Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and The Division 2 are the best FPS games I ever seen or played.

13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

They're definitely both repetitive as fuck. :holeup:

Have you played Gears 5 campaign?

It's like stepping back 10 years into the past.     With terrible controls, cheap enemies, allied team mates that act like audience fans cheering you on than actually holding their own. 

Graphically Gears 5 is even bad. 

2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Have you played Gears 5 campaign?

It's like stepping back 10 years into the past.     With terrible controls, cheap enemies, allied team mates that act like audience fans cheering you on than actually holding their own. 

Graphically Gears 5 is even bad. 

I haven't played Gears 5 yet, but I did enjoy the shit out of co-op Ghost Recon: Wildlands and original The Division game. I platinum'd both. I have The Division 2 and started it, but got caught up playing other games and haven't finished it. They're both good, but they have the good ol' standard Ubisoft gameplay loop and repetition. I still enjoyed them for what they were. Solid 8s.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I haven't played Gears 5 yet, but I did enjoy the shit out of co-op Ghost Recon: Wildlands and original The Division game. I platinum'd both. I have The Division 2 and started it, but got caught up playing other games and haven't finished it. They're both good, but they have the good ol' standard Ubisoft gameplay loop and repetition. I still enjoyed them for what they were. Solid 8s.

I'm not sure what you mean by loop and repetition, if you're playing the missions, there's progress, you're progressing through to beating the game.     

Ghost Recon's open world makes it better than all 3 games mentioned in this thread, it's literally like GTA5 or Saints Row. 

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I'm not sure what you mean by loop and repetition, if you're playing the missions, there's progress, you're progressing through to beating the game.     

Ghost Recon's open world makes it better than all 3 games mentioned in this thread, it's literally like GTA5 or Saints Row. 

For Ghost Recon, the missions are more or less the same... take out this guy, listen in on these dudes, sneak up here without being detected, rinse and repeat. The only time it deviated from this were those one off missions like the Predator (which was badass), etc.

I appreciated the open world of Ghost Recon, but literally found myself wanting to fast travel or use a chopper at all times. I upgraded by rebel ops shit as quickly as possible so I could just spawn a chopper on demand. lol

Just now, lynux3 said:

For Ghost Recon, the missions are more or less the same... take out this guy, listen in on these dudes, sneak up here without being detected, rinse and repeat. The only time it deviated from this were those one off missions like the Predator (which was badass), etc.

I appreciated the open world of Ghost Recon, but literally found myself wanting to fast travel or use a chopper at all times. I upgraded by rebel ops shit as quickly as possible so I could just spawn a chopper on demand. lol

yeah fast travel is in The Division 2 too.  Improvements, but then you do get the ability to travel in vehicles on open roads so Fast travel is not really a necessity with this game IMO.

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

yeah fast travel is in The Division 2 too.  Improvements, but then you do get the ability to travel in vehicles on open roads so Fast travel is not really a necessity with this game IMO.

Don't get me wrong though, the game is great. I really liked it otherwise I wouldn't have done all the shit to read the lore of the story and what not. The ending was a travesty unfortunately (both of them), but it's about what I expected. In the OG Division I never really fast traveled, but my biggest complaint with the game was the loot system and skill levels. It's not super complicated, but its more complicated than it needs to be. I didn't play The Division 2 enough to see if it improved any.

Also, The Division's season pass additions were repetitive shit shows, but the rewards were decent. Destiny still does loot/skill system the best so far even if they did fuck it up in Destiny 2.

I haven't played Destiny, so I don't know, but I have played 3 TPS this year. The Division 2, Ghost Recon, and Gears 5.   Gears 5 control are terrible.  You can hardly maneuver with ease in combat.  The enemies play like 90s FPS games where the instantly target you, come after you, and know exactly where you at, where as in Tom Clancy's games the enemy AI are intelligent.  

No weapon modding with Gears, the game constantly force you to use certain weapons at certain points of the game, it is pure archaic style FPS/TPS games from 2000s when FPS/TPS games were cheap and unrealistic.  

Coming from The Division 2 to Gears 5 led me see how garbage the massive hyped games like Gears are trash money grabs. 

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

FZQOb4N.png

uAoFjlp.png

1XwNF5L.png

:hest: 

Literally means nothing in the face of dozens and dozens of reviews, how many times must this be gone over?

None of this stuff exists in a vacuum. This is like Gouk talking about US sales for the Switch while the PS4 was dumping all over it globally. 

The biggest proof that he's right is the active online players for those franchises.

Ubisoft ended up doing like 2 or 3 seasons of DLC missions for Ghost Recon, basically right up to the point where they're about to release another main game in the series, and they just had a transitional DLC mission just 4 months ago that ties it to the upcoming game.

That's amazing.

And the DIvision 1 had a large active player base, and it appears that Ubisoft has successfully moved all of them over to Division 2.

Ubisoft is in a very good place with how they're handling those two franchises. The players who are still playing those games is the best indicator.

Gears 5, on the other hand..........you let me know the status of their active userbase 2 months from now.