Ever go into a job interview with a resume that had fake credentials?

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

Accusing an employee of lying is a pretty serious step for a professional firm. So they'd probably say "not verified" rather than "lying" without proof, to avoid a lawsuit. 

What part of what I said suggested they would accuse you of lying? :ben:

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

A background check is the final stages of an interview process. The company wants to hire you. 

Depending on how it's spinned, it's possible to get away with it. 

It's also possible to get away with it by them just not bothering to do a background check, too. Like I'd bet you'd get 10 jobs where that's the case before you got 1 that got from spinning a failed background check.

I would use a real company because confirming the company exists and can be reached for confirmation of employment is a two step process that a fake company will fail immediately where as a real one at least requires them to actually call the company rather than your fake reference. If you think a fake company is better because unverified employment history is better than an employer saying 'Who?' when asked, go for it. Maybe you're right.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

What part of what I said suggested they would accuse you of lying? :ben:

It's also possible to get away with it by them just not bothering to do a background check, too. Like I'd bet you'd get 10 jobs where that's the case before you got 1 that got from spinning a failed background check.

I would use a real company because confirming the company exists and can be reached for confirmation of employment is a two step process that a fake company will fail immediately where as a real one at least requires them to actually call the company rather than your fake reference. If you think a fake company is better because unverified employment history is better than an employer saying 'Who?' when asked, go for it. Maybe you're right.

yea exactly. i don't know how he doesn't understand looking up a company that doesn't exist is way easier and faster than getting a feedback from a former employer.

On 2019-09-30 at 1:06 PM, -GD- said:

i have a good friend who wanted to get into tv. he had 0 work experience, but i knew he was a damn good editor/compositor and camera guy. so,  i told him to say he worked for me, as a freelance videographer/editor for 3 years. i have several side companies and just gave him the name of one to use. the place, he sent a resume to, called me. i raved about my friend's work ethic and finished products. he got the job and has been kicking ass since. sometimes, you got to do shady shit to help out a brother. 

That is pretty cool my opinion of -GayDude- went up slightly :mickeyj:

• Haha 1