Death Stranding has gone gold; doesn't require PlayStation Plus for online

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You are beyond retarded. 

No, you both are retarded.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/death_stranding_wont_require_ps_plus_to_access_multiplayer_features_on_ps4

https://www.ladbible.com/technology/gaming-death-stranding-online-features-wont-need-playstation-plus-20190927

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/26/death-standing-has-gone-gold-and-ps-plus-is-not-required-for-online-10810681/

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/26/death-stranding-online-multiplayer-doesnt-require-playstation-plus/

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67807/death-strandings-unique-multiplayer-require-ps-plus/index.html

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You both have reading comprehension issues apparently. Once again, read the thread title and the supporting evidence. Here let me help you both by making the text bigger and throwing in some color.

Thread title: "Death Stranding has gone gold; doesn't require PlayStation Plus for online"

Label: "DEATH STRANDING™ does not require PlayStation®Plus subscription"

You understand what is going on now? :snoop:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i hope the final game is great. the previews have been so underwhelming. 

Statement 1: Paid-for PlayStation-Plus subscription required for online multiplayer. - This simply tells you that you will need PS+ if you want to play multiplayer.   Statement 2:  Sold Sepa

No, because it does require PlayStation Plus for online multiplayer. No one is having reading comprehension issues here but yourself.    Paid for PlayStation Plus subscription required for

Posted Images

Just now, lynux3 said:

Every single one of these idiots has completely misunderstood what that is saying. 

It's quite clear to anyone with the slightest bit of observation, it's telling you that it's not an online only game i.e. "Death Stranding does not require a PlayStation Plus Subscription" to play the game , but in the event you want to make use of multiplayer functionality a PlayStation Plus subscription is required and is sold separately. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Every single one of these idiots has completely misunderstood what that is saying. 

It's quite clear to anyone with the slightest bit of observation, it's telling you that it's not an online only game i.e. "Death Stranding does not require a PlayStation Plus Subscription" to play the game , but in the event you want to make use of multiplayer functionality a PlayStation Plus subscription is required and is sold separately. 

I guess we'll find out on Nov. 8th who the real idiot is. :cmpunk1:

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no need to wait, it's as clear as day to anyone who's not a fucking idiot. It would say "Death Stranding does not require a PlayStation Plus subscription for online play". 

Bookmarked. :trump:

Regardless of who ends up right or wrong.  I agree with DynamiteCop.  Reading it as it is.. it's obvious that they're saying PS+ is required to play online for the console in general.. but Death Stranding (the bundled game) doesn't require a PS+ subscription since you don't require multiplayer for it.

It's a way of saying "this game we're giving you in the bundle doesn't require you to spend another $60" or whatever it is...

Just now, Remij_ said:

Regardless of who ends up right or wrong.  I agree with DynamiteCop.  Reading it as it is.. it's obvious that they're saying PS+ is required to play online for the console in general.. but Death Stranding (the bundled game) doesn't require a PS+ subscription since you don't require multiplayer for it.

:cmpunk2:

26 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's a way of saying "this game we're giving you in the bundle doesn't require you to spend another $60" or whatever it is...

No, this is not how it reads, but I can understand how you can be mislead to that. If this was the case you might as well slap that label on all single player games... which after almost 6 years is a given that PlayStation Plus isn't required to play a single player game. Why start now?

Here's where the gap is in understanding why that label exists. Death Stranding's "multiplayer" is asynchronous/non-synchronous which means it's not happening in real time.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/05/30/death-stranding-multiplayer-asynchronous/#/slide/1

According to PlayStation.com, Death Stranding will allow players to “assist” one another. What this amounts to is an asynchronous multiplayer experience, which receives a succinct outline in the following description: “Help other travellers without ever crossing paths via asynchronous online gameplay. Send supplies, share safe houses and walk in the footsteps of fellow couriers to reunite civilization.”

PlayStation Plus's policy regarding online multiplayer:

You also do not need to be a member of PlayStation Plus to play non-synchronous games on the PlayStation 4. Synchronous games are games where two consoles need to be synched up to communicate with each other in real time - for example if you are playing co-op or competition mode on a shooting or racing game. Non-synchronous games mean that the two consoles do not need to be communicating in real time – for example when playing turn based games like chess.

Edited by lynux3
5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No, this is not how it reads, but I can understand how you can be mislead to that. If this was the case you might as well slap that label on all single player games... which after almost 6 years is a given that PlayStation Plus isn't required to play a single player game. Why start now?

Here's where the gap is in understanding why that label exists. Death Stranding's "multiplayer" is asynchronous/non-synchronous which means it's not happening in real time.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/05/30/death-stranding-multiplayer-asynchronous/#/slide/1

PlayStation Plus's policy regarding online multiplayer:

It reads exactly like it reads.

You saying "no it doesn't.. it reads like this..." and then listing a bunch of shit that you'd "have to know" in order for it to read that way... doesn't help your argument.

I already told you I don't give a shit who's right.  I'm sure Death Stranding doesn't require PS+... who really fucking cares?  The game doesn't require an internet connection... and it lets you play online without PS+.  Yay!  That game where you interact with people in an asynchronous manner doesn't require $60 a month extra... which you're likely already paying for or were going to pay for anyway...  whoop de-fucking-doo. :woo: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It reads exactly like it reads.

You saying "no it doesn't.. it reads like this..." and then listing a bunch of shit that you'd "have to know" in order for it to read that way... doesn't help your argument.

I already told you I don't give a shit who's right.  I'm sure Death Stranding doesn't require PS+... who really fucking cares?  The game doesn't require an internet connection... and it lets you play online without PS+.  Yay!  That game where you interact with people in an asynchronous manner doesn't require $60 a month extra... which you're likely already paying for or were going to pay for anyway...  whoop de-fucking-doo. :woo: 

It's well documented that Sony is required to make it clear about PlayStation Plus requirements in the EU which is why this label only exists on EU packaging.

If you don't care then GTFO. :camby:

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's well documented that Sony is required to make it clear about PlayStation Plus requirements in the EU which is why this label only exists on EU packaging.

If you don't care then GTFO. :camby:

WHOOP-DE-FUCKING-DOO~~~

The context that is being missed is that that is the label on the DS Pro bundle. Not the game.

meaning the initial statement is reference to needing ps plus sub for MP on the PS4 pro console (for other games). A label that is on every console sold in certain regions. 

That statement is then followed up by saying that DS doesn’t require ps plus at all. So basically, ‘you need Plus for MP games however you don’t need it for the game that is bundled’.

Definitely a little confusing and can be interpreted multiple ways but I think Lynux is right. Whatever shared world DS has won’t require PS Plus, whether it be some dark souls esque stuff or more. I doubt it had a dedicated MP mode. 

We’ll see soon enough

On 2019-09-28 at 1:36 AM, Remij_ said:

why the hell don't I get any credit.  I'm the first person to point it out in this thread wasn't I? :D 

/thread @lynux3owned /bookmarked.

Edited by Spicalicious
9 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

why the hell don't I get any credit.  I'm the first person to point it out in this thread wasn't I? :D 

/thread @lynux3owned /bookmarked.

Typically games that require PlayStation Plus will also be labeled as such in the PlayStation Store. Death Stranding is not one of them. :reg: 

Edited by lynux3
16 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Typically games that require PlayStation Plus will also be labeled as such in the PlayStation Store. Death Stranding is not one of them. :reg: 

Yeah the online aspect like in Dark souls is free otherwise it would break the game.  Whether or not the game has actual multiplayer is something else entirely. 

Edited by Spicalicious
1 hour ago, Spicalicious said:

Yeah the online aspect like in Dark souls is free otherwise it would break the game.  Whether or not the game has actual multiplayer is something else entirely. 

It's already confirmed to have non-synchronous multiplayer, this isn't a question of that. The question is the interpretation of the label, and so far it doesn't line up with you or DynamiteCop. Death Stranding's non-synchronous multiplayer simply doesn't require Plus as indicated by the label. 

• 1 month later...
On 2019-09-28 at 12:34 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no need to wait, it's as clear as day to anyone who's not a fucking idiot. It would say "Death Stranding does not require a PlayStation Plus subscription for online play". 

:rofls: 

• Haha 1