Epic Games Store - some thoughts

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They most assuredly do not have more users than Steam overall, not even fucking close, and their concurrent player count peak EVER is fathoms lower than Steam's business as usual day. You're conflating the playing of a free game, and a statistical peak of 10.7 million players during a special event leveraged across 4 platforms with that of one platform. 

Fortnite is popular but it's not enlisting people to actually use the platform, it's merely an access point for Fortnite for most, and 10.7 million concurrent people at peak during an event across 4 platforms 3 of which have nothing to do with EGS versus 16-17 million on one is laughable. How many people were on EGS during that event, maybe 4 million?

You talk about caring and helping developers, cutting developers out isn't helping them. Sure Steam gets some trash but at the same time they get good games that Epic would never allow on their store. Valve also enlists Early Access so prospective titles can get off the ground if a developer can't exactly afford to do it themselves, they allow them the opportunity to pitch and publish, it's a veritable Kickstarter contained in their storefront. 

lmao.. they have hundreds of millions of users.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  LMAO speaking about peak concurrent players of a game.  No... I'm talking about users who interact with Epic's Game Store Client on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.  You really have no clue.

And I do care about developers.  I don't care about ALL developers however.  Quite frankly... FUCK most of them.  Are you out there buying every game that gets made?  What I care about, is that the developers of good games that I DO like... can succeed.  That they make more money on each copy sold.  Sorry but no.. I don't care about games that I don't know exist...  "Bu but these games wouldn't have existed without Steam's ability for anyone to post anything Rem!"... yea sorry.. why would I care?  I don't think any developer should be able to put their game on any platform.  It's fine that there's a place for them to do it.. but they aren't OWED a spot on Epic's Store.. or any other.  On Steam, the sheer amount of shit on there brings down the value of every other game on that platform.  They opened the floodgate of pure shit to their platform.. and now people don't even want to spend >$30 on a game.  Valve doesn't care because they get 30% of all the thousands of games that release yearly and despite them failing, Valve gets that payday... and there's more where that came from.

It's basically a mobile game store at this point in function.  Just flooded with pure shit.

Just now, Remij_ said:

lmao.. they have hundreds of millions of users.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  LMAO speaking about peak concurrent players of a game.  No... I'm talking about users who interact with Epic's Game Store Client on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.  You really have no clue.

And I do care about developers.  I don't care about ALL developers however.  Quite frankly... FUCK most of them.  Are you out there buying every game that gets made?  What I care about, is that the developers of good games that I DO like... can succeed.  That they make more money on each copy sold.  Sorry but no.. I don't care about games that I don't know exist...  I don't think any developer should be able to put their game on any platform.  It's fine that there's a place for them to do it.. but they aren't OWED a spot on Epic's Store.. or any other.  On Steam, the sheer amount of shit on there brings down the value of every other game on that platform.  They opened the floodgate of pure shit to their platform.. and now people don't even want to spend >$30 on a game.  Valve doesn't care because they get 30% of all the thousands of games that release yearly and despite them failing, Valve gets that payday... and there's more where that came from.

It's basically a mobile game store at this point in function.  Just flooded with pure shit.

They have hundreds of millions of generated accounts across 5 platforms (forgot mobile) that pool into one interface. You're just being disingenuous trying to inflate their statistical importance in the PC space. 

Please show me their PC numbers.

Everything else I don't give a fuck about because you're illogical and wrong.  

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

They have hundreds of millions of generated accounts across 5 platforms (forgot mobile) that pool into one interface. You're just being disingenuous trying to inflate their statistical importance in the PC space. 

Please show me their PC numbers.

Everything else I don't give a fuck about because you're illogical and wrong.  

They have a HUGE influence... and the funny thing.. is that they are ACTUALLY putting that influence to work... unlike Valve.

You know it's true man lmao:shrug: 

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They have a HUGE influence... and the funny thing.. is that they are ACTUALLY putting that influence to work... unlike Valve.

You know it's true man lmao:shrug: 

Where are the numbers? As of March of 2019 they had 250 million generated accounts for Fortnite (EGS on PC) scattered across five platforms. Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC and Mobile. 

I just generated a new account on Steam, care to know what the 32 bit user ID is? [U:1:1030857355]

Yes, 1.03 billion. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
43 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Steam sucks . Its ugly and filled with so much trash . I'm glad egs is punching them in the face over and over and I'm glad steam nerds are getting mad about it :juggle:

idk what you talking about? Maybe your brain is fried bc xbox lost this gen but steam is doing fine and nobody actually gives a shit about epic besides some free games. 

you think only bc rempee has a need to talk about bullshit means everyone is upset? :D 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Where are the numbers? As of March of 2019 they had 250 million generated accounts for Fortnite (EGS on PC) scattered across five platforms. Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC and Mobile. 

I just generated a new account on Steam, care to know what the 32 bit user ID is? [U:1:1030857355]

Yes, 1.03 billion. 

:snoop: 

85 million active users.  Half of them reportedly don't even use Steam.  EGS in less than 1 year...

250 million accounts that can all pop into the EGS client and buy a game at any time.  The influence is HUGE... and they are going to put it to work. :reg: 

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:snoop: 

85 million active users.  Half of them reportedly don't even use Steam.  EGS in less than 1 year...

250 million accounts that can all pop into the EGS client and buy a game at any time.  The influence is HUGE... and they are going to put it to work. :reg: 

If there's 85 million active users and half of them reportedly don't use Steam then that leads to the simple conclusion that they don't play PC games in general other than Fortnite which drags you down to 42.5 million people who play Fortnite and possibly use EGS for something else. 

Wow, yeah I'm sure out of that 250 million the remaining 165 million people on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and Mobile are just going to come flying over to PC and EGS...

Bitch, are you retarded? :hest:

P.S. 85 million active users on a platform that just launched, there hasn't even been enough time for people to go inactive to see if it's any kind of launch surge. :lawl:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
12 minutes ago, kaz said:

idk what you talking about? Maybe your brain is fried bc xbox lost this gen but steam is doing fine and nobody actually gives a shit about epic besides some free games. 

you think only bc rempee has a need to talk about bullshit means everyone is upset? :D 

You seem upset :trump2:

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If there's 85 million active users and half of them reportedly don't use Steam then that leads to the simple conclusion that they don't play PC games in general other than Fortnite which drags you down to 42.5 million people who play Fortnite and possibly use EGS for something else. 

Wow, yeah I'm sure out of that 250 million the remaining 165 million people on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and Mobile are just going to come flying over to PC and EGS...

Bitch, are you retarded? :hest:

Lots of people don't play Steam... lmao.  The biggest PC games EVER didn't release on Steam... dumbfuck.  Minecraft.. Warcraft.. all Blizzard games.. the Sims.. Fortnite.. :tom: 

Look at you just creating Steam accounts to view user id numbers.  LMAO that shit is padded as fuck.  So what you're saying is that Epic already has more active users than Xbox consoles on the market... in less than 1 year... 

Epic is making bank... and they have the most popular multiplayer game right now.. all eyes on them... and when they advertise and promote games.. people notice.  You simply think the world revolves around Steam on PC... and that's actively changing before your eyes.  Games are SUCCEEDING on EGS... and in time, as people like you crumble looking to find reasons to ignore it... it will grow and grow.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Lots of people don't play Steam... lmao.  The biggest PC games EVER didn't release on Steam... dumbfuck.  Minecraft.. Warcraft.. all Blizzard games.. the Sims.. Fortnite.. :tom: 

Look at you just creating Steam accounts to view user id numbers.  LMAO that shit is padded as fuck.  So what you're saying is that Epic already has more active users than Xbox consoles on the market... in less than 1 year... 

Epic is making bank... and they have the most popular multiplayer game right now.. all eyes on them... and when they advertise and promote games.. people notice.  You simply think the world revolves around Steam on PC... and that's actively changing before your eyes.  Games are SUCCEEDING on EGS... and in time, as people like you crumble looking to find reasons to ignore it... it will grow and grow.

i know you guys dont care but cs and doto are the biggest. Rempee = destroyed. ez gg. :mjgrin:

The moment that Steam became known as the de facto store for PC games, that was when I wanted to see somebody come in and fuck up their shit.

The moment I saw that Steam would half-ass the launch of their own products: Big-PictureMode, Steam Controller, SteamLink, SteamVR, I knew that the company has no real drive to curate and see that these products grow and succeed, because that would mean that Steam would have to invest and potentially lose money in providing content for those products.

The moment the Steam Controller wasn't catching on, they just dropped it and moved onto something else.

I don't trust a company that reacts like that. I'd never buy a Steam VR system because of this.

Epic, on the other hand..........has decided to lose money in order to grow their store. They just barely made this money from Fortnite within the past two years, and they are quickly spending it. Almost Netflix-like. Except Netflix is investor money, whereas Epic is spending their OWN money.

Other than that, we're talking about PC games..........I don't give a shit which folder the game files are downloaded to.