Videogamedunky: The fall of XBOX

Just now, lynux3 said:

I read it as Forza 6. :shrug: Forza Motorsport is what we're talking about here.

Ah.  Yea nah I dunno.

PS5 GT will look real though.  Of that I have no doubt.

Sony just recently had a tech day where they gave a bunch of presentations on technologies they are working on.  One was of ray tracing in AR/VR being rendered in real-time.  People could take objects and place them in the AR world and it would render them based on the lighting properties of the real world.  Really fucking sick stuff.

Some people speculated that maybe it was demoing PS5, but it turns out it was being rendered on 30 RTX 2080ti's :ben: 

Ray tracing is going to be everywhere by the middle of next gen.  GT with RT will look real. :wow2: 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Shu acknowledging it is the closest confirmation we'll have for a while until Polyphony updates their site again. This is 100x better than hiding anything sales related like Microsoft has done for the past what... 4-5 years?

He is going to claim that shu doesn't know what he is talking about... it's pure speculation :grimaceleft:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This was already dealt with, over, we ended the thread. Dead discussion. Shu saying "thanks" doesn't mean anything, we had the fucking number of total profiles available. 

The profiles actually are 8,412,723 https://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/Drivers-By/Country

the 8 million sold is probably sold through

I REPEAT: I'm sorry for you and all the other GT haters, this is a huge ownage for all of you

You just owned yourself image.gif.efa2d2d73fdd35108da29c012bd0e634.gif You forgot to subtract the beta profile numbers, do that and you arrive at the amount of players I said it should be mathematically

-------------------------

No what's happened is as Matty said you forgot to subtract beta profiles and whatever idiot wrote this report looked at the profile count (which is near 8 millIon) and listed that as estimated game sales.

So wait... hedge fund leader meeting with SIE about game sales isn't reputable, but a fuckin' random site that supposedly tracks all Gran Turismo Sport users is? :rofls: 

I like how you do reference VGChartz, but completely dismiss the other source "company disclosure". Did you even see the figure for Gran Turismo Sport on VGChartz? They have it at 3.77m so the source was obviously not VGChartz. Get rekt. :tom: 

20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Ah.  Yea nah I dunno.

PS5 GT will look real though.  Of that I have no doubt.

Sony just recently had a tech day where they gave a bunch of presentations on technologies they are working on.  One was of ray tracing in AR/VR being rendered in real-time.  People could take objects and place them in the AR world and it would render them based on the lighting properties of the real world.  Really fucking sick stuff.

Some people speculated that maybe it was demoing PS5, but it turns out it was being rendered on 30 RTX 2080ti's :ben: 

Ray tracing is going to be everywhere by the middle of next gen.  GT with RT will look real. :wow2: 

Yeah I saw that. A rough translation from the meeting came out regarding this project and how their R&D is working towards a next gen PlayStation solution as well.

"It is in the development stage, but how to provide real-time ray tracing value. We are also pursuing the next generation PlayStation."

We already know Polyphony Digital is R&D'ing real time ray tracing for GT.

https://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-polyphony-raytracing/

They've been showing it off on Sony's MicroLED panels. It's hard to make anything out, but I see some low res and high res reflections in there. :shrug: 

Edited by lynux3
9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So wait... hedge fund leader meeting with SIE about game sales isn't reputable, but a fuckin' random site that supposedly tracks all Gran Turismo Sport users is? :rofls: 

I like how you do reference VGChartz, but completely dismiss the other source "company disclosure". Did you even see the figure for Gran Turismo Sport on VGChartz? They have it at 3.77m so the source was obviously not VGChartz. Get rekt. :tom: 

That site tracked profile creation in real time and updated hourly. At the time of those slides releasing the game had 8.4 million profiles that of which 600,000 were beta profiles so retail 7.8 million.

GT Sport the first game in history to sell more than people exist who have it. All this guy did who mind you freely admits to using VGChartz for sourcing information, was found this site or one comparable to it, took the player profile information, rounded it to an 8 million estimate and then listed it as sales figures. 

As stated to play local multiplayer you have to log into a second profile, anyone in your home using the PS4 plays this game other than you, boom another profile. Friends, family, fucking anybody, boom another profile. At the time of this report there wasn't even the amount of profiles generated which equaled the total it was stating it had sold.

At the time the game was probably sub 5 million with a bunch of profile redundancies. Oh and i love this gem.

"Although Third Point believes the information herein to be reliable, Third Point makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of those statements or any other written or oral communication it makes with respect to the Company and any other companies mentioned"

:mj:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

That site tracked profile creation in real time and updated hourly. At the time of those slides releasing the game had 8.4 million profiles that of which 600,000 were beta profiles so retail 7.8 million.

GT Sport the first game in history to sell more than people exist who have it. All this guy did who mind you freely admits to using VGChartz for sourcing information, was found this site or one comparable to it, took the player profile information, rounded it to an 8 million estimate and then listed it as sales figures. 

As stated to play local multiplayer you have to log into a second profile, anyone in your home using the PS4 plays this game other than you, boom another profile. Friends, family, fucking anybody, boom another profile. At the time of this report there wasn't even the amount of profiles generated which equaled the total it was stating it had sold.

At the time the game was probably sub 5 million with a bunch of profile redundancies. Oh and i love this gem.

"Although Third Point believes the information herein to be reliable, Third Point makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of those statements or any other written or oral communication it makes with respect to the Company and any other companies mentioned"

Source: Company disclosure

:mj: 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Totally incorrect, the profile figures don't even amount to the estimate and it was updated every hour. The guy couldn't muster a number and pulled from profiles, it's as clear as day. 

The slide says "Source: VGChartz; company disclosure". I'm not sure how that can be totally incorrect. Let's take a look t VGChartz figures for GTS.

VGChartz: 3.77m

Process of elimination, the source is obviously not VGChartz, so it must be what Sony says. I don't see the source as "random site that generates number of GTS profiles" in there. :mj: 

Edited by lynux3
9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The slide says "Source: VGChartz; company disclosure". I'm not sure how that can be totally incorrect. Let's take a look t VGChartz figures for GTS.

VGChartz: 3.77m

Process of elimination, the source is obviously not VGChartz, so it must be what Sony says. I don't see the source as "site that generates number of GTS profiles" in there. :mj: 

God you're dumb...

Days Gone (Released in April 2019)

The Last Guardian ~1-2mm

Everybody's Golf ~1-2mm

MLB The Show ~1-2mm units per year

Does this look like someone getting information from Sony? No sales numbers for Days Gone 2 months on? No definitive numbers for The Last Guardian, Everybody's Golf or MLB The Show? No, some of the numbers are publicly disclosed like God of War's or Horizon's, others are ripped from stats sites like GTS because there's nothing else to go on and what's said lines up with that, and the others are ripped from VGChartz. 

As stated this bumbling fucking idiot also listed Kojima Productions as a Sony in-house studio, they're fucking independent. Anyone could have put this crap together, and more accurately :mj:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

God you're dumb...

Days Gone (Released in April 2019)

The Last Guardian ~1-2mm

Everybody's Golf ~1-2mm

MLB The Show ~1-2mm units per year

Does this look like someone getting information from Sony? No sales numbers for Days Gone 2 months on? No definitive numbers for The Last Guardian, Everybody's Golf or MLB The Show? No, some of the numbers are publicly disclosed like God of War's or Horizon's, others are ripped from stats sites like GTS because there's nothing else to go on and what's said lines up with that, and the others are ripped from VGChartz. 

As stated this bumbling fucking idiots also listed Kojima Productions as a Sony in-house studio, they're fucking independent. :mj:

I get where you're coming from, so I'll give you some slack. 7m units sold. :trump:

That’s exactly what me and Aza have been saying for years. Xbox’s problems didn’t start this gen, they were becoming apparent in the second half of last gen.

Through devs being sold, bought out or closed Microsoft found themselves in a situation where all they had to offer people every year was some combination of Halo, Gears, Forza or 30 day time exclusive CoD map packs. No real gamer could survive on that garbage. All 3 of those exclusives were rapidly becoming stale too and to top it all off Microsoft gave a big “fuck you” to gamers while they went off chasing the casual crowd as Xbox put all their support behind Kinect.

When Xbox one came around, aside from a number of bone headed moves like drm and shit hardware, they seemed to have this idea that HALOGEARSFORZA would carry the system again, but not only were these games already stale years ago, but this time 2 of them were developed by inferior devs and they were lucky to pull in scores like an 8.0 at best.

Not to mention it’s very questionable about how microsoft supports its developers. Platinum games have churned out some heavy hitters, with microsoft their game gets cancelled. With Microsoft Insomniac puts out Sunset overdrive which was forgettable, with Sony they put out spiderman which was miles better.

Microsoft just does not have the capability to make great games anymore. So now they run around trying to buy out every other developer :tom: but given their track record everything they touch tends to turn to shit.