Gamespot's Gears 5 score is final - 7

Just now, Remij_ said:

What does that matter?

Again... that's YOUR opinion... which I may add... is worthless :rofls: 

You're the one that MADE it a point of contention.

Not me.

I'll ask again...............are you done discussing the subject of Jeff Gerstmann?

Yes or No?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 years isn’t long. It’s only a third of the time most of us have been alive  

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/gears-5-review-a-beneficial-mutation/1900-6417287/     i know deeno was praying for a miracle score bump

Posted Images

Just now, jehurey said:

You're the one that MADE it a point of contention.

Not me.

I'll ask again...............are you done discussing the subject of Jeff Gerstmann?

Yes or No?

There's always a point of contention.  I disagree with Jeff.

Anything else besides you hoping and praying that Jeff reviews the game badly so it drops a meaningless score?

:rofls: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'll finish up when Jeff finishes the game :rofls: 

That's alot of popcorn for me.

giphy.gif

I think I remember saying that I don't want you to stop what you are currently doing right now. So, carry on.

Just now, Remij_ said:

There's always a point of contention.  I disagree with Jeff.

Anything else besides you hoping and praying that Jeff reviews the game badly so it drops a meaningless score?

Okay..........disagreement is usually followed by a counter-argument.

And that counter-argument is usually followed with proof of evidence that supports your side of the argument.

Let me know when you can do that against Gerstmann's claims about Gears 5 having an empty open world, the secondary missions are sparse, and they purposely spread out upgrades across multiple missions, which he claims is their attempt at PADDING out the game.

Let me know when you want to get back onto those subjects.

Just now, jehurey said:

That's alot of popcorn for me.

giphy.gif

I think I remember saying that I don't want you to stop what you are currently doing right now. So, carry on.

That might be a neverending amount of popcorn for you... :rofls: 

Giant Quick Looks :tom: 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Okay..........disagreement is usually followed by a counter-argument.

And that counter-argument is usually followed with proof of evidence that supports your side of the argument.

Let me know when you can do that against Gerstmann's claims about Gears 5 having an empty open world, the secondary missions are sparse, and they purposely spread out upgrades across multiple missions, which he claims is their attempt at PADDING out the game.

Let me know when you want to get back onto those subjects.

I love all that stuff about the game.

Anything else besides you hoping that a game reviewer reviews a game so it can lower a score that means nothing? :wonder: 

So he's right about those things.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............that means that the person you just tried to say has NO CREDIBILITY...........was correct on what he said?

So you just lost that entire argument.

Thank you.

Just now, jehurey said:

So he's right about those things.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............that means that the person you just tried to say has NO CREDIBILITY...........was correct on what he said?

So you just lost that entire argument.

Thank you.

No.  He's not right in that those things are negatives.

He sounds like someone that was expecting something different that what he got... and that he didn't like that he put himself through OPTIONAL content instead of just moving on.

Who in the world thought that Gears 5's open world sections would be like an Assassin's creed with tons of points of interest?  LMAO...

The irony being of course that There's more side content which is actually meaningful in Gears 5 than there is in Uncharted 4's open world chapter.

So do you really not have anything else?  I mean, besides you hoping that Jeff reviews the game so that meaningless score drops down a point? :drake: 

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love what your current goal is, at this point. lol

giphy.gif

That's exactly how I suspect you looked like as you were listening to your hero Jeff on the Giant Bombcast while he was talking about Gears 5.  Thinking... Oh man.. I can't wait to go to System Wars and bring this up!!!

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.  He's not right in that those things are negatives.

Pretty sure most people would consider

-Empty open world

-An open world with sparse secondary missions

-Upgrades suddenly requiring multiple side-missions to be completed in order to get one upgrade, and therefore seen as "Padding"

..........to be considered negatives.  I'm fairly certain I'm not sticking my neck out in declaring that.

Hey...............if you want to say to this forum "GUYS, I think open worlds that have little to no things in them are fantastic"

Go right ahead, hoss. Part of me actually wants to see you type those words out. :tom:

That's exactly how I suspect you looked like as you were listening to your hero Jeff on the Giant Bombcast while he was talking about Gears 5.  Thinking... Oh man.. I can't wait to go to System Wars and bring this up!!!

Mmmhmm. So that's what you're currently doing at the moment.:reg:

Just now, jehurey said:

Pretty sure most people would consider

-Empty open world

-An open world with sparse secondary missions

-Upgrades suddenly requiring multiple side-missions to be completed in order to get one upgrade, and therefore seen as "Padding"

..........to be considered negatives.  I'm fairly certain I'm not sticking my neck out in declaring that.

Hey...............if you want to say to this forum "GUYS, I think open worlds that have little to no things in them are fantastic"

Go right ahead, hoss. Part of me actually wants to see you type those words out. :tom:

I explained it above.  I'm fairly certain an 85 game is a good game Jer.  Certain people had their expectations in check, others.. like Gerstmann (who hasn't even finished the game) most certainly didn't.  Can't win them all.

So do you really not have anything else?  I mean, besides you hoping that Jeff reviews the game so that meaningless score drops down a point?  I mean... REALLY Jer.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I explained it above.  I'm fairly certain an 85 game is a good game Jer.  Certain people had their expectations in check, others.. like Gerstmann (who hasn't even finished the game) most certainly didn't.  Can't win them all.

So do you really not have anything else?  I mean, besides you hoping that Jeff reviews the game so that meaningless score drops down a point?  I mean... REALLY Jer.

So you are saying that an open world game with NOTHING in it.........is okay, if the developer tells you ahead of time "we're adding an open world game.........with nothing in it"

Is that what happened in this case?

That's what you're saying?

And you think that the average gamer, when seeing an open world.........would not be underwhelmed if they discovered that it has nothing in it?

That's (also) what you are saying?

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So you are saying that an open world game with NOTHING in it.........is okay, if the developer tells you ahead of time "we're adding an open world game.........with nothing in it"

Is that what happened in this case?

That's what you're saying?

And you think that the average gamer, when seeing an open world.........would not be underwhelmed if they discovered that it has nothing in it?

That's (also) what you are saying?

Did I say that?

No... the open world levels don't "have nothing"... they have 3-4 side missions to find abilities and materials to upgrade the robot which helps in combat.  It's not an Assassin's creed map.

Saying there's nothing in it is retarded.  It's not an "open world" in the sense that those games are... it's MUCH like Uncharted 4.  To say it's any different and worse because of it is bullshit.  You're holding it to different standards just because you can.  Go back and play UC4's madagascar level and ask yourself why the fuck I had to drive to that stupid spot and winch my jeep 5 fucking times when they could have just started me at the point of interest....

It's bullshit.  Gears 5 has 2 acts which are big areas with different points.. .some containing collectibles and upgrades, others advancing the story with traditional Gears levels.  They aren't open world games in themselves... they are simply big areas.

So no... I wouldn't expect the average gamer to be underwhelmed... because quite frankly.. the game is an 85 meta if you haven't noticed.  It's a great game... and outliers like Gerstmann who obviously expected something different... are what they are. :shrug: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Did I say that?

No... the open world level doesn't "have nothing"... it has 3-4 side missions to find abilities and materials to upgrade the robot which helps in combat.  It's not an Assassin's creed map.

Saying there's nothing in it is retarded.  It's not an "open world" in the sense that those games are... it's MUCH like Uncharted 4.  To say it's any different and worse because of it is bullshit.  You're holding it to different standards just because you can.  Go back and play UC4's madagascar level and ask yourself why the fuck I had to drive to that stupid spot and winch my jeep 5 fucking times when they could have just started me at the point of interest....

It's bullshit.  Gears 5 has 2 acts which are big areas with different points.. .some containing collectibles and upgrades, others advancing the story with traditional Gears levels.  They aren't open world games in themselves... they are simply big areas.

So no... I wouldn't expect the average gamer to be underwhelmed... because quite frankly.. the game is an 85 meta if you haven't noticed.  It's a great game... and outliers like Gerstmann who obviously expected something different... are what they are. :shrug: 

Yeah you did.

You specifically said that here:

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You didn't deny..........you specifically confirmed it and said it was a POSITIVE.

No, its not like Uncharted 4, because they made a comparison to other recent open world games.

Gerstmann said it was along the lines of Mafia 2, and I know that world is empty.

The Uncharted games have enemies, multiple locations, buildings to enter, gameplay scenarios in that open world. Nothing indicates that Gears 5 has that.

If so..........show me video of it.

And no...........people aren't going to like an EMPTY OPEN WORLD because of a meta score.

The meta score doesn't make that open world any less emptier. That's a terrible excuse. That's almost Dynocrap bad.

Like I said, the meta score is assisted by complete no-name websites giving it high scores............you're using that as your argument?

It almost seems like you don't want to talk about the open world to.............defend the open world.

• Remij locked this topic