Can we ban Jerry?

Just now, jehurey said:

I said it was significantly more overlap for Xbox.

And you know that's true.

Nope..........when he says "literally the same argument could be leveraged at the Playstation 4"

He's making the equivalence of Xbox One to Xbox One S/X, and PS4 to PS4pro.

He brought it up first.

Nope.  He's literally saying that multiple people have bought multiple PS4s... just like they did Xboxes.  That encompasses ALL forms of the console.

Which is a TRUE statement.

You're trying to start an argument... where there wasn't and shouldn't have been one.  Because it's TRUE.  You're the one trying to make equivalences that aren't necessary.... to start arguments.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmfao at this thread.  I actually read every post  but it was worth it

That's up to Cooke. In the meantime I just recommend not hopping on board the merry go round if you don't want to go for a spin. 

Only if we include you as a package deal.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

No I don't, and neither do you. None of us know, it's never been discussed. Not a single one of us normal people know what the breakdown is. 

Yes we do.  The sampling of lemmings in this forum is more than an anecdote.

Hell you can go to major gaming forums to see that Xbox fans re-buying the console because they felt that the revisions felt like necessary purchases to solve the problems of the launch hardware.

This is COMMONLY known.

We can look at other factors, like the ratio of games being purchased in North America.

It shouldn't be 2:1 ratio if the PS4 to Xbox ratio is 6:5, right?  That's just cold hard statistics.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yes we do.  The sampling of lemmings in this forum is more than an anecdote.

Hell you can go to major gaming forums to see that Xbox fans re-buying the console because they felt that the revisions felt like necessary purchases to solve the problems of the launch hardware.

This is COMMONLY known.

We can look at other factors, like the ratio of games being purchased in North America.

It shouldn't be 2:1 ratio if the PS4 to Xbox ratio is 6:5, right?  That's just cold hard statistics.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  He's literally saying that multiple people have bought multiple PS4s... just like they did Xboxes.  That encompasses ALL forms of the console.

Which is a TRUE statement.

You're trying to start an argument... where there wasn't and shouldn't have been one.  Because it's TRUE.  You're the one trying to make equivalences that aren't necessary.... to start arguments.

No, he's literally saying "the claim you just made against Xbox One and REPEAT console buyers for the new revisions.......I can say the same for PS4"

You know that is what he said.

I don't need to start an argument, because there's nothing there to be disputed.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You didn't say anything about ban.

Only after did you provide that clarification.

I said it before in this very thread.  Made it quite apparent what I was referring to...  but apparently I needed to clarify that for you.  Which I was happy to do.  I mean, of course you understood that, but you couldn't resist playing a victim and @ing cooke.

I knew that was going to happen.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

PS4 has 30 million consoles. You say Xbox has about 25 million.

That's a ratio of 6:5

Why are multiplat sales between PS4 and XBO sold at a ratio of 2:1?????????

Can you answer me that?

My answer is: the Xbox userbase is not as big as that 25 million number would indicate.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, he's literally saying "the claim you just made against Xbox One and REPEAT console buyers for the new revisions.......I can say the same for PS4"

You know that is what he said.

I don't need to start an argument, because there's nothing there to be disputed.

Nope.  When NPD talk about PS4 sales... are they literally talking about PS4 base units... or the PS4 platform????

LMAO no getting out of that Jerry.  He, much like everyone else when they talk about PS4 sales... was referring to all systems... just like you were referring to all Xboxes.

You KNOW that's a fact.  And you intentionally tried to start an argument about it... and that's what you ALWAYS do.  You can't help yourself.. which is why I'm going to have to take moderation actions against you.  I'll allow you to make your point... but you're not going to waste everyone's time anymore arguing in circles Jerry.

I'm doing this FOR you.

I said it before in this very thread.  Made it quite apparent what I was referring to...  but apparently I needed to clarify that for you.  Which I was happy to do.  I mean, of course you understood that, but you couldn't resist playing a victim and @ing cooke.

I knew that was going to happen.

You didn't say it in your post.

And all of a something you start the word around "Personally"

It sounded like a personal remark that was just vague enough to question it. Are you saying you intentionally left it vague to try and sneak in a threat?

Just now, jehurey said:

PS4 has 30 million consoles. You say Xbox has about 25 million.

That's a ratio of 6:5

Why are multiplat sales between PS4 and XBO sold at a ratio of 2:1?????????

Can you answer me that?

My answer is: the Xbox userbase is not as big as that 25 million number would indicate.

There's no answer with any kind of a fact that can answer that question, not one of yours, not one of mine, no ones. The reality is games sell differently situationally, it's different people, they sell differently depending on platforms, I don't know what to tell you.  

Nope.  When NPD talk about PS4 sales... are they literally talking about PS4 base units... or the PS4 platform????

LMAO no getting out of that Jerry.  He, much like everyone else when they talk about PS4 sales... was referring to all systems... just like you were referring to all Xboxes.

You KNOW that's a fact.  And you intentionally tried to start an argument about it... and that's what you ALWAYS do.  You can't help yourself.. which is why I'm going to have to take moderation actions against you.  I'll allow you to make your point... but you're not going to waste everyone's time anymore arguing in circles Jerry.

I'm doing this FOR you.

Sorry.............we're sticking to Dynocrap's words.

You're not going to re-litigate the argument for Dynocrap.

Even he knows that he was telling me that the claim I just made about OVERLAP due to Xbox One revisions........he was saying the same exact thing about PS4 revisions. And the main revision was the PS4pro.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You didn't say it in your post.

And all of a something you start the word around "Personally"

It sounded like a personal remark that was just vague enough to question it. Are you saying you intentionally left it vague to try and sneak in a threat?

Well, I'm glad I could clarify for you... since you intentionally misunderstood and felt it was a physical threat against you.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no answer with any kind of a fact that can answer that question, not one of yours, not one of mine, no ones. The reality is games sell differently situationally, it's different people, they sell differently depending on platforms, I don't know what to tell you.  

You're telling me that video gamers on PS4 are totally different than the ones on Xbox?

I'm pretty sure the same ratio of people like Call of Duty, or Madden, or Mortal Kombat 11, or RDR2.

Multiplat sales is the best indicator of gamers who are ACTIVELY USING those consoles.

The same ratio of people who like first-person shooters on PS4 should also be very, very close to the sample size for Xbox.

Your answer sounds way to obtuse for it to even be verifiable.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Well, I'm glad I could clarify for you... since you intentionally misunderstood and felt it was a physical threat against you.

I wouldn't be the first person to "intentionally misunderstand" something in this thread.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry.............we're sticking to Dynocrap's words.

You're not going to re-litigate the argument for Dynocrap.

Even he knows that he was telling me that the claim I just made about OVERLAP due to Xbox One revisions........he was saying the same exact thing about PS4 revisions. And the main revision was the PS4pro.

No.  I can quite clearly read.  You're not getting out of this.  You're TRYING so hard.  But no.

Just now, jehurey said:

You're telling me that video gamers on PS4 are totally different than the ones on Xbox?

I'm pretty sure the same ratio of people like Call of Duty, or Madden, or Mortal Kombat 11, or RDR2.

Multiplat sales is the best indicator of gamers who are ACTIVELY USING those consoles.

The same ratio of people who like first-person shooters on PS4 should also be very, very close to the sample size for Xbox.

Your answer sounds way to obtuse for it to even be verifiable.

I'm telling you that assumptions lead you no closer to the truth because you're never going to get verification for the reason. Speculate all day, but don't for a second conflate that speculation as anything beyond theory. 

• Remij locked this topic