Difficulty settings in SKYRIM

I put it on "Novice" which is basically very easy. It is sooo much better now. I can play an archer and one hit - three shot most enemies and bosses still take a few more shots.

Even if you play on "Adept" which is normal every enemy takes like a million fucking hits and then you spent most of your time having a breakfast mid-combat because you have to take all the damage. :kaz: 

I always like the atmosphere but the shitty combat kept me from playing. I didn't know this game has actually good quests. 

There is this one quest called "house of horrors" where you follow some dude in an abandoned house in some city and there's a daedric evil god or some shit and he talks to you through mind power and says kill the guy because hes weak and then i have to lure a priest to him as well and i kill that one too and then he gives me his shitty mace and I could actually insult him dialogue choices afterwards  lmfao.

oh i forgot the best part he takes the priests soul to his realm to fuck him up forever, the priest had to be rescued from some assholes in a cave and he wasn't grateful or anything that I rescued him from a stinky cell. fuck him. :kaz: 

btw I think this game has the best archer bow shooting mechanics, i hate all this unrealistic crap where you can instantly shoot arrows. drawing back and then shooting for max damage is so satisfying on easy mode because you actually do some damage. game is super fun for half an hour inbetween :kaz: 

Edited by kaz

Do they have any city or town that's as big as Cyrodil in Oblivion?  The unfortunate part about Cyrodil is that they didn't enough NPCs to occupy the "capital city."

I've been thinking about trying to finish my run in Oblivion, and I think I'm going to have to lower the difficulty settings because I did so much shit and leveled up way too high before I started doing the main quest missions, so now the main quest is really hard.

But I do think that the faction quests in Oblivion are better than in Skyrim. I completed the Thieves Guild quest in Oblivion, and that was excellent.

32 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PS1 AI path finding at its best. :D

the NPCs are fucking hilarious at times. I kill almost everyone, courier boy running outside - dead. Prisoners in a cell? I open the door and talk to them and one of them says "what are you looking at?" - DEAD.

The first village riverwood or wahts it called is my fav because I killed everyone and it's basically my storage using chests and the kids always say how they hate me forever because i'm mean. :D  

I have to look for a mod that enables killing children :laff: 

@jehurey I have no idea I never played Oblivion. But I think most cities are medium sized. There is none that sticks out or can be called the main city. 

Edited by kaz
44 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The only way I enjoy the combat is with bows and stealth, melee builds are boring and dumb.

yea exactly. but now I don't use stealth (sometimes) and just go in like rambo and shoot everything with my fucking bow. It's hilarious.

I want to try it out in VR like that. The normal difficulty makes the game a borefest because you take so much damage you spent most of your time in the menu eating a whole swine and a few apples and shit :D 

i shit you not: skyrim should be played on the easiest difficulty. It should get as close to realism as possible and the damage and hit points values are off the charts in normal or higher difficulties and easy fixes that.

the bow gameplay is realistic. I know how to shoot with a bow in real life. I mean it's not the same but at least we get to draw back and it takes time to be able to actually shoot. 

Edited by kaz
5 minutes ago, kaz said:

yea exactly. but now I don't use stealth (sometimes) and just go in like rambo and shoot everything with my fucking bow. It's hilarious.

I want to try it out in VR like that. The normal difficulty makes the game a borefest because you take so much damage you spent most of your time in the menu eating a whole swine and a few apples and shit :D 

Bows are amazing in VR. Headtracking aiming combined with a controller is godly. It shoots where you look basically, I never miss a shot, it's even better than a mouse.

That's why I use stealth, I barely use any healing items except when things go wrong.

There's a bow perk that slows down time, get it, it's really good.

Edited by Ramza
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Bows are amazing in VR. Headtracking aiming combined with a controller is godly. It shoots where you look basically, I never miss a shot, it's even better than a mouse.

That's why I use stealth, I barely use any healing items except when things go wrong.

There's a bow perk that slows down time, get it, it's really good.

i know but i only use the 25% slow time because 50% is way too much. That's not what i mean ramza, i'm saying the game becomes 10000x more enjoyable if you play it on easy.

There is no reason to waste your time with the awful combat. And archery gets wwaaaay more realistic like that. I have a lot of fun like that in the original but I'm actually looking forward to try out VR now :kaz: 

36 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Elder scrolls games have never had any difficulty. Brain dead AI and the most simple of combat.  A 6 year old can beat Skyrim on the hardest setting, the hardest part would be keeping the 6 year olds attention. 

not true at atll. the game gets hard as fuck because of the scaling system.

not to mention you spent half the game in the option menu having a 5 star dinner every encounter because there is no way to avoid taking damage in this game. 

The difficulty setting is simply stupidly balanced. They up the damage and hitpoints - you have to fight spongey enemies that hit you harder and then you have to get HP back. awful design thats it. 

Also bonus for you because you said brain dead AI: it's true but hitting someone with a bow can be hard sometimes because enemy movement is irregular.

and i'm saying this as an FPS aiming GOD. not some clown that plays on console like you or vini :mj: 

Edited by kaz

The game plays entirely different with a Bow than the melee builds; and spells inevitably turn into just memelord creations.

Equipping potions is a pains, really - accessing the menu at all kinda sucks; which is why at least with a powerful bow you can just focus on your shots and who you want to take out first. 

Melee really sucks since the melee combat mechanics are far too simply, and thus too dull for an entire playthrough.

I've spent hundreds of hours in Skyrim since its launch, and just like Oblivion never completed the main story. There's enough with the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guilds, College, and Dungeon diving that the main quest just felt like a chore.

In closing, take a bow, craft (get some workshop mods to allow for more armour/gear/slots) and take the game for what it does best; an open world with medieval and fantasy settings.

23 hours ago, kaz said:

not true at atll. the game gets hard as fuck because of the scaling system.

not to mention you spent half the game in the option menu having a 5 star dinner every encounter because there is no way to avoid taking damage in this game. 

The difficulty setting is simply stupidly balanced. They up the damage and hitpoints - you have to fight spongey enemies that hit you harder and then you have to get HP back. awful design thats it. 

Also bonus for you because you said brain dead AI: it's true but hitting someone with a bow can be hard sometimes because enemy movement is irregular.

and i'm saying this as an FPS aiming GOD. not some clown that plays on console like you or vini :mj: 

The game is stupid easy. You suck ass at games. A 6 year old could beat it. There is literally no AI. Walk into a room, hit them, leave the room, go back in and they forget you were EVER there. Lol

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

The game is stupid easy. You suck ass at games. A 6 year old could beat it. There is literally no AI. Walk into a room, hit them, leave the room, go back in and they forget you were EVER there. Lol

It is not at all easy if you used some bugs to pump up your illusion or alteration skills to 100 for example because everything scales around you. The game becomes stupid hard because you got nothing from it while the enemies level up with you and turn into sponges. If you play this on hard you spent your time in the menu having a feast or spamming HP potions every encounter. I'm talking about the difficulty scaling, not the difficulty by itself.

I think I should've clarified. The game balancing is all over the place and when you level up for nothing in return you end up shooting some dude 20 times before he dies on hard. Not to mention you get hit and you go into the stagger mode and you can't do anything. But it's ok because the game is super ez once you lower the difficulty, like a sheep noob like you does right from the start :mj: 

5 minutes ago, kaz said:

It is not at all easy if you used some bugs to pump up your illusion or alteration skills to 100 for example because everything scales around you. The game becomes stupid hard because you got nothing from it while the enemies level up with you and turn into sponges. If you play this on hard you spent your time in the menu having a feast or spamming HP potions every encounter. I'm talking about the difficulty scaling, not the difficulty by itself.

I think I should've clarified. The game balancing is all over the place and when you level up for nothing in return you end up shooting some dude 20 times before he dies on hard. Not to mention you get hit and you go into the stagger mode and you can't do anything. But it's ok because the game is super ez once you lower the difficulty, like a sheep noob like you does right from the start :mj: 

Hitting people multiple times isn’t hard when they have absolutely no intelligence. I’ve beat the game and many other elder scrolls games because I enjoy the worlds, the combat is just pathetic and legit has not evolved since the 90s. It’s dreadfully easy if you’ve played the series in the past as it’s literally the exact same game from the early 2000s with better graphics. There is absolutely no variety in the combat, it is simple (at least to me I suppose) to master and I did that 15+ years ago. Not only that, it has the same exploits from 15+ years ago. Of course I will exploit the game, as anyone would, but you can’t do that with great games. 

again bring damage sponges means nothing if you can constantly put damage. Taking a few minutes =/= hard 

• NPC 1