How does a MS "next-gen" game have worse character models than UC4? (New Halo Infinite Screenshots)

6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Deacon st. John the white gruff male looked at his wife's butt :cries: 5.0 - fat cunt from GS

What am I making up? It's one the single clearest examples of media bias in this industry. That game was straight up targeted by them for destruction and the sales proove it, it's one of the best games this year and one of the highest selling.

the public loves it, it's the 6th-best selling PS4 exclusive this gen and is beloved, sold millions, and has people clamouring for a sequel which it WILL get. :glad: That's more than any MS new ip has accomplished in a decade.

Ok CrapGamer :tom: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And Halo is blasted because it's currently cool to hate on MS.  Think about it :roll: 

there is no more media bias against MS, it's not 2013. Phil has taken any and all ammo away from anyone who could try. 

They just produce shitty games, it's that simple. everything they put out is budget, broken trash and this will be no different.

37 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

there is no more media bias against MS, it's not 2013. Phil has taken any and all ammo away from anyone who could try. 

They just produce shitty games, it's that simple. everything they put out is budget, broken trash and this will be no different.

There IS bias against MS right now... but MS definitely deserve most of it.

However, it's quite clear to me that it's "in" right now to hate on Xbox.  It seems that Sony can do no wrong.

MS even had to actually respond to that bullshit Gizmodo article and dispel the rumor... because it's quite fucking obvious, that whoever made that shit up... wanted to create another drama which invokes the idea that MS is repeating the same problems they made with the Xbox One at launch.

https://gizmodo.com/a-story-about-two-tiny-fuzzy-photos-of-a-playstation-5-1837594238

That much is 100% obvious to me.  These fuckers know exactly what they are doing.  They'll report any bullshit rumor because they want clicks... even though it can seriously influence perceptions and snowball.

MS is on the backfoot right now, and it's going to take a lot to get mindshare back.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

And Halo is blasted because it's currently cool to hate on MS.  Think about it :roll: 

Halo 5 was only 5 hours long, and it still felt 2 hours too long. Worst campaign in the franchise. 

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Halo 5 was only 5 hours long, and it still felt 2 hours too long. Worst campaign in the franchise. 

It wasn't the greatest Halo... but not a bad game.  Regardless, I don't understand how one less than amazing game can bring people to the conclusion that Halo Infinite is going to be terrible.

Everything I've seen from the game, from the engine, to the art style, to the visuals.. as well as interviews... screams to me that they understand they were veering a little too far off the mark and wanted to bring the series back to a similar style that it was before, as well as implement new ideas.  Infinite has me excited.

But this thread is just typical hater bullshit.  Halo Infinite is not out... it's not in front of us running on Scarlett.  I'll guarantee you Halo Infinite smashes the hell out of UC4 visually on Scarlett, and will do so running at 2x the fps.. or more.

It's going to be a stunning game.. I'm sure of it.

58 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It wasn't the greatest Halo... but not a bad game.  Regardless, I don't understand how one less than amazing game can bring people to the conclusion that Halo Infinite is going to be terrible.

Everything I've seen from the game, from the engine, to the art style, to the visuals.. as well as interviews... screams to me that they understand they were veering a little too far off the mark and wanted to bring the series back to a similar style that it was before, as well as implement new ideas.  Infinite has me excited.

But this thread is just typical hater bullshit.  Halo Infinite is not out... it's not in front of us running on Scarlett.  I'll guarantee you Halo Infinite smashes the hell out of UC4 visually on Scarlett, and will do so running at 2x the fps.. or more.

It's going to be a stunning game.. I'm sure of it.

I'm a Halo Infinite believer and think it will be great, however the lack of hope isn't because it was one less than amazing game in a franchise of amazing games, it's because 343 simply hasn't made an amazing Halo yet. MCC is one of the most disastrous launches to a game I've ever seen and Halo 5 is a legit 7/10 at best. I'm hopeful about Infinite in spite of their previous work while others aren't optimistic because of their previous work. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I'm a Halo Infinite believer and think it will be great, however the lack of hope isn't because it was one less than amazing game in a franchise of amazing games, it's because 343 simply hasn't made an amazing Halo yet. MCC is one of the most disastrous launches to a game I've ever seen and Halo 5 is a legit 7/10 at best. I'm hopeful about Infinite in spite of their previous work while others aren't optimistic because of their previous work. 

That's fair.  But you're a rational human being.  These people who are clearly haters, who are simply eager to shit on it despite not knowing anything about it... don't deserve an honest debate about it.

This entire thread is based on the premise that Microsoft's "next gen games" are already failing to live up to the standard of a current gen Uncharted game on PS4....  I happen to think that's bullshit.. and that's based on what I've already seen. I think that Halo Infinite when released on Scarlett is going to completely shit on UC4 visually... despite being a CROSS GEN game.

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

remembe rthe missions where you *literally* did nothing but walk from point a to point B as Agent Brocke or w/e and TALK to NPCs? :rofl: There were 3 missions like that.

and then there was the lies and deceit with the marketing campaign. Agent Brocke vs Chief never happened, it was a slap fight and then they became friends. :rofl: AND that snake O'Connor said you played as chief for half the campaign, but it was 9 missions as Brock and only 3 as chief.

that game was laughable, traded it in soon after.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's fair.  But you're a rational human being.  These people who are clearly haters, who are simply eager to shit on it despite not knowing anything about it... don't deserve an honest debate about it.

This entire thread is based on the premise that Microsoft's "next gen games" are already failing to live up to the standard of a current gen Uncharted game on PS4....  I happen to think that's bullshit.. and that's based on what I've already seen. I think that Halo Infinite when released on Scarlett is going to completely shit on UC4 visually... despite being a CROSS GEN game.

I sure as fuck hope so lol because that should be a given. Should hopefully shit on The Last of Us Part 2 also but I'm not so sure it will. 

I understand ppl's disappointment in the Infinite reveal though given it's the first next gen game shown. I know it's cross gen but so was Watch Dogs and that shit blew ppl's mind when it was first revealed (then had a giant downgrade).

Either way I think this is best for Infinite anyway. Ppl going in expecting it to be average, unlike the usual hype a Halo gets where anything under a masterpiece is considered a massive disappointment.

I think it will succeed simply because it has too. This game is so important for MS and their next gen plans. 

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I sure as fuck hope so lol because that should be a given. Should hopefully shit on The Last of Us Part 2 also but I'm not so sure it will. 

I understand ppl's disappointment in the Infinite reveal though given it's the first next gen game shown. I know it's cross gen but so was Watch Dogs and that shit blew ppl's mind when it was first revealed (then had a giant downgrade).

Either way I think this is best for Infinite anyway. Ppl going in expecting it to be average, unlike the usual hype a Halo gets where anything under a masterpiece is considered a massive disappointment.

I think it will succeed simply because it has too. This game is so important for MS and their next gen plans. 

I disagree though.. that it should be a given.  It shouldn't be.  Visuals in games is at a point where budget and overall design goals play a bigger role in the outcome rather than pure power.

Is Halo's design goal to make as realistic of humans as possible?  No... it's likely not.  Is that a goal of the Uncharted team?  Yea.. pretty much.

Just because Halo's going to be on next gen as well doesn't mean that it will fix that problem...

There's things that Halo Infinite looks to be doing technically that imo UC4 comes up far short in.  Clarity, texture resolution, lighting.. ect.  Halo looks great.. and I think when we're actually playing and driving around on Warthogs and there's huge fire fights going on... we're going to see the power of the new console push it at framerates that make UC4 look dated. 

I can almost guarantee that the trailer (and hence opening cinematic) was specifically designed to be featured in a dark, enclosed and confined space... with the ending shot being Chief jumping out of the back... so that when that scene continues and some crazy shit happens and Chief plummets onto the surface of a planet seamlessly which is bright and vast with tons of detail.. and the gameplay seamlessly kicks in.. it's that kind of shit that is going to leave an impression.  I'm almost certain they aren't showing off the REAL areas in which this engine is going to excel.

The initial engine reveal hinted at it though.