GEARS 5 - Down 66% from Gears 4 across all major streaming platforms - Second E-sports tournament cancelled - Franchise killed by Feminism

Gamepass really kills the perceived value of Microsoft games. It also makes me question how Gears 5 would have performed in terms of mindshare if they hadn't practically given it away. Would people have even bought it?

11 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Gamepass really kills the perceived value of Microsoft games. It also makes me question how Gears 5 would have performed in terms of mindshare if they hadn't practically given it away. Would people have even bought it?

Will this is just is; typically when your losing in any field that you're committed to, then you simply switch up the metrics. 

No longer is it about Console Sales, and Market Penetration; now it's MUA's and Impressions, likes on social media, viewers on streams.

Like how the police who can't bring down the murder rate in a specific jurisdiction talk about quality of life arrests and about making felonies turn into misdemeanours

Microsoft is the Baltimore PD of gaming divisions; and they're simply juking the stats at this point to please the bosses.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Will this is just is; typically when your losing in any field that you're committed to, then you simply switch up the metrics. 

No longer is it about Console Sales, and Market Penetration; now it's MUA's and Impressions, likes on social media, viewers on streams.

Like how the police who can't bring down the murder rate in a specific jurisdiction talk about quality of life arrests and about making felonies turn into misdemeanours

Microsoft is the Baltimore PD of gaming divisions; and they're simply juking the stats at this point to please the bosses.

and based on this thread it's even failing there. The game is $2-5 to play, and nobody's even talking about it a week later. 

Hobo pass was a mistake. I mean 2 dollars.

What if they made the game fully F2P would it still do lower than Gears 4 pioularitywise?

The concept of premium pricing and development exists for a reason. People pay for quality. At least the 500 dollar console audience is supposed to.

Edited by Team 2019
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Hobo pass was a mistake. I mean 2 dollars.

What if they made the game fully F2P would it still do lower than Gears 4 pioularitywise?

The concept of premium pricing and development exists for a reason. People pay for quality.

I mean, this is what they wanted, so I guess they can't be mad at it.  Gears 5 is apparently doing huge numbers on Gamepass, and every major release from Xbox has had a $1 or $2 gamepass month to go along with it.

I guess it's more important for MS right now to have people try the service and get people used to the idea than anything else.  I mean, they paid $50m to have Ninja come to Mixer to get mixer into the conversation.  Sacrificing Gears 5 to get people into Gamepass and used to the idea of it, is probably invaluable to them at this point... since it's pretty clear Gamepass is their future, and they expect retail sales to go down.

Excited to see if there are any firings at the Coalition! :glad: Hopefully these people suffer as much as possible. I'm talking not being able to pay rent, not being able to put food on their fatass kid's table, not being able to afford medications needed for survival.

Die in hell you lowdown scum, die! :juggle: