Death Stranding gameplay (doubting mastermind Kojima :mj:)

34 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Meh, Idk how I feel about this. The boss battle looked interesting, so was the part when he stole a truck at the base but the rest looks like mundane tasks. Carrying shit: the game. 

Seems really slow paced. MGSV in comparison was much faster paced in gameplay. Only a few downtimes and collecting resources was fast and snappy. It never really got boring, at least to me.

I like that it looks slower paced. Realism should be further expanded rather than always sacrificed for gameplay purposes. That said the gameplay shown looks amazing to me and there wasn't even much of it.

The mundane tasks seem bland and I get people hating on it but I'm sure you can easily skip most of it and keep it to a minimum. I think even the walking sim part isn't nearly as bad if you just want to play the main story. 

We'll see, I just love the setting, everything looks dark and hopeless. And I want to find out what's up with everything. The dimensional shit, invisible creatures, the baby, mikkelson with his dead army. I'm hyped as fuck :glad: 

:juggle::juggle:

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gameplay Stranding Kaz losing his mind itt   The "game" looks like shit, like a MGS5 in test phase -subordinate-san: "Kojima-san, we got the map ready and the character can walk"

Go play a game of lucky hit in Shenmue.

This looks like a straight to DVD release movie

I’m interested. Looks like Kojima is leaning more heavily into the sandbox. Physics based gameplay, loadouts fundamentally changing your approach and gameplay, survivalist mechanics and the variety of tools. All while needing to account for elements like the weather, monsters and human NPCs. And then you have the strand system which if it comes together like suggested will let the players fundamentally reshape the world. We also know that there is a significant gameplay scenario involving dying to be in there

I also appreciate that even the moment to moment walking and hiking need some consideration. In MGS5 it was really just empty space between bases so if they can make hiking and climbing engaging then I’m down for it 

I much prefer an open world that thrives off the depth of its mechanics and gameplay systems to create unique scenarios like BOTW than the Rockstar style funnelling you from linear mission to linear side quest ad nauseum

If the mechanics come together as well as MGS5 it will be something special but it will need a much better story

Edited by Voidler
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

LMAO did you just say 5 had a memorable story? That’s a funny joke. That’s easily the worst game in the series, even 4 shits on it.

I didn't want to say that, not for MGSV at least,, I was talking in general. 1, 2, 3 all had great stories.

13 hours ago, bhytre said:

Gameplay Stranding :mj:

Kaz losing his mind itt :kaz: 

The "game" looks like shit, like a MGS5 in test phase :will2:

-subordinate-san: "Kojima-san, we got the map ready and the character can walk"

-Kojima: "Add a bike and leave it like that, got some food  to post on Instagram"

-Kojima drone: "doubting Kojima! :dipbaby:"

I haven't watched the whole thing. But it looks like you share ladders and clues from other gamers playing online. Assuming the world is HUGE, and it looks like it.  Maybe the environment truly is the game. And terrain and difficulty of getting to places is really crafty.  I have no clue yet if you are limited to ladders, but it looks like you get a double longer version later in the game. So, if Nintendo co made this game, it can all combine to some great metroid esque level design.  But I doubt it goes that far. 

Honestly, this shit could go either way.  I'm sure the story will be weird and interesting.. and the gameplay could even turn out great..

but my entire point is that... these demonstrations have looked like utter boring shit.  

Still a day 1, but damn..

Lmfao. You can steal trucks. Fuck walking too. I think the game looks fine. I gotta wonder how alive the whole thing feels. And how special or useless the online strand system feels. I feel like it will be a spam of crap... It should limit you to strand guilds of small numbers, as to not deter the linear part of the game.  Which now I'm wondering how it plays out on this terrain.  Just massive outposts and checkpoints?

They obviously can't just add linear canon in random non marked spots, otherwise too many people will miss out. 

I haven't played MGS5, but those who have, looks like you shouldn't be worried.  It's nearly a similar game.. Tho this time it actually finished.  XD.  I hope all the canon content isn't all just outposts (it... Will be? : ( ). I like to spelunk on territories ala final fantasy or Zelda style too. Like you found a 1-2 hour long set piece by accident.

It would probably help y'all if you can UNDERSTAND what he's talking about and conceptualizing what the game is like at the same time :D. iit would just look like click on things if I was watching jibberish. Anywho, this game will easily get at least an 8. It actually does quite a lot.

Do you use rep points to build your own cool stuff that other players can use? If so, do you lose rep points when you give them, is it used like currency?  I saw 1 dude built a bridge, really made an area different (ladders are cool), but I wonder how traverse other players creations really change the game.  Atm just mostly ladders and refresh spots. Tho an offline game could have just placed them where aiding the player already.

Also it looks like you have to take great maintenance of your shoes. And they can get knabbed. Otherwise, your feet get bloody.  

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Honestly, this shit could go either way.  I'm sure the story will be weird and interesting.. and the gameplay could even turn out great..

but my entire point is that... these demonstrations have looked like utter boring shit.  

Still a day 1, but damn..

If there is only 1 or 2 monster types, I dunno. Looks like you have blind dates with the invis things (they can't see you either when you're still and quiet), and if caught.. You ALWAYS fight that big thing.  Lol.  That's gonna get old quick.