Uh oh , looks like Sony is in trouble

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, are lemmings now trying to pretend that Shawn Layden was the real genius behind everything?

That's rich. Reminds me of Dynocrap saying that Naughty Dog's HR supervisor leaving for Microsoft was "bad news" for Naughty Dog. :drake:

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh, are lemmings now trying to pretend that Shawn Layden was the real genius behind everything?

That's rich. Reminds me of Dynocrap saying that Naughty Dog's HR supervisor leaving for Microsoft was "bad news" for Naughty Dog. :drake:

What?

Not good but highly doubtful it will have any long term negative impacts. A lot of major Sony names and faces have left during the generation, both early and now late and it hasn't had any impact to the output. Layden himself has only been in that role for like 2-3 years. Ryan was already his superior. We had Andrew House leave prior, Adam Boyes leave, John Drake recently left and now Shaun Layden. We'll see who will replace them but so much of the decision seems so basic that it would be difficult to fuck up. 

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

PS4 is more successful than they would have been if MS hadn't fucked up.

That's not the same as saying PS4 is ONLY successful because MS fucked up....

Even if MS didn't fuck up at launch....they fucked up for the ENTIRE gen by not having definitive Blockbuster exclusives for 6 years. 

PS4 would have still curb stumped Xbox into the ground by this same margin :shrug:

Edited by Goukosan
14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Even if MS didn't fuck up at launch....they fucked up for the ENTIRE gen by not having definitive Blockbuster exclusives for an entire gen. 

PS4 would have still curb stumped Xbox into the ground :shrug:

I believe the fuck up at launch precipitated a reaction from MS (the entire company) which caused them to lose focus which they weren't really able to recover from.  The Xbox division was also dealing with a power struggle between the Windows side of MS and the Xbox side.  Xbox wasn't really able to make their own decisions and react quickly enough.  They basically had to go through the windows side of MS to get approval for anything... and that ship doesn't turn on a dime.

They fucked up in multiple ways, no doubt.  Their hardware was underpowered compared to the competition and they were losing mindshare rapidly. 

I agree that they're absolutely at fault for not securing and developing/announcing AAA blockbusters for the last half of the gen.  That was a mistake.  I think they put more effort and thought into how to fix the hardware and services side, and tried to make due with the software that they had for the rest of the gen.

While people like you are 100% convinced that Phil just doesn't get it.... and I completely understand people having that opinion.. I still happen to believe that he knows what needs to be done and has made moves to set them on that course and that it's just taking time.  Games like TLOU and God of War aren't made in 2 or 3 years... especially when they are new ip.

I know I've said it before, but if this E3 goes by... with the next gen reveal, and all we see is Halo and possibly Forza.  I'm going to have to finally agree the Phil needs to go and they need someone else in there.

Sounds like the EU/US power struggle have been ongoing for years. PSN stores are still region based and run their own discounts/promotions etc.  I do hope Sony can successfully integrate them into a single unified global store.

Edited by Pureis
3 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Sounds like the EU/US power struggle have been ongoing for years. PSN stores are still region based and run their own discounts/promotions etc.  I hope Sony can successfully integrate them into a single unified store.

This is a common trend among multiple companies. A lot of US companies dislike their UK counter parts and vice versa. Not surprised in the least.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This is a common trend among multiple companies. A lot of US companies dislike their UK counter parts and vice versa. Not surprised in the least.

Yeah this is pretty common in big companies. But the way they spoke of how the "right" people won the power right before PS4's launch really got you thinking how things could have been different if the other side had "won" the power lol.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Even if MS didn't fuck up at launch....they fucked up for the ENTIRE gen by not having definitive Blockbuster exclusives for 6 years. 

PS4 would have still curb stomped Xbox into the ground by this same margin :shrug:

Easily.

Microsoft's Xbox One announcement fuck up is probably last on the list of why Xbox flopped like a mother fucker this generation. It all started in 2009 when Microsoft decided that games aren't important during the Xbox 360 era, and that Kinect was the way forward. :mj: 

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Succession and their ambition to climb to the top.

Howard Stringer became the head of Sony at one point.  So, even though they all work for the same company, they start "competing" with each other. The US Boss and the EU Boss. And then that leads to tension. Especially after having some success, these big egos get bigger.

9 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Easily.

Microsoft's Xbox One announcement fuck up is probably last on the list of why Xbox flopped like a mother fucker this generation. It all started in 2009 when Microsoft decided that games aren't important during the Xbox 360 era, and that Kinect was the way forward. :mj: 

The problem is outside of NA . In NA ps4 and xb1 arent too far off . American lemmings will buy xbox 

They need to completely give up on Japan,  focus on home turf and Europe . They can do that.  They arent completely lost .

But they need to make good games.  Halo forza gears doesnt cut it. Neither does buying a bunch of 3rd party devs and let them continue to make 3rd party games .