AMD IR Day: Next gen consoles based on "Zen 2" and "next gen RDNA"

19 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

That's a dumb assumption.   

There's nothing to indicate RDNA2 will make RDNA outdated. 

It may very well be a version made specifically for consoles.   Which they will obviously have to cut down on since it's going to have to cost a fraction of the price to mass produce for consoles. 

No.  It's not an assumption.

RDNA2 WILL make RDNA outdated.  It's a technological fact.  You either have accelerated RT cores or you don't.

Nvidia ushered in the next frontier in real time graphics...  Real time ray tracing.  If you don't support it... then you're outdated.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't watch this.  

I don't know why he can't see this roadblock coming, it's as clear as day. RTX is not the future, it's an expensive interim experiment. 

You're way too invested and it's disgusting.  There's nothing worse than a GPU fangirl.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

No.  It's not an assumption.

RDNA2 WILL make RDNA outdated.  It's a technological fact.  You either have accelerated RT cores or you don't.

Nvidia ushered in the next frontier in real time graphics...  Real time ray tracing.  If you don't support it... then you're outdated.

You seem to overlook this.   Ray tracing will be offloaded on CLOUD computing.  

ytFiqqCok_1Q1RVOoIpTglqkJDn069-iceLSmVSd

Cloud power

amd radeon image sharpening dlss ray tracing e3 2019 vision2

At E3 2019, AMD revealed its “Ray Tracing Vision,” which included a series of steps and developmental milestones which it expects to hit on its road to ray tracing. AMD will launch a second-generation of its RDNA architecture in 2020, known as RDNA+ built on an enhanced version of TSMC’s 7nm process node used in the new RX 5700 cards. It will reportedly include the same hardware acceleration that the next-gen consoles will use to enable certain ray tracing lighting effects at the local level.

But to enable full-scene ray tracing, AMD plans to leverage the power of cloud computing. It’s not yet clear how AMD will handle the combination of local and cloud rendering at the same time, but Google Stadia may well help pave the way for such technologies and considering AMD hardware is at the heart of that venture, the red team could be at the forefront of such ongoing developments.

It’s certainly possible that this is in line with what AMD’s “hybrid” rendering patent discusses, leveraging bespoke hardware for some of it and a glut of general computing power for the rest, with the cloud providing the additional performance required to make that possible.

VEGA 56 and other GCN Radeon GPUs have demonstrated 60fps of Ray Traycing.  Do you honestly think AMD is going to release RDNA2 graphic cards, that will be reduced features to cut cost for console distribution and then limit Ray Tracing cloud offloading to just RDNA2 when there existing RDNA will be just as powerful to run it over GPU. 

You must not have any modern Radeon cards and not see how AMD rolls a lot of it's features to its range of GPUs that span back 3 years.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Ok, if you say so:mj: 

Don't EVER link that trash again :hest: 

If I say so?  Did you even watch? :umad:

That guy pulls no punches on you RTX buyers, and it's interesting he made that video just about the time you here giving your spin how the future of gaming is going to be with ray-tracing support. 

He nailed it quite accurately.   

I'd say, this is VHS vs Betamax.  And Nvidia's ray-tracing is Betamax. 

2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

If I say so?  Did you even watch? :umad:

That guy pulls no punches on you RTX buyers, and it's interesting he made that video just about the time you here giving your spin how the future of gaming is going to be with ray-tracing support. 

He nailed it quite accurately.   

I'd say, this is VHS vs Betamax.  And Nvidia's ray-tracing is Betamax. 

This is what I meant by "if you say so" :drake: 

7 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I think you were looking for that drake emoticon.

If you say so :tom: 

AMDead GPUs :mj: 

When was the last time AMD introduced a open standard that didn't ALSO perform better on Nvidia cards?

AMD's been pulling this "open standard" shit for forever now since they can't develop and market their own solutions...  So when was the last AMD technology that didn't perform better on Nvidia GPUs?

DXR is the API standard...Vulkan as well.  They work across ALL DX12 class GPUs... with vendors who have driver support for them.  RTX is exposed through DXR using extensions...

What is AMD going to do to change that?  They are working with MS on DXR... soooo what exactly are you expecting them to do?

Just now, Remij_ said:

If you say so :tom: 

AMDead GPUs :mj: 

When was the last time AMD introduced a open standard that didn't ALSO perform better on Nvidia cards?

AMD's been pulling this "open standard" shit for forever now since they can't develop and market their own solutions...  So when was the last AMD technology that didn't perform better on Nvidia GPUs?

So what you're saying now all of sudden is that RDNA2 and the entire next gen is going to fail to Nvidia's Turing RTX? :tom:

You can't have it both ways. 

So what you're saying now all of sudden is that RDNA2 and the entire next gen is going to fail to Nvidia's Turing RTX? :tom:

You can't have it both ways. 

:cosby2: 

I'm saying that Nvidia's ray tracing implementation will ALWAYS be superior to AMD's.  I can almost guarantee that shit.  It's superior now, because they ACTUALLY HAVE IT.  And it will be superior when Ampere comes out to whatever AMD has in their RDNA2.

RTX =/= Turing buddy.... RTX means going forward they will have hardware accelerated RT support... what form that takes will change as tech improves.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

I'm saying that Nvidia's ray tracing implementation will ALWAYS be superior to AMD's.  I can almost guarantee that shit.  It's superior now, because they ACTUALLY HAVE IT.  And it will be superior when Ampere comes out to whatever AMD has in their RDNA2.

Then you are insane. :tom: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

So defensive. :drake:

AMD fanboys always run their mouths.  They can never back that shit up.  Always late to the conversation.

It's like, just fuck right off.  You can enter the conversation when you have hardware that supports what you're talking about :tom: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

AMD fanboys always run their mouths.  They can never back that shit up.  Always late to the conversation.

It's like, just fuck right off.  You can enter the conversation when you have hardware that supports what you're talking about :tom: 

You're entered a thread about next gen consoles based on AMD. 

Now you want next gen to fuck off?    Worse you don't want us to talk about it because it's not here yet?  oJlDy6s.gif

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You're entered a thread about next gen consoles based on AMD. 

Now you want next gen to fuck off?    Worse you don't want us to talk about it because it's not here yet?  oJlDy6s.gif

And you're posting videos about Nvidia :drake: 

Probably because you're butthurt that RDNA1 will be outdated by the time next gen consoles come around.... with Ray tracing support.

Something your card lacks. :shrug: 

Yup, I knew you didn't watch the video. nO8LU9T.gif

You're so fucking clueless man. 

bub ut the ray trazing in dah Turin gPeww is naht mush betur dan deh Vaguh 

Jesus fucking christ kill yourself :tom: