AMD IR Day: Next gen consoles based on "Zen 2" and "next gen RDNA"

Just now, Remij_ said:

More AMD fanboy youtubers..  these guys are all trying so hard to convince themselves  :geese: 

There's no need for convincing. The writing is on the wall and you can't read it with those green tinted glasses on. :tom: 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't watch this.  

I don't know why he can't see this roadblock coming, it's as clear as day. RTX is not the future, it's an expensive interim experiment. 

You're way too invested and it's disgusting.  There's nothing worse than a GPU fangirl.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're missing the point though, Xbox and PlayStation are going to set the standard for a different process of handling RT that has nothing to do with Turing, and Turing is going to fall to the wayside as a failed expensive experiment. No one wants to deal with it unless they're be paid additionally to do it. 

The top comment on that video is a perfect example.

I thought exactly as you did in regards to Digital Foundry. I'm a game engine developer and in my world? using turing to achieve ray-tracing is just as exotic as any compute brute force method. There's no standard API - Nvidia did release extensions for Vulkan - but by their nature? they're not going to be compatible with whatever the standard will be. Using Nvidia ray-tracing extensions in Vulkan, given the vast setup required? is just as locked-in and un-portable as using an nvidia library directly. It's not like you just flip a switch - your engine has to be designed around it. The future ray-tracing 'API' will not plug into the holes that the Nvidia ray-tracing leaves behind - that's a 'hole' lot of work to re-factor code.

I'm heavily reminded of when ATI put tesselation onto their cards - long before OpenGL4 and DirectX 11 - it worked ok, if you coded for it directly - but it wasn't powerful enough to deliver the dream and ATI had to pretty much start from scratch with their tessellation pipeline after Nvidia set the standard. Tensor RT isn't powerful enough to achieve the dream - just like early ATI tessellation. They slapped wings on a car.

No... You simply don't understand how this shit works lol  DXR and Vulkan ARE the standard APIs that developers will adhere to... 

Just because someone calls themselves a developer in the comments doesn't mean they are one :mj: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

There's no need for convincing. The writing is on the wall and you can't read it with those green tinted glasses on. :tom: 

Yet they're all coddling each other trying to convince themselves.  They're a bunch of clowns.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No... You simply don't understand how this shit works lol  DXR and Vulkan ARE the standard APIs that developers will adhere to... 

Just because someone calls themselves a developer in the comments doesn't mean they are one :mj: 

It has nothing to do with what he claims to be, it has to do with what he's saying, the implication, the history with things like this coming out and then being rolled over by what will be the inevitable standard due to purpose built simplicity, efficiency and range of application. 

You're investing in an RT eco-system which will be defunct, and replaced by one uniformly compatible that has nothing to do with Turing. You spent $1,500 on a 24 month paper weight, even worse is you'll buy the next one before standardization begins and walks away from this RTX model. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, lynux3 said:

It's going to be interesting because next gen consoles pretty much set the standard. NVIDIA will be forced to conform.

I don't know why he can't see this roadblock coming, it's as clear as day. RTX is not the future, it's an expensive interim experiment. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It has nothing to do with what he claims to be, it has to do with what he's saying, the implication, the history with things like this coming out and then being rolled over by what will be the inevitable standard due to purpose built simplicity, efficiency and range of application. 

You're investing in an RT eco-system which will be defunct, and replaced by one uniformly compatible that has nothing to do with Turing. You spent $1,500 on a 24 month paper weight, even worse is you'll buy the next one before standardization begins and walks away from this RTX model. 

So explain to me what that is...

The standard is ALREADY THERE... it's called DXR and Vulkan.  Both are CURRENTLY supported by RTX through extensions... As DXR and Vulkan featuresets are decided, GPU vendors will support those featuresets... and they will ALWAYS implement features exclusive of their hardware via extensions... JUST like DX and OpenGL/Vulkan have already.

You're god damn fucking clueless man :D 

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's going to be interesting because next gen consoles pretty much set the standard. NVIDIA will be forced to conform.

By standard you mean... DXR... what MS is going to use... which was developed in partnership by MS, Nvidia, and AMD?  Or Sony's proprietary API based off Vulkan or something like that... which... Vulkan will adopt??

What the FUCK are you guys even talking about :tom: 

This is EXACTLY what I mean about running your mouths and wanting a seat at the table.  Nobody is paying any attention to you idiots.

24 months and this shit show known as RTX will be at its end. You can't see what's coming which is so funny given your disposition. What is Turing's purpose if it's not needed? What's the justification for its cost surplus if it's not needed?

Crytek has already shown that even with a several year old card the task can be handled. It can be done in Minecraft right now with AMD cards with no acceleration and great performance. You're investing in a model that already has an expiration date. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

By standard you mean... DXR... what MS is going to use... which was developed in partnership by MS, Nvidia, and AMD?  Or Sony's proprietary API based off Vulkan or something like that... which... Vulkan will adopt??

What the FUCK are you guys even talking about :tom: 

This is EXACTLY what I mean about running your mouths and wanting a seat at the table.  Nobody is paying any attention to you idiots.

You're way too invested and it's disgusting. :D There's nothing worse than a GPU fangirl.

Edited by lynux3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

24 months and this shit show known as RTX will be at its end. You can't see what's coming which is so funny given your disposition. What is Turing's purpose if it's not needed? What's the justification for its cost surplus if it's not needed?

Crytek has already shown that even with a several year old card the task can be handled. You're investing in a model that already has an expiration date. 

:snoop: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

There's idiots who think that CPU IPC increases if you overclock it :mj: 

No one here thinks that. :rofls: GG, you already lost trying to change the subject.

Edited by lynux3
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Crytek has already shown that even with a several year old card the task can be handled. You're investing in a model that already has an expiration date. 

I'll overlook the irony of an Xbox fanboy making this post.

You're simply ignorant.  Crytek showed... exactly why Nvidia's RT acceleration is needed.

lmao I remember you running your mouth on here.  Saying that Crytek tech demo was running at 4K 30fps... when it was really 1080p and was severely limited.  You said hardware accelerated RT was a joke... but then when Xbox announced that Scarlett would have dedicate RT hardware... your ears perked up like a little bitch :hest: 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No one here thinks that. :rofls: GG, you already lost trying to change the subject.

You did... and argued with us for pages and pages like a complete fucking idiot.

If I was a mod back then I would have saved you the embarrassment and locked and hidden the thread.  I wasn't though... so you thoroughly embarrassed yourself.  There's no walking back from that.  :rofl:   

Just now, Remij_ said:

You did... and argued with us for pages and pages like a complete fucking idiot.

If I was a mod back then I would have saved you the embarrassment and locked and hidden the thread.  I wasn't though... so you thoroughly embarrassed yourself.  There's no walking back from that.  :rofl:   

I argued that I could raise my score by overclocking. IPC can and does change. Just look at Infail. :rofls: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'll overlook the irony of an Xbox fanboy making this post.

You're simply ignorant.  Crytek showed... exactly why Nvidia's RT acceleration is needed.

lmao I remember you running your mouth on here.  Saying that Crytek tech demo was running at 4K 30fps... when it was really 1080p and was severely limited.  You said hardware accelerated RT was a joke... but then when Xbox announced that Scarlett would have dedicate RT hardware... your ears perked up like a little bitch :hest: 

Remij and RTX

source.gif

The future of RT standardized by consoles

HelplessLivelyGalapagosmockingbird-size_