Yakuza: Like a Dragon has summons, kart racing, PachiSlot, and more

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon-Details-Fami_09-11-

Summons

By paying money on your smartphone in battle, you can summon help. A large number of characters can be summoned, including Gary Buster Holmes, Gonda Wara, a crayfish, and more. Summons can support you in battle through attack, recovery, and more.
Play Spots
  • Dragon Kart – A racing game set on a course in the streets of Yokosuka. Pick up boxes to obtain weapons like a rocket launcher or Gatling gun.
  • Traditional Movie Theater – Ichiban Kasuga always falls asleep in the middle of a movie. This is a button-pressing (rhythm game?) where Kasuga battles the temptation of a sheep man in order to overcome that sleepiness.
58 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yakuza is awesome, and this already looks to have more fun gameplay than Death Stranding.

I think Death Stranding gameplay looks waaaay better. :glad:  yakuzo snoozo :mj: 

10 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

I think pretty much every Yakuza game outscored Gays5.

Who fucking cares?

How many more of these fucking games are they going to make that take place in the exact same area, with the same fucking gameplay loop?

Oh you have some new mini games?  WOWO Yakushit 8!!!

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Who fucking cares?

How many more of these fucking games are they going to make that take place in the exact same area, with the same fucking gameplay loop?

Oh you have some new mini games?  WOWO Yakushit 8!!!

do changes get any more significant than what Yakuza: Like a Dragon is doing? New JRPG combat system. That's a hell of a bigger change than Gays5 open world areas filled with nothing.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

do changes get any more significant than what Yakuza: Like a Dragon is doing? New JRPG combat system. That's a hell of a bigger change than Gays5 open world areas filled with nothing.

After 7 games in 2 years... now you pick commands from a menu :drake:

3 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

how is judgment?

It's good but the detective minigames doesn't really add much to the typical Yakuza formula. Don't play it if you are experiencing series fatigue.

Also the minigames looked great on paper, like the House of the Dead inspired arcade game but it actually sucks. A lot of them do, the good ones like Virtua Fighter 5 are all borrowed from Yakuza 6.

I didn't beat the game so I can't say if the story is great all the way through or not, I enjoyed what I've seen though, a lot actually.

And imo the combat is at it's worst it has been in quite some time. The wall moves doesn't add much, it feels clunky too.

Overall it's a solid game but not a great one. I'd recommend Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1/2 over it. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

It's good but the detective minigames doesn't really add much to the typical Yakuza formula. Don't play it if you are experiencing series fatigue.

Also the minigames looked great on paper, like the House of the Dead inspired arcade game but it actually sucks. A lot of them do, the good ones like Virtua Fighter 5 are all borrowed from Yakuza 6.

I didn't beat the game so I can't say if the story is great all the way through or not, I enjoyed what I've seen though, a lot actually.

And imo the combat is at it's worst it has been in quite some time. The wall moves doesn't add much, it feels clunky too.

Overall it's a solid game but not a great one. I'd recommend Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1/2 over it. 

How much did you play? Its my 2nd favorite game this year. When the story ramps up later on it rarely slows down, shit has some of my favorite story moments in any Yakuza game. The characters are all fantastic too.

Edited by Twinblade