Whats a good future proof PC in October 2019?

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm not sure what to tell you. I didn't even repaste mine from what it came with because I figured I'd just get something else down the line anyway, but I have no reason to when it performs as well as it does for me.

My experience also isn't unique as you can check those threads you linked and find people reporting no problems either.

Regardless, it's a free cooler so it would be silly to commit to anything else before giving it a spin.

He thinks I posted google results when I actually posted the Ryzen 3000 FAQ's section from AMDs subreddit. :smilecry: 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a 1200 dollar video card and being trolled into doing 1080p benchmarks LOL

Well here's the biggest question before we can even start, what's your financial, performance and resolution target?

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I disagree. AIOs provide no performance return on their cost over a high end air cooler, so it's up to the aforementioned reasoning to get one.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I didn't even repaste mine from what it came with because I figured I'd just get something else down the line anyway, but I have no reason to when it performs as well as it does for me.

My experience also isn't unique as you can check those threads you linked and find people reporting no problems either.

Regardless, it's a free cooler so it would be silly to commit to anything else before giving it a spin.

Considering you can get a 240mm for cheaper than a high end air cooler I'm not sure what cost issue you have? Unless you're one to require the highest end brand named AIO?

Regarding my experience, there's nothing to tell. The Wraith Prism didn't perform well and that's my experience along with many many others, but yes, others don't have "issues". I guess if you're okay with the CPU throttling to keep itself cooler while under load and in the 80s then it's all good.

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

He thinks I posted google results when I actually posted the Ryzen 3000 FAQ's section from AMDs subreddit. :smilecry: 

So you did post something completely different like I said.

Just now, lynux3 said:

So you did post something completely different like I said.

Nah.  I posted proof that people who are WORRIED that their temps are high SHOULDN'T be... because they are WITHIN SPEC.

But w/e idgaf anymore :francis: 

34 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

If money isn't an issue then do yourself a favor and get the AIO if you're going with the 3700X.

Last time I fucked with a Coolermaster AIO I returned it because the pump whine was that bad. I have an NZXT Kraken X62 and a Corsair H115i... the Kraken whines at full RPM, but the Corsair is quiet can't even hear it.

That H115i looks huge.

Hot sauce has a point. The performance gains with a small water cooler look minimal. Sounds like they do run a fair bit cooler though but maybe louder.

i cant get a big one because if I ever open this thing up its going to be a pain in the ass to deal with and I expect to upgrade gpu at some point.

25 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Considering you can get a 240mm for cheaper than a high end air cooler I'm not sure what cost issue you have? Unless you're one to require the highest end brand named AIO?

Because those AIOs don't compare to the performance of a high end air cooler?

26 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Regarding my experience, there's nothing to tell. The Wraith Prism didn't perform well and that's my experience along with many many others, but yes, others don't have "issues". I guess if you're okay with the CPU throttling to keep itself cooler while under load and in the 80s then it's all good.

:roll:

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Because those AIOs don't compare to the performance of a high end air cooler?

:roll:

You really think a push/pull 240mm is going to perform worse than a high end air cooler? :roll:

24 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

i cant get a big one because if I ever open this thing up its going to be a pain in the ass to deal with and I expect to upgrade gpu at some point.

I wouldn't worry about the GPU regardless of your cooling situation since it should be well out of the way. 

33 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

That H115i looks huge.

Hot sauce has a point. The performance gains with a small water cooler look minimal. Sounds like they do run a fair bit cooler though but maybe louder.

I went overboard on the AIO. :shrug:  If you want to stick to air then I'd suggest a Noctua NH-D15 or do what Hot Sauce did try out the Wraith Prism. Worst case scenario is you don't sustain boost clocks, but for me personally, I like to maintain my boost clock for a $300+ CPU.

Everyone's recommendations/suggestions vary just as much as the amount of available PC components on the market. There's a lot of choice.

Edited by lynux3
18 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You really think a push/pull 240mm is going to perform worse than a high end air cooler? :roll:

Which AIOs are you talking about? I really don't know anything in the sub $80 range (and maybe that's my fault for considering a NH-D15 or Dark Rock non-pro as high end when there's air coolers going for over $100) that would compete.

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Which AIOs are you talking about? I really don't know anything in the sub $80 range (and maybe that's my fault for considering a NH-D15 or Dark Rock non-pro as high end when there's air coolers going for over $100) that would compete.

Admittedly, none of the good ones. :drake:  But I also consider the Noctua being one of the best of the best, which is an air cooler I suggested earlier in this thread.

I see why none of the cases have dvd slots anymore. Its so they can fit their bulky coolers at the front.

Call me old fashioned but I think I’d rather lean towards the comfort of having a dvd drive in there.

how come people dont think the x570 boards are worth it? :wonder: surely its worth having just in case

7 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I see why none of the cases have dvd slots anymore. Its so they can fit their bulky coolers at the front.

Call me old fashioned but I think I’d rather lean towards the comfort of having a dvd drive in there.

how come people dont think the x570 boards are worth it? :wonder: surely its worth having just in case

It's mostly because you can get away with flashing an X470 board to support PCIe 4.0 and they're cheaper right now. I'd get an X570 anyways.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

One thing that seemingly hasnt changed in a decade is how good the yanks have it when it comes to prices if PC parts. Hell it’s only gotten worse :killzone:

The UK is such a fucking ripoff 

Same here in Canada.  If I could buy PC parts at American prices... god damn... lol

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

When's a good time to get a new PC then and for which hardware release? :interesting:

Do it early next year when Nvidia and/or AMD release their new GPUs.  Get a 3700X CPU with it and 32GB of ram, and you're set.