• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well all be dead before part 4 Even comes out

This fucking game    Shit has me like this:  

i dont care if its 2 or 3 parts i thought someone said it on sw they making 2 now. I thought the game looked awful at first but now im hyped and will wait until all parts released. you can make fun of it, doesnt bother me.

they obviously gonna revamp a lot of it. im not a fan of that episode system either but what can I do, i will wait and see how it turns out. im not judging the game based on the plot and time spent of the original.

im just glad i like where the game is going, the action combat system sounded awful at first but now im ok with it. 

dont judge a book by its cover :trump:

Just now, kaz said:

they obviously gonna revamp a lot of it. im not a fan of that episode system either but what can I do, i will wait and see how it turns out. im not judging the game based on the plot and time spent of the original.

im just glad i like where the game is going, the action combat system sounded awful at first but now im ok with it. 

dont judge a book by its cover :trump:

I’d be excited if this was being handled by someone who’s shown they’re competent to deliver a project in a reasonable time frame. But it’s Nomura. It’s going to be ten years for episode 2.

5 years from announcement to release for just the first 4 hours of ffvii :will:

10 years for ffxv and 14 years for kh3 :will:

guy is a hack

1 minute ago, Delita said:

I’d be excited if this was being handled by someone who’s shown they’re competent to deliver a project in a reasonable time frame. But it’s Nomura. It’s going to be ten years for episode 2.

guy is a hack

yea true :D  

17 minutes ago, Delita said:

guy is a hack

to be fair, he worked on all three games you mentioned and all were basically started (or re-started) and finished this gen. even if you take away ffxv (since he left at the end), one kh game and one part of ff7 is actually a decent output for an rpg director in this day and age when 5 years is quickly becoming the norm for dev cycles.

also ff7 part 1 took 5 years to release, starting from nothing. no code, assets, models, gameplay, etc. they have a way better starting point for part 2 than 1.

6 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

multiplat confirmed.

No shit.  It was announced as "coming first to Playstation"

Epic gave the FF7R team the "Unreal Eye Candy award" and Kitase posed for a picture with the award and his favorite GPU

EE5K5-NUUAAWqXY?format=jpg&name=small

:glad: 

This game on PC is going to be insane. :noah:

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

to be fair, he worked on all three games you mentioned and all were basically started (or re-started) and finished this gen. even if you take away ffxv (since he left at the end), one kh game and one part of ff7 is actually a decent output for an rpg director in this day and age when 5 years is quickly becoming the norm for dev cycles.

also ff7 part 1 took 5 years to release, starting from nothing. no code, assets, models, gameplay, etc. they have a way better starting point for part 2 than 1.

I’ll give you that, I mean, he did deliver 2 rpgs this gen when you look at it.

i just think his priorities are out of wack going by what I’ve read of this project and how he said he’s not sure how many episodes there’s going to be yet. It took 5 years built from scratch, but , by their own admittance, is just midgar. After 5 years this is it? I know they said it will have the content of a full game...but why? 

This like a mgs2 remake and after 5 years we get a 40 hr episode 1 of just the tanker section. And then 5 more years till we probably get the next piece. Who asked for this?

it’s true they have a lot in place already set for any further episodes but the overworkd alone is going to be a massive undertaking for episode 2 that’ll negate any advantages they already had coming in. Ep 1 is just midgar and focused, ep2 will open up the entire world so I don’t see it taking any serious less time than ep1 imo

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

This fucking game :dame:

Shit has me like this:

EFQpCf2X4AE8HJh?format=jpg&name=900x900

yea im actually on board. I always stay quite when you say ff7 is your fav game but it actually is mine too for obvious reasons. it really was the game that introduced me to rpgs. :glad: 

2 hours ago, Delita said:

I’ll give you that, I mean, he did deliver 2 rpgs this gen when you look at it.

i just think his priorities are out of wack going by what I’ve read of this project and how he said he’s not sure how many episodes there’s going to be yet. It took 5 years built from scratch, but , by their own admittance, is just midgar. After 5 years this is it? I know they said it will have the content of a full game...but why? 

This like a mgs2 remake and after 5 years we get a 40 hr episode 1 of just the tanker section. And then 5 more years till we probably get the next piece. Who asked for this?

it’s true they have a lot in place already set for any further episodes but the overworkd alone is going to be a massive undertaking for episode 2 that’ll negate any advantages they already had coming in. Ep 1 is just midgar and focused, ep2 will open up the entire world so I don’t see it taking any serious less time than ep1 imo

I actually think midgar at the beginning does require so much time because everything about it is massive. The environments are not the same as in the original and I'm sure they pan the story out. I mean think about the tilesit, assets, graphics.

I have no idea how they gonna do the overworld but it won't be anything like in the original. I wouldn't be surprised if they botch it down to a hundred set pieces just to tell the story and all the overworld moments like the buggy, ship, airship, golden chocobos are shoved into it as well. 

like for example one of my fav moments is the random encounter with yuffie in the overworld and then chasing her to wutai after she stole the materia. this would be one set piece of course. 

Edited by kaz
52 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The only shit thing is the game will be split across generations so there's definitely going to be a gap in visual fidelity... assuming they don't upgrade part 1's visuals when part 2 comes around.

Doesn't that dumb down next gens version? I don't want reskinned ps4 game. They also won't want to waste assets.  Strange...

55 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The only shit thing is the game will be split across generations so there's definitely going to be a gap in visual fidelity... assuming they don't upgrade part 1's visuals when part 2 comes around.

nah... the difference won't be huge, if even noticeable.