Ever go into a job interview with a resume that had fake credentials?

i remember you asking something shady like this before but all i come up with was the time when aza made a thread about fake certificates for degrees :ben:

and well yeah you could try but i would still use a company that exists. i wouldn't do it though, honesty is valued way too high when you think about hiring someone. 

Edited by kaz

i have a good friend who wanted to get into tv. he had 0 work experience, but i knew he was a damn good editor/compositor and camera guy. so,  i told him to say he worked for me, as a freelance videographer/editor for 3 years. i have several side companies and just gave him the name of one to use. the place, he sent a resume to, called me. i raved about my friend's work ethic and finished products. he got the job and has been kicking ass since. sometimes, you got to do shady shit to help out a brother. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i have a good friend who wanted to get into tv. he had 0 work experience, but i knew he was a damn good editor/compositor and camera guy. so,  i told him to say he worked for me, as a freelance videographer/editor for 3 years. i have a several side companies and just gave him the name of one to use. the place, he sent a resume to, called me. i raved about my friend's work ethic and finished products. he got the job and has been kicking ass since. sometimes, you got to do shady shit to help out a brother. 

Nothing wrong with this. 

If the guy can legitimately do a good job, which he can, he deserved it. If anything, you're doing the company a favor by sending them someone who's good, but just doesn't seem good on paper. 

Companies these days are retarded and require 5+ years of experience.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Nothing wrong with this. 

If the guy can legitimately do a good job, which he can, he deserved it. If anything, you're doing the company a favor by sending them someone who's good, but just doesn't seem good on paper. 

Companies these days are retarded and require 5+ years of experience.

yup. and they hire the worst people. now, i take care of the hiring in my department. i know when someone is full of shit. i couldn't care less about their job history. i want to see, in person, what they can do with adobe premiere and after effects. 

25 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Not necessarily. How? Now that I think of it, that's really hard to verify conclusively.

Why would they have to verify it conclusively? Unless you're faking a presence for the company it's going to end a background check real quick when nobody can find any way to contact them.

Recruiters and employers have ridiculously high standards nowadays, and won’t hire anyone who doesn’t fit their perfect criteria....and they don’t even know exactly what that includes. I quit my job Friday and am not looking forward to getting back into the job search market.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Recruiters and employers have ridiculously high standards nowadays, and won’t hire anyone who doesn’t fit their perfect criteria....and they don’t even know exactly what that includes. I quit my job Friday and am not looking forward to getting back into the job search market.

Masters degree, 5 years min experience in the job you’re applying for.

12 dollars an hour starting off.

Edited by Delita
Just now, Delita said:

Masters degree, 5 years min experience.

12 dollars an hour starting off.

Most employers pull this bullshit so they can outsource their labor and pay an immigrant less than half of the normal pay.

On 2019-09-30 at 2:04 PM, Hot Sauce said:

Why would they have to verify it conclusively? Unless you're faking a presence for the company it's going to end a background check real quick when nobody can find any way to contact them.

Accusing an employee of lying is a pretty serious step for a professional firm. So they'd probably say "not verified" rather than "lying" without proof, to avoid a lawsuit. 

A background check is the final stages of an interview process. The company wants to hire you. 

Depending on how it's spinned, it's possible to get away with it.