AMD IR Day: Next gen consoles based on "Zen 2" and "next gen RDNA"

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't watch this.  

I don't know why he can't see this roadblock coming, it's as clear as day. RTX is not the future, it's an expensive interim experiment. 

You're way too invested and it's disgusting.  There's nothing worse than a GPU fangirl.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

This pretty much confirms that next gen PlayStation will be based on RDNA 2.0 or next gen RDNA.

image.thumb.png.6cf73ecf5e3a64ec8ca3fa8cd584c508.png

Earlier this year:

ytFiqqCok_1Q1RVOoIpTglqkJDn069-iceLSmVSd

I thought we all already knew that?  Which is why I was saying don't buy garbage 5700 series cards that are going to be outdated feature-wise and architecturally in a year. 

RDOA :mj: 

8 hours ago, Remij_ said:

I thought we all already knew that?  Which is why I was saying don't buy garbage 5700 series cards that are going to be outdated feature-wise and architecturally in a year. 

DynamiteCop said it'd be based on RDNA 1.0. :trump2:

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yes and no, I said Xbox's GPU will be more advanced, full next-gen RDNA while I can see the PlayStation 5 being gen 1 with gen 2 feature sets. 

Actually you said it was going to be based on RDNA 1.0. :trump2:

Edited by lynux3

I think Xbox COULD come back next gen.  It's not like it's impossible to turn the ship around.  They simply need great games.  If they could actually put out games that consistently scored higher and some of them were new AAA IPs... then people could be convinced to come back around.  Because let me put it this way... I don't think Sony could have had an easier generation than this one.  And I really don't think that MS can fuck up harder than they did at the beginning of this gen.  It's been tough for them this gen.. but there IS a core base of Xbox fans that will ride and die with the brand.  

What I feel right now about Scarlett is that, yes, it's great that it's launching with Halo.. and if Halo turns out really well, that will help with initial sales.. but if it doesn't... and it flops.. then I don't see MS coming back from it.  The other thing is that Halo by itself is awesome for launch (especially if Sony doesn't really have anything ready like they didn't with the PS4) ... but if at this coming E3 MS could announce one or two new AAA IPs and show a trailer for one of them that would be ready for close after the Scarlett launch... then people might be convinced that MS is finally getting their shit in order.

And I hate to say it, but Bodycount is right about MS and their "progressiveness"... I think they need to make some more mature rated games geared towards young males with their AAA studios, and use the smaller studios they own to focus on progressive and inclusive games.  They could essentially cover the gamut. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

He ran away and is now clinging to a throwaway comment made by Aza :moto:

What is the purpose of your existence here? You play games on a fucking Vtech, why do you feel the need to insert yourself into a bunch of shit that has absolutely nothing to do with you?

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What is the purpose of your existence here? You play games on a fucking Vtech, why do you feel the need to insert yourself into a bunch of shit that has absolutely nothing to do with you?

Who in this thread owns a PS5 or a Scarlett? :interesting:

32 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Who will? Not you, but all of the rest of us will. 

No one owns either one right now :shrug:

No one is getting Scarlett.... no reason to own one.... all it's games are available everywhere else. 

Will most like get a PS5 next gen.. no need for Xbox:moto:

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Even fanboys like Crapgamer are saying they'll just get Halo Infinite on X. 1000 for two paper weights with no exclusives in a short span is just too much, even for many XBox fanboys. Nevermind people without XBox loyalty when everything is on PC.

that dude was the biggest xbox fan on the planet and has a gears of war tattoo across his forearm and even he bailed + hates Gears 5 feminist agenda crap.

:D 

Dynamite is underestimating just how many fans xflop lost with their shitty streak of games + whored out multiplats. literally the hardest of the hardcore want nothing to do with xflop anymore after backing it for 15 years.

Phil is a monster.

Edited by Bodycount N
16 hours ago, Remij_ said:

That's a dumb assumption.   

There's nothing to indicate RDNA2 will make RDNA outdated. 

It may very well be a version made specifically for consoles.   Which they will obviously have to cut down on since it's going to have to cost a fraction of the price to mass produce for consoles.