Aim Assist in console multiplayer needs to go away

Aim Assist is the single worst thing about console multiplayer. It limits your skill threshold significantly so I always prefer disabling it yet gives your opponents just enough unfair advantage to make it worthwhile. It undermines the competitive balance of a game to the point that it's baffling how it was allowed to become a standard thing to begin with. It's lazy and caters to the lowest common casual denominator.

This is the reason I'm still playing Uncharted 4 MP, Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG on consoles. Because these games respect their players enough to not hold their hands while doing something as integral to skill level as aiming at opponents with an equivalent of a barely functioning aimbot. There's no defending this bullshit.

It doesn't need to be "optional" or separate from the "hardcore mode". It needs to go away and never come back again.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's because I would use a mouse and keyboard and play on PC.

And yet I don't use a mouse and keyboard on consoles and can still get kills like this without aim assist:

Maybe you should get better

Edited by Vini
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Someone standing still and then someone walking into your timed shot?

:mj:

Bitch please, show me your kills that are not aided by autopilot cod/fortnite aim assist

Edited by Vini

aim assist is the worst feature to ever implement in video games. and while i find it awfully comedic to see people playing shooter with gamepad because its so clunky and imprecise i still think its fun for single player

i always get confused whenever i play a pc port and i see aim assist in the options. :|  like no, i'm a grown man, i can aim for myself otherwise i wouldnt be playing this shit :|