Gamespot's Gears 5 score is final - 7

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 years isn’t long. It’s only a third of the time most of us have been alive  

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/gears-5-review-a-beneficial-mutation/1900-6417287/     i know deeno was praying for a miracle score bump

Posted Images

The open worl isn't an open world . It's a hub area that takes literally minutes or less to get to the next poi .

It's not padding, it's a break of pace . 

Edited by JONBpc
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yeah you did.

You specifically said that here:

You didn't deny..........you specifically confirmed it and said it was a POSITIVE.

No, its not like Uncharted 4, because they made a comparison to other recent open world games.

Gerstmann said it was along the lines of Mafia 2, and I know that world is empty.

The Uncharted games have enemies, multiple locations, buildings to enter, gameplay scenarios in that open world. Nothing indicates that Gears 5 has that.

If so..........show me video of it.

And no...........people aren't going to like an EMPTY OPEN WORLD because of a meta score.

The meta score doesn't make that open world any less emptier. That's a terrible excuse. That's almost Dynocrap bad.

Like I said, the meta score is assisted by complete no-name websites giving it high scores............you're using that as your argument?

It almost seems like you don't want to talk about the open world to.............defend the open world.

We're done Jerry.  Get a life mate.

Just now, JONBpc said:

The open worl isn't an open world . It's a hub area that takes literally minutes or less to get to the next poi .

It makes the world feel more believable, you don't just jump from location to location, you're in a specific area that you need to visit multiple areas in and traversal of the hub world is a part of that. It all makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

So its a gimmick gameplay element.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It makes the world feel more believable, you don't just jump from location to location, you're in a specific area that you need to visit multiple areas in and traversal of the hub world is a part of that. It all makes perfect sense.

It makes perfect sense that in a world with warring factions...........there would be a big empty area with nothing to do in between linearly-designed locations?

Okay. Hey, at least these are more-concrete explanations I'm hearing now.

Just now, jehurey said:

It makes perfect sense that in a world with warring factions...........there would be a big empty area with nothing to do in between linearly-designed locations?

It's not as big as you think it is, the whole area is maybe a few miles in length with a 1/2 mile in width at any given point with locations and things to do scattered all around it. If you travel for 30 seconds you're going to find a place to do something or get into a confrontation. 

It's not empty, it's structured. If you got attacked traveling all over this place people would bitch. 

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Thanks for admitting you can't defend what you just claimed.

I'd cut my losses short, as well.

In your opinion

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So its a gimmick gameplay element.

In your opinion

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

In your opinion

85 Meta  :juggle: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

In your opinion

In your opinion

In your opinion

85 Meta  :juggle: 

And somebody else opinion carries more weight than yours.

And so does Gamespot, which reconfirmed their score a second time.

And the meta score is propped up with no-name review websites, which would result in a lower score if they were removed.

All these things are true.

Thank you.:yeshrug:

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

And somebody else opinion carries more weight than yours.

And so Gamespot, which reconfirmed their score a second time.

And the meta score is propped up with no-name review websites, which would result in a lower score if they were removed.

All these things are true.

Thank you.:yeshrug:

You want to use meta... then you have to deal with the realities of meta.  Stop being a whiny bitch about it :cruise: 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not as big as you think it is, the whole area is maybe a few miles in length with a 1/2 mile in width at any given point with locations and things to do scattered all around it. If you travel for 30 seconds you're going to find a place to do something or get into a confrontation. 

It's not empty, it's structured. If you got attacked traveling all over this place people would bitch. 

Do something.

Like what? Give me an example.

Every 30 seconds, so after playing for a few hours.........how many instances would you have found something in the open area? Like 40, 60 times?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The irony being Gears 5 has a no name reviewer behind it on GameSpot :kaz:

Which is why I initially brought up one who probably has more credibility than anybody in that industry.

The irony is that you still whined about it..............which means that you aren't seeking to argue based on merit, but rather fanboyism.

And well.........duh, that's exactly what I was going to nail you guys on.

• Remij locked this topic