The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (NS) review predictions

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What to believe 

I don't care what you or anyone else refer to it as, the axis is both equal vertically and horizontally which makes it a 45 degree angle. You're looking from both the side and top equally.   

Autistic Cop... "see that's where you're wrong it's not LTTP it's LA" 

On 2019-09-17 at 10:48 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

Dude, Yoshi's Crafted World...

Same engine, 'same' visual design, same 60 FPS target, both Nintendo first party, FPS drops and resolution down to 396p :yeshrug:

They literally say in the analysis that it's much much better res than Yoshi.

Dynamic 1080p docked - lowest 720p 

Dynamic 720p Handheld - lowest 576p

You are wrong about EVERYTHING :tom:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It's honestly a very nice looking game.  Though myself personally, wish they would have just locked to 30fps and targeted 1080p.  Also, it is disappointing about Link not having full analog movement, but that's not a huge deal to me personally.

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Wow 576p with an unsustainable framerate, wonderful improvement over 396p. A whole 311,040 pixel gain and still nearly half of 720p.

:hest:

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's honestly a very nice looking game.  Though myself personally, wish they would have just locked to 30fps and targeted 1080p.  Also, it is disappointing about Link not having full analog movement, but that's not a huge deal to me personally.

The issue is with the Dynamic res scaler's memory management and data streaming.  (Playing it on internal memory yields less drops).... 

Game Explain started doing Analysis videos a few months ago as well.... and he goes a little more in depth on it. 

As both DF and GE point out the game mostly runs at 60fps with drops here and there..... this will no doubt get performance optimization patches. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wow 576p with an unsustainable framerate, wonderful improvement over 396p. A whole 311,040 pixel gain and still nearly half of 720p.

:hest:

It avgs 720p in handheld and the Majority of the game runs at 60fps. 

You were wrong again :tom:

Bbbut if Yoshi was that res that means all games on Switch with that engine would run teh same guiz :lemming:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

It avgs 720p in handheld and the Majority of the game runs at 60fps. 

You were wrong again :tom:

Bbbut if Yoshi was that res that means all games on Switch with that engine would run teh same guiz :lemming:

How can it average 720p and drop to 576p? That's a mathematical impossibility. 

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The issue is with the Dynamic res scaler's memory management and data streaming.  (Playing it on internal memory yields less drops).... 

Game Explain started doing Analysis videos a few months ago as well.... and he goes a little more in depth on it. 

As both DF and GE point out the game mostly runs at 60fps with drops here and there..... this will not doubt get performance optimization patches. 

I already made the comment to DF's video that it's very obvious from the footage that when there's transitions or streaming or going into/out of dungeons or buildings the resolution resets to 1080p, and then takes frames to drop to 720p, then the fps smooths out.  I think the text boxes are also maybe causing the resolution to jump to 1080p when they appear, and then it settles down again and jumps back up to 60.  The double buffered vsync would cause that extra load to drop the fps to 30.. so it's extremely jarring.

It's also why I said I doubt they'd fix it for launch because as long as the game has a double buffered vsync, it's going to drop under 60 at points and then tank to 30.  They either drop the res hard, so that at points on the overworld it doesn't drop from 60.. or else they change the double buffered vsync.  The fact that the resolution resets to 1080p after any transitions means that they are always going to have that drop... then it smooths out after it lowers res. 

They should actually just permanently drop the res to 720p.  It'll make very little difference in the grand scheme of things and the experience would probably be much more consistent.

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DF - Stunning remake :dame:

It drops 30 frames often , lol that's trash .

I like the look of it but fuck that.  Should have locked it to 30 . Looks annoying to even play 

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It drops 30 frames often , lol that's trash .

I like the look of it but fuck that.  Should have locked it to 30 . Looks annoying to even play 

DF - Majority of the game is 60fps, stunning remake... absolutely unmissable game :dame:

Just now, Goukosan said:

DF - Majority of the game is 60fps, stunning remake... absolutely unmissable game :dame:

Uh no . You'll argue with dyno for 6 hours about grass, but frequent 30 frame drops are no big deal .

That's enough of you. 

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Uh no . You'll argue with dyno for 6 hours about grass, but frequent 30 frame drops are no big deal .

That's enough of you. 

I'm agreeing with DF then as I am now. 

Base PS4 had the best version of that game according to DF. 

Zelda is a stunning remake, Majority of game is 60fps, unmissable game according to DF. 

:shrug:

Edited by Goukosan