so they do a quick look. 

They reviewed Anthem.

here's the quicklook

They reviewed Crackdown 3

Here's the quick look

They reviewed Hitman 2

Here's the quick look

Tetris Effect

RDR2

You literally have absolutely NO BASIS to reach the conclusion you just reached. Its not remotely close to true.

You honestly think Giantbomb didn't do quick looks of major games like RDR2?

Just now, jehurey said:

They reviewed Anthem.

here's the quicklook

They reviewed Crackdown 3

Here's the quick look

They reviewed Hitman 2

Here's the quick look

Tetris Effect

RDR2

You literally have absolutely NO BASIS to reach the conclusion you just reached. Its not remotely close to true.

You honestly think Giantbomb didn't do quick looks of major games like RDR2?

Well then the reality is they just have a fucked format with no consistency because in most cases of a Quick Look no actual review is produced. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Well then the reality is they just have a fucked format with no consistency because in most cases of a Quick Look no actual review is produced. 

The reality is that you made up completely bullshit logic.

EVERY REVIEW from the past year has had a quick look.

You have no absolutely no pattern here to base your conclusion................you just made it up, wholesale.

You're hoping there's no review, because you know damn well Gerstmann is going to give 3/5, he's basically said as much in this weeks podcast.

• Remij locked this topic