Shawn Layden has departed Sony

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yakuza would have been dead in the west if not for him - Guy has my respect and Sony is worse off for losing him.

There are too many talented people in the business not to be replacable. The nightmare was when Phil Harrison that guy at stadia was managing PS2/PS3 first party. Now that was pure ass.

55 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Everyone seemed to disliked the guy before they said he was leaving.

But he deserves credit. Santa Monica almost closed down and he greenlit God of War and Spiderman. And doesn't believe first party should do GAAS.

Yeah, that part has me worried regarding PS5. I really hope that isn't the direction they take with PS5.

46 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, that part has me worried regarding PS5. I really hope that isn't the direction they take with PS5.

I think it's more a Sony thing. You can't go to Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch and say make GAAS. The studios don't want it, and I think Sony realised the value of these big budget SP games as a platform holder.

I believe he was mostly the marketing guy during most of this gen and the lead up

sony really nailed that aspect this gen so we will see if that continues

The main thing is I believe he was there since the start of PS1 like House. That’s a lot of knowledge and understanding of the brand to lose