Next gen can't come soon enough

Graphics, physics, lighting, VR... all need an upgrade :dame:

What I want to see is cloth physics like this

Looks amazing and this video was posted 3 years ago.

Also VR is still great tech and has so much potential but they need to make everything smaller and more affordable for people to care.

Also less indie trash and handheld tier everything, let the sheep bask in poverty I don't care but it's time to move on :dudebro:

• Like 1

tbh i just want good games but i hope they will further remove clipping of any sort. or floating attachments to your character for example.

gimme the usual physics and blast the game with motion blur effects and im good :kaz: 

20 minutes ago, kaz said:

tbh i just want good games but i hope they will further remove clipping of any sort. or floating attachments to your character for example.

gimme the usual physics and blast the game with motion blur effects and im good :kaz: 

Finding a solution to clipping would be great too, maybe not fun if every action you take gets blocked by a wall or obstacle in games like Dark Souls, but I want to see how it could work out.

Swords grinding against the wall or hitting the top of a door frame, limbs not moving through small obstacles, stuff like that.

4 hours ago, kaz said:

Yeah, clipping tops my list as well. I was playing greedfall and there’s capes that you can equip to your back over your armor, and the best chest piece I had found was constantly clipping through my cape. It bothered me so much I ended up swapping it for a shittier piece of armor just to get rid of the clipping :ben:

Edited by Twinblade
  • Haha 1

I want a game that incorporates FEELINGS and confidence and nihilism/ dead dread on the inside as you game. You spend confidence points on risks, and ironically as you succeed your character temporarily becomes less miserable. Boss battles are things like a hot gurl breaking up with you. Because you flirted a couple times on level 2 and level 3. 

Edited by kokujin
1 minute ago, kokujin said:

I want a game that incorporates FEELINGS and confidence and nihilism/ dead dread on the inside as you game. You spend confidence points on risks, and ironically as you succeed your character temporarily becomes less miserable. Boss battled are things like a hot gurl breaking up with you. Because you flirted a couple times on level 2 and level 3. 

isnt that the story of catherine but then they had to fuck it up with the stupid box climbing shit and goats

• Haha 1

Your guild can be alcohol or religion or dating or bread, and they all make you feel unwhole and they all come with their challenges.  Meanwhile, you are trying to defeat an evil: IMPENDING DOOM AND AND DEBT, TO ORIGINAL SIN. The purpose of the game is to seek (hah, you thought you could FIND it??) Enlightenment.  Or to collect 100 coins m whichever comes first. you win. 

Edited by kokujin
11 minutes ago, kaz said:

isnt that the story of catherine but then they had to fuck it up with the stupid box climbing shit and goats

I assume you just succeed all dates in Catherine/ it's not that complex?? Do you choose pick up lines? Maybe I'll watch the shit on youtoob. Could be entertaining.

I know grim and misery and life is the THEME of Catherine. But I doubt the scenario gameplay ain't much but text bubbles dating sims.

I was actually thinking something like Eternal Darkness again, but not every effect has to be for horror.  But you get effects that make the game harder or easier depending on how you're playing.  

Grinding out your narcissism makes your defense better and people attracted to you more.

Points in confidence raises offense and you can approach more NPCs and they'll initially like you more or something.

I dunno. I like ideas. Johnny likes 4k resolution and current style gameplay. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The crazy is off the chain since Gears 5 released. It's getting a bit nuts around here. 

These guys are lucky xbox flopped this gen. You can tell they would not be able to handle another beat down. YEARs of rage bottled up.

Cant even have a conversation in here .

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

You guys like legit have issues . 

You obviously are just too stupid to get it lol. My post is saturated with social commentary, as are kaz' and I can tell where he's being serious and where he's offering an opinion and where he's exaggerating things for fun. Seriously. You are dumb. That's why you think we have issues or don't make sense. 

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

Your guild can be alcohol or religion or dating or bread, and they all make you feel unwhole and they all come with their challenges.  Meanwhile, you are trying to defeat an evil: IMPENDING DOOM AND AND DEBT, TO ORIGINAL SIN. The purpose of the game is to seek (hah, you thought you could FIND it??) Enlightenment.  Or to collect 100 coins m whichever comes first. you win. 

- people use alcohol, religion, or the opp sex as their vice. Bread is obviously a silly trivial banther and addition, but they are all small trivial or not going to satisfy the big picture. As they are all just (even teh God?? That's a conversation Johnny, but you were too slow to see it) things, smaller and apart of all of life.

- ultimately all things leave you never feeling whole. I'm arguing religion does too.

- you can actually make guild missions based on your choice of vice. So I'm somewhat describing gameplay for this slice of life game that will never come out. And kinda adding realism & connection to the topic.

- we are pleasured / allowed to SEEK enlightenment, and that has real practical emotions and good stuff or vibes, but we never actually achieve such a thing. I'm arguing it never existed too. Everyone says they want to find enlightenment, but perhaps don't see it's just the journey that we all can experience.

- you can't make a game where reaching enlightenment is the Win. As that's vague as hell, gameplay wise,. So how about something stupid that we've previously gotten a sense of reward from in past gaming formula for decades, like 100 of these things, or this accolade.

-Most win accolades in video games are stupid and trivial. Like 100 coins. Isn't that silly?

---- cheat study notes for slow ass Johnny.  Nothing crazy or issue-ridden in my post.  Again, you are just way too stupid to get anything. 

Edited by kokujin