Gears 5 breaks records as XGS biggest launch this gen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FFXIV costs 15 bucks a month and has 4 million active users paying those 15 bucks for years. Just a refrence point in comparison.

who would have thought this game would score worse and sell worse than Gears Judgement, the most reviled entry in the franchise.   This is truly a worst game ever candidate, 23k, 7.0, and la

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Slow Jonny, I get your strawman but that doesn't make it a relevant point. 

Lemmings are now to the point of celebrating bargain prices AT LAUNCH..... that's how low the bar is for them:rofls:

Little Goobs still doesn't understand what im talking about. No surprise there. You are a DUMBO

Bargain Prices? MS wants GP subscribers. That's what they are trying to do, and it has seemed to work pretty well for them with this game.

Where are you going to try and take this now? 

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

FFXIV costs 15 bucks a month and has 4 million active users paying those 15 bucks for years. Just a refrence point in comparison.

You might want to better research that one

59 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Little Goobs still doesn't understand what im talking about. No surprise there. You are a DUMBO

Bargain Prices? MS wants GP subscribers. That's what they are trying to do, and it has seemed to work pretty well for them with this game.

Where are you going to try and take this now? 

Yes slow Jonny, they want subs that's why they have the $2 promotion... thanks for finally catching up to my original post... good boy. 

Yes... to be able to play a $60 game at launch for FREE or $2 is a huge bargin..... are you denying this? 

It's funny when a retard calls other people slow . Lmao 

Actually no , I'm not arguing that.  That's exactly what I have said. 

When I wonder where you were going to take this I didn't think you would just agree with me and then try to argue with me about something I agree w , but you are a dumbo lmao.

That's great.  There's no way this wasn't a success for them.  The game accomplished what they wanted it to.  People are on board with using Gamepass as a rental service and that's what this was all about.  They are throwing the rest of the current gen to the wolves to push Gamepass (which was obvious) and bring people around to the idea of an always online connected console + service for a low monthly fee.

The fact that they were promoting and advertising how people could spend $2 and get Ultimate and allowing people to use the promotion and extend their subscriptions for years... It just shows that they aren't worried about money.. they're pushing the service.  

I really have no idea how they are going to make it work because I wasn't expecting every first party game to release day and date on the service.. but you'd think that they have some plan lol.

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

That's great.  There's no way this wasn't a success for them.  The game accomplished what they wanted it to.  People are on board with using Gamepass as a rental service and that's what this was all about.  They are throwing the rest of the current gen to the wolves to push Gamepass (which was obvious) and bring people around to the idea of an always online connected console + service for a low monthly fee.

The fact that they were promoting and advertising how people could spend $2 and get Ultimate and allowing people to use the promotion and extend their subscriptions for years... It just shows that they aren't worried about money.. they're pushing the service.  

I really have no idea how they are going to make it work because I wasn't expecting every first party game to release day and date on the service.. but you'd think that they have some plan lol.

Gears 5 was the catalyst to garner attention, and it's working. With all the new developers they have the goal is to get things to a point where game releases will be so frequent that people will not unsubscribe. They'll fill out the year with AA games inside the gaps of AAA games.

It's a good plan. 

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Gears 5 was the catalyst to garner attention, and it's working. With all the new developers they have the goal is to get things to a point where game releases will be so frequent that people will not unsubscribe. They'll fill out the year with AA games inside the gaps of AAA games.

It's a good plan. 

yea that's a good plan... but it's not there yet.... it's not frequent enough as yet to stop people from unsubscribing.....maybe by next gen. 

58 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

yea that's a good plan... but it's not there yet.... it's not frequent enough as yet to stop people from unsubscribing.....maybe by next gen. 

My assumption is they're kind of pulling a Sony, it seems like they both are. Not doing anything else really this gen and saving everything for next. 

4 hours ago, JONBpc said:

You might want to better research that one

yup its actually way higher and the game is worth it compared to everything xshit has ever done :kaz: 

serious question: why are lemmings even allowed anymore? I know, for the comedic aspect but they still talk in a serious tone as if anything they say still matters. 

who would have thought this game would score worse and sell worse than Gears Judgement, the most reviled entry in the franchise.

This is truly a worst game ever candidate, 23k, 7.0, and lays a beloved franchise to an eternal rest.

This is the flop of the gen, by far. Crazy to think both God Of War Ascension and Gears Judgment were in the same position... look at how sony turned around god of war vs how microsoft sank Gears to the grave. Jesus.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

it's actually higher than 4 million. but I get your point

17 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

who would have thought this game would score worse and sell worse than Gears Judgement, the most reviled entry in the franchise.

This is truly a worst game ever candidate, 23k, 7.0, and lays a beloved franchise to an eternal rest.

This is the flop of the gen, by far. Crazy to think both God Of War Ascension and Gears Judgment were in the same position... look at how sony turned around god of war vs how microsoft sank Gears to the grave. Jesus.

yea, both had the opportunity to do great shit but xbox said fuck it and committed suicide :mjcry: