Epic paid nearly 10m euro for Control exclusivity

Cost to make Control was reportedly 20-30m euro

Really awesome to get these numbers cause it really sheds light on the safety it provides the developers. This deal probably turns Control from a failure into a success. 

Near 50% of production cost to sell exclusively on EGS when you're mulitplat on consoles also is a no brainer.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

jesus, how in the hell can they afford this for all these games?

they can pay 10m for exclusive rights to a niche game like control, but MS couldn't shell out 5m to finish the production of phantom dust? :D 

Dude... Fortnite is making them BILLIONS... Fortnite alone in 2018 made almost 2.5 Billion.  That's not to mention they're very successful in their other ventures as well.  One guy made a video going over just how much money Epic has and attempts to answer the question of "how long can Epic keep this up for?"... and it was something like "They could do this shit all day..." Epic has Big Dick™ money and Tim ain't afraid to throw it around to get what he wants.

I guarantee we see some other Sony games come to Epic in the future... and I wouldn't be surprised to see Epic build a few studios in the future as well.

i like the unreal engine but everything else is shitty. the fact they made a lot of money with that trash game scamming the fuck out of kiddies is despicable. I hope they all die and their shitty game with it.