Ori and the Blind Forest Switch Demo tomorrow - progress carries into full game

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I guarantee you it wont :reg: 

Honestly, if someone already has an Xbox One or a PC there's literally zero reason to play this game on Switch. I'd rather experience the best versions of the game. :shrug: Switch could be riddled with audio quality issues or something stupid like that that we've seen the past year. The Xbox One even has a physical copy for $14.99.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Honestly, if someone already has an Xbox One or a PC there's literally zero reason to play this game on Switch. I'd rather experience the best versions of the game. :shrug: Switch could be riddled with audio quality issues or something stupid like that that we've seen the past year. The Xbox One even has a physical copy for $14.99.

I was actually just attempting to make a joke.  I was waiting for you or Gouko to respond that I would be wrong, but the joke being that this thread is about a free demo.  So I doubt it would "outsell" the Xbox version. :smug: 

You didn't really bite how I intended, so here we are. :meh: 

Honestly though, in response to your post... portability for games like this IS a very valid reason for wanting the game on Switch.  So I'm sure it will sell great.  People will buy this game again just for the portability I'm sure.

dev one the demo. 

"It contains the entire beginning with the prologue, etc. up until the point where you reach the Spirit Tree.

We did the demo for a few reasons: First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch. Secondly, we saw a few people who weren't interested in platformers who then tried BlindForest and got hooked. So we always regretted not having a demo on the Xbox and on Steam, cause there's a lot of people who aren't into platformers, but who still got a huge kick out of Blind Forest once they tried it. So now everyone has an easy, free way of trying it :)

The demo launches at 9am PST / 6pm CEST today (Friday)! :)"

TLHBO

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

dev one the demo. 

"It contains the entire beginning with the prologue, etc. up until the point where you reach the Spirit Tree.

We did the demo for a few reasons: First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch. Secondly, we saw a few people who weren't interested in platformers who then tried BlindForest and got hooked. So we always regretted not having a demo on the Xbox and on Steam, cause there's a lot of people who aren't into platformers, but who still got a huge kick out of Blind Forest once they tried it. So now everyone has an easy, free way of trying it :)

The demo launches at 9am PST / 6pm CEST today (Friday)! :)"

TLHBO

TLHBFR :roff:

So, its not like they're throwing up an old promotional demo build for download.  They specifically took their final build and created a demo from that.

Demos are really starting to have a comeback on the Switch, because maybe publishers see the opportunity to increase the chances of sales if they go that extra mile.

• Like 1
Just now, jehurey said:

So, its not like they're throwing up an old promotional demo build for download.  They specifically took their final build and created a demo from that.

Demos are really starting to have a comeback on the Switch, because maybe publishers see the opportunity to increase the chances of sales if they go that extra mile.

i'm going to try the dragon quest one. 

• Upvote 1

Switch taking us back to the pro-consumer days :bow: 

-LENGTHY Demoes for pretty much every major release

-Championing physical retail releases

-AAAE's and new exclusives every week

-1st party support out the ass

-The best new indie titles as exclusives or first release on Switch

God bless this little system. Real Gamer certified #1 platform in the industry. :bow: 

9 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Switch taking us back to the pro-consumer days :bow: 

-LENGTHY Demoes for pretty much every major release

-Championing physical retail releases

-AAAE's and new exclusives every week

-1st party support out the ass

-The best new indie titles as exclusives or first release on Switch

God bless this little system. Real Gamer certified #1 platform in the industry. :bow: 

i can truly say i have too much to play on switch.