Ori Switch vs Xbox One comparison

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I Google'd "ori and the blind forest xbox one stuttering" and find nothing but a bunch of PosC stuttering issues. :drake: 

Literally the first result is a thread on Giantbomb about it :tom: 

And wow, some people on PC had some issues?  You don't say!! :woo: 

Not me though... 4K 165fps :glad: 

Ori-DE-2019-09-21-19-25-17-890.png

:juggle: 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I play ori on the most powerful console in the world and I hate it when this happens:         

Xbox1 drops 2 frames a couple of times in the video, while Switch was locked 60fps.

Xbox sucks so bad LOL

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Literally the first result is a thread on Giantbomb about it :tom: 

And wow, some people on PC had some issues?  You don't say!! :woo: 

Not me though... 4K 165fps :glad: 

Ori-DE-2019-09-21-19-25-17-890.png

:juggle: 

I can see the stutter in that still image. :holeup:

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And with that image you can see why it's not X enhanced, the art is stuck at its source resolution. 

The higher res does clean up certain elements though, like Ori and enemies... but yea, it's largely the same.

Ori 2 though.. :whew:  Designed for 4K and 60fps+.  Unity has been improved a ton, as well as other optimizations to it.  It's going to look glorious... especially in HDR :dame:

ac523eaf-c16d-4143-bad2-f6c033ce2282.jpg

It was a good con by MS to release this on Switch relatively close to the launch of Ori 2 on PC/Xbox.  It's good marketing.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Do you think that was their motivation?

I think it's possible that with games like Cuphead and Ori they're definitely looking at widening the player base (These games are a perfect fit for the type of console Switch is) and using that to their advantage by drawing fans of these genres into these franchises.  I think when you look at what's coming.. you give them Cuphead, Ori... games like that.. then the sequels release for PC and Xbox and they see them on gamepass.  They're either going to buy the game, or sub to play the game at launch.

This Ori release on Switch gets them in the news cycle again, and if the game does really well.. it all leads to positive energy going into Ori 2's launch.

If Switch ever gets Cuphead 2 or Ori 2 or whatever, it's not going to be for a long time after they've released on PC and Xbox.  I do in fact think that's the plan.  They also fit well for the console and aren't strictly first party MS games, so there's no reason to not allow them on there.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I think it's possible that with games like Cuphead and Ori they're definitely looking at widening the player base (These games are a perfect fit for the type of console Switch is) and using that to their advantage by drawing fans of these genres into these franchises.  I think when you look at what's coming.. you give them Cuphead, Ori... games like that.. then the sequels release for PC and Xbox and they see them on gamepass.  They're either going to buy the game, or sub to play the game at launch.

This Ori release on Switch gets them in the news cycle again, and if the game does really well.. it all leads to positive energy going into Ori 2's launch.

If Switch ever gets Cuphead 2 or Ori 2 or whatever, it's not going to be for a long time after they've released on PC and Xbox.  I do in fact think that's the plan.  They also fit well for the console and aren't strictly first party MS games, so there's no reason to not allow them on there.

Bait people into the ecosystem basically, get them to fall in love with something and then not offer a follow up game on that particular platform. Not a bad idea. 

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Bait people into the ecosystem basically, get them to fall in love with something and then not offer a follow up game on that particular platform. Not a bad idea. 

It happens all the time.  Especially between PC and consoles.  Pubs will use PC releases as marketing to build up hype around a new release, which is often console exclusive.. for a time anyway.  Now a lot of PC games release day and date with their console counterparts, but there's still that wait a lot of the time.

SEGA release Bayonetta on PC in 2017, and later that year Bayo 1+2 and 3 were announced for Switch.  I feel that's definitely planned.

If I play it and become a huge Bayonetta fan.. then you hear that ALL the games are playable on a Switch... and that Bayo 3 will be exclusive to Switch with no chance of coming to PC... then you're like... shit I'm gonna pick up a Switch. 

I honestly don't think MS has any current plans to offer Ori 2 on Switch.  But I think those plans could change depending on just how well Ori does on Switch.  I'm sure lots of Ori fans who own both consoles will buy the game again on Switch just for portability.  If it does really really well, then I could see Ori 2 happening way down the line.

It happens all the time.  Especially between PC and consoles.  Pubs will use PC releases as marketing to build up hype around a new release, which is often console exclusive.. for a time anyway.  Now a lot of PC games release day and date with their console counterparts, but there's still that wait a lot of the time.

SEGA release Bayonetta on PC in 2017, and later that year Bayo 1+2 and 3 were announced for Switch.  

If play it and become a huge Bayonetta fan.. then you hear that ALL the games are playable on a Switch... and that Bayo 3 will be exclusive to Switch with no chance of coming to PC... then you're like... shit I'm gonna pick up a Switch.

I honestly don't think MS has any current plans to offer Ori 2 on Switch.  But I think those plans could change depending on just how well Ori does on Switch.  I'm sure lots of Ori fans who own both consoles will buy the game again on Switch just for portability.  If it does really really well, then I could see Ori 2 happening way down the line.

E.G. Red Dead Redemption 2 

E.G. Red Dead Redemption 2 

Exactly...pretty much the GTA5 formula.

RDR2 will absolutely come to PC.  It seems that there's been movement recently so I wouldn't expect too much longer till an announcement.. but it depends on how they're going to do it this time around.

GTA5 release on PS3/360, then the PS4/XO versions, then the PC after that.  There are people who've bought the game 3 times because there was a clear reason for doing so.  First release - improved visuals - improved visuals & performance.

With RDR2, I think the PC version will be similar to the current gen console version, but obviously offer improved performance and effects and stuff like that.  But then 8-12 months after that, a next gen console version releases with much improved visuals and whatever else.  And again, I can see people buying the game 3 times.

Exactly...pretty much the GTA5 formula.

RDR2 will absolutely come to PC.  It seems that there's been movement recently so I wouldn't expect too much longer till an announcement.. but it depends on how they're going to do it this time around.

GTA5 release on PS3/360, then the PS4/XO versions, then the PC after that.  There are people who've bought the game 3 times because there was a clear reason for doing so.  First release - improved visuals - improved visuals & performance.

With RDR2, I think the PC version will be similar to the current gen console version, but obviously offer improved performance and effects and stuff like that.  But then 8-12 months after that, a next gen console version releases with much improved visuals and whatever else.  And again, I can see people buying the game 3 times.

They'll likely do the same again, release a next-gen version and then a PC version a few months after. So likely another 18 months for PC. 

They'll likely do the same again, release a next-gen version and then a PC version a few months after. So likely another 18 months for PC. 

It definitely could be.

The only thing that makes me doubt it is that PS5/Scarlett will both be backwards compatible, so maybe they won't even bother.  It's not like GTA5 where they needed to create a new version.

It's possible the PC version could be the last version they make, and all focus is moved onto the console versions of GTA6.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It definitely could be.

The only thing that makes me doubt it is that PS5/Scarlett will both be backwards compatible, so maybe they won't even bother.  It's not like GTA5 where they needed to create a new version.

It's possible the PC version could be the last version they make, and all focus is moved onto the console versions of GTA6.

If they could get that game to 4K 30 on the Xbox One X I would suspect they could push 4K-8K at 60 FPS. There's motivation for it. 

58 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Cuphead last delicious course was already announced as Day 1, with Xbox1 and PC. 

Won't be surprised if ORI 2 launches on Switch soon after the Xbox release. 

25 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If they could get that game to 4K 30 on the Xbox One X I would suspect they could push 4K-8K at 60 FPS. There's motivation for it. 

Eh.. so all that would entail is removing the fps cap and bumping the resolution.  Nothing that requires a new release.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Could be.  We'll see.

Yup... and one thing to also remember. 

The original rumor about Xbox games on Switch... which so far has been 100% (even the order of games was correct)... did say that Gamepass would come to Switch as well. 

We will see