Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quad Damage

Gamespot's Gears 5 score is final - 7

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not even sweating it, beat it last night and it's probably the best game in the series. 

So the entire Gears franchise is considered 7.0 by today's standards? Actually all other Gears games would be "below 7" in terms of today's standards.

 

That's not good news for the future of the franchise. Low bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

So the entire Gears franchise is considered 7.0 by today's standards? Actually all other Gears games would be "below 7" in terms of today's standards.

 

That's not good news for the future of the franchise. Low bar.

If you live in a vacuum and you listen to one publication with one random unknown reviewer no one has ever heard of. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If you live in a vacuum and you listen to one publication with one random unknown reviewer no one has ever heard of. 

 

 

 

 

So if there were a meta data website that collected all reviews, and then compared it to the meta data of previous games to see if there's a noticeable trend in review score dropping..........then it would be pretty concrete that the series is in fact, trending downwards.

 

I wonder if that is happening.:patrice:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not even sweating it

 

23 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Game is sitting at an 86.94 on Metacritic, one more 88+ review and it will be at an 87/100. 

 

 

 

Prays for another 88+ review score... doesnt get it.. game drops to 85:rawf:

 

I'm not sweating it :awww:

Screenshot_20190911-132030_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not even sweating it, beat it last night and it's probably the best game in the series. 

Literally the worst game in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gears 1 was passable because it had very little competition at the time.

 

Gears 2 they tried much harder and it was ok though a little bit repetitive

 

By the time Gears 3 came around, the franchise felt incredibly stale.

 

Nobody cared about Judgement or 4.

 

The idea of considering Gears a flagship franchise in 2019 is laughable. It should have been put to bed years ago.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×